Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1
    Not a Barry supporter.
    Reputation: Crash_FLMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,839

    Love my Id but...

    I love my '03 Id but since I've read that it's a longer suspension Truth and all the negative feedback about EW warranty, it makes me leary. I'm kind of thinking of selling the bike and going with a Spider or 5.5. Please tell me I'm wrong for thinking this. Tell me I'm just a wuss and to shut up and ride. Tell me there's very little chance of it breaking.

    The ride is amazing. It's just with all the dough I plopped down on it, if the warranty didn't cover the problem and I had to pay extra cash I may be a little upset. I'm not into hucking or anything like that. I just ride agressively and mostly singletrack in the great NW. Our trails are rooty, kind of rocky and wet a good deal of the time. Since I've been riding this bike, I'm much more stable and rarely wreck anymore. I got my name of Crash b/c I would 'crash' all the time on my Sugar. I was just to agressive on the trails for it.

    Anyway, tell me there's nothing to worry about. I just need some insurance.

    (I'm just a wuss I guess.)
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

  2. #2
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    I love my '03 Id but since I've read that it's a longer suspension Truth and all the negative feedback about EW warranty, it makes me leary. I'm kind of thinking of selling the bike and going with a Spider or 5.5. Please tell me I'm wrong for thinking this. Tell me I'm just a wuss and to shut up and ride. Tell me there's very little chance of it breaking.

    The ride is amazing. It's just with all the dough I plopped down on it, if the warranty didn't cover the problem and I had to pay extra cash I may be a little upset. I'm not into hucking or anything like that. I just ride agressively and mostly singletrack in the great NW. Our trails are rooty, kind of rocky and wet a good deal of the time. Since I've been riding this bike, I'm much more stable and rarely wreck anymore. I got my name of Crash b/c I would 'crash' all the time on my Sugar. I was just to agressive on the trails for it.

    Anyway, tell me there's nothing to worry about. I just need some insurance.

    (I'm just a wuss I guess.)
    Be worried, be very very worried-kidding. I used to think the same thing, all the negative talk can really bum you out and make you paranoid about your frame breaking. I've decided now to just ride the crap out of it and if it breaks then I have an excuse to build a new rig, if it doesn't then I still get to ride an awesome bike and at the same time prove the naysayers wrong.

  3. #3
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,115
    Do what I do and ride with a brown paper bag....you can paint whatever you want on it.

    I don't know but lately, I have been loving my Id. I feel like it's completely dialed in and lets me fly off everything. I'm gonna ride it like there is not tomorrow and if I break it, I'll get another and then sell it. ;-)

    Compared to my truth, the Id is a whole lot beefier and has the stress areas corrected. I ride really hard with lots of big rocks on my trails, and can't imagine breaking it. So surely you might not either.
    Last edited by lidarman; 04-05-2004 at 02:33 PM.

  4. #4
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,132

    And the devil gets his due...

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    I love my '03 Id but since I've read that it's a longer suspension Truth and all the negative feedback about EW warranty, it makes me leary.(I'm just a wuss I guess.)
    At the risk of not minding my own business, (bc I don't own an EW)

    It sadens me to think someone might enjoy a bike they own and love- less, only because of the warranty discussions here.

    The bike spanks...Gold is fabulous...worry about the other nonsense if it brakes. Meanwhile you have a bike you really enjoy so keep enjoying it. In the absense of new issues, this warranty talk is academic chaff for anyone who owns a EW.

    I distinctly get the impression that the Id was not marketed as a long travel Truth until after the Moment was added to the lineup. I vaguely remember suggestions of light freerider in the older catalogue and certainly recall it being in a shootout with L-FRs. So it should be more than trailworthy, heck there are plenty of people who ride the truth as a trail bike.

    FWIW the guy who sits in front of me has gotten great service on his Truth several occasions and none of them involved a broken frame.

    IMO there are some past issues that could make one wonder but I see no reason to abandon a bike you haven't had any problems with, unless you're looking to upgrade, then any reason is a good reason . Read less...ride more!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  5. #5
    Are you talking to me?
    Reputation: damion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,884

    Dont worry about it.

    I am not trying to make anyone paranoid, just informed.
    If you have a 2004 bike, the warranty is very clear. Go ride the bike, and enjoy it. They are beautiful, no doubt.
    Just do not go making any frame alterations, even if TE says it is ok. (i know the ID is disc only, I am kidding. sort of.)

    More than likely, the result of this discussion will help you out if you have any issues.
    gfy

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    241
    If you are worried about the bike breaking as you are riding along, you should sell it and get something you have confidence in. I wouldn't want to be riding along constantly paranoid about a frame failure.

  7. #7
    Not a Barry supporter.
    Reputation: Crash_FLMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by NAHTNOJ
    If you are worried about the bike breaking as you are riding along, you should sell it and get something you have confidence in. I wouldn't want to be riding along constantly paranoid about a frame failure.

    I'm only 150 lbs. so I'm not so much worried about it breaking on the trail, I'm more worried about the warranty issues. Truthfully, I don't expect to EVER break it but there's always that little voice in your head that says 'What if.'

    Maybe I'm just wanting a new bike to tool around on. I don't know. I love the Id and it's dialed in perfectly. So I should just shut up, enjoy the amazing ride and stop thinking so much. Yep, that's what I'll do. I'll stop thinking so much.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

  8. #8
    Only Democrat in Utah
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    So I should just shut up, enjoy the amazing ride and stop thinking so much. Yep, that's what I'll do. I'll stop thinking so much.



    Just for emphasis.

    I'm kidding. Man, enjoy the freaking ID. I rode mine for the first time yesterday. It was absolutely phenomenal. I just wanted to fly on it. I love that bike.

    Just get out and ride and have a good time, man.
    Flying by the seat of my pants.

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by NAHTNOJ
    If you are worried about the bike breaking as you are riding along, you should sell it and get something you have confidence in. I wouldn't want to be riding along constantly paranoid about a frame failure.
    I wasn't worried about the monetary impact of my Truth failing like many of its brethren but rather it failing in the midst of a road trip and missing some tasty riding (this is what happened when my Id broke).

    So I sold the Truth for that reason, among others.

  10. #10
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    you are a wuss.

    shut up and ride... ;-)

    i am at healthy 205lb, just picked up 2004 Truth that is lighter than your ID. I am not spending one friggin second worrying about the bike. if it breaks, i'll worry then. i doubt it though.

    have fun and dont worry.



    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    I love my '03 Id but since I've read that it's a longer suspension Truth and all the negative feedback about EW warranty, it makes me leary. I'm kind of thinking of selling the bike and going with a Spider or 5.5. Please tell me I'm wrong for thinking this. Tell me I'm just a wuss and to shut up and ride. Tell me there's very little chance of it breaking.

    The ride is amazing. It's just with all the dough I plopped down on it, if the warranty didn't cover the problem and I had to pay extra cash I may be a little upset. I'm not into hucking or anything like that. I just ride agressively and mostly singletrack in the great NW. Our trails are rooty, kind of rocky and wet a good deal of the time. Since I've been riding this bike, I'm much more stable and rarely wreck anymore. I got my name of Crash b/c I would 'crash' all the time on my Sugar. I was just to agressive on the trails for it.

    Anyway, tell me there's nothing to worry about. I just need some insurance.

    (I'm just a wuss I guess.)

  11. #11
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    ..


    i am at healthy 205lb, just picked up 2004 Truth that is lighter than your ID. I am not spending one friggin second worrying about the bike. if it breaks, i'll worry then. i doubt it though. ..
    Wow, On the contrary, I broke my Truth twice and only weight 170 lbs... When I did it a second time, I worried so much I got an Id with my Warranty claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    ...I am not spending one friggin second worrying about the bike.....
    LOL...seems to me you spent all those 'seconds' up, worrying about every other thing to do with Ellsworth on this forum??

  12. #12
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Wow, On the contrary, I broke my Truth twice and only weight 170 lbs... When I did it a second time, I worried so much I got an Id with my Warranty claim.

    LOL...seems to me you spent all those 'seconds' up, worrying about every other thing to do with Ellsworth on this forum??
    what year was the frame you broke twice? when i spoke with ellsworth, they told me that 2004 would be as strong as ID in my case. we'll see. i specifically inquired about better frame due to my weight... if it breaks, i'll go for an ID, if it breaks i'll go for the moment. hehe, whatever...

    i just cant stand certain fat pseudo-intellectuals with personality issues, as far as this board is concerned... i realize they made me sound too defensive but hey, i never said i was perfect either...

    how long have you been riding your ID?
    what would be the major difference between the truth and the id???

    thx

  13. #13
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    amen... by the way...

    if you want to upgrade Truth, what do you go to?

    (i am not saying that Truth is the "be it all" bike, just curious)


    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    At the risk of not minding my own business, (bc I don't own an EW)

    It sadens me to think someone might enjoy a bike they own and love- less, only because of the warranty discussions here.

    The bike spanks...Gold is fabulous...worry about the other nonsense if it brakes. Meanwhile you have a bike you really enjoy so keep enjoying it. In the absense of new issues, this warranty talk is academic chaff for anyone who owns a EW.

    I distinctly get the impression that the Id was not marketed as a long travel Truth until after the Moment was added to the lineup. I vaguely remember suggestions of light freerider in the older catalogue and certainly recall it being in a shootout with L-FRs. So it should be more than trailworthy, heck there are plenty of people who ride the truth as a trail bike.

    FWIW the guy who sits in front of me has gotten great service on his Truth several occasions and none of them involved a broken frame.

    IMO there are some past issues that could make one wonder but I see no reason to abandon a bike you haven't had any problems with, unless you're looking to upgrade, then any reason is a good reason . Read less...ride more!

  14. #14
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    how long have you been riding your ID?
    what would be the major difference between the truth and the id???

    thx
    Got my Id last june.

    The headtube is longer to take leverage a longer fork and the tubes are not so butted like the truth--they may even be a heavier gauge...the truth reminded me of the coke can cannondales. Look, you have it, ride it. I rode mine to death--literally.

  15. #15
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    Ygm

    check your mail

    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Got my Id last june.

    The headtube is longer to take leverage a longer fork and the tubes are not so butted like the truth--they may even be a heavier gauge...the truth reminded me of the coke can cannondales. Look, you have it, ride it. I rode mine to death--literally.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jedoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    85

    Steve, you just got a new bike, relax

    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    Lets see, you call me "fat boy", in your playground mentality, but you weigh 20 pounds more than I do?

    Meanwhile, for someone who constantly talks about not worrying about your bike until it breaks, you sure seem to be posting a lot about the idea of the bike breaking.

    Adding to the list of your predjudices, you don't like overweight people now. It must be so hard to live where you do exercising no tolerance fo
    r anyone that isn't as perfect as yourself.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    shut up and ride... ;-)
    This coming from someone who's experience with the Truth is only purchasing one, rather than actually riding one.

    Awesome!

    Check back after you've logged significant miles and then maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) you'll have some real experience to share, rather than blindly defending Ellsworth simply because you bought one and apparently have a good deal of your self-worth tied up ina friggin' toy.

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i just cant stand certain fat pseudo-intellectuals with personality issues, as far as this board is concerned... i realize they made me sound too defensive but hey, i never said i was perfect either...
    So the people who point out your repeated bouts of idiocy are "pseudo-intellectuals" and "fat"?

    Man, I thought you couldn't make yourself look any more stupid, and here you go proving me wrong.

  19. #19
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    as long as you are around

    there is at least one idiot that i have to look up to...


    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    So the people who point out your repeated bouts of idiocy are "pseudo-intellectuals" and "fat"?

    Man, I thought you couldn't make yourself look any more stupid, and here you go proving me wrong.

  20. #20
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    another moronic post pete.

    keep your mouth shut. that way you may fool some people into thinking that you still have some brain left...

    no need for any substantial comment on your Ellsworth crap. you have said what you had to say and so did I.

    fat boy will be happy to see that you think along the same lines as he does. you two make for a great team.




    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    This coming from someone who's experience with the Truth is only purchasing one, rather than actually riding one.

    Awesome!

    Check back after you've logged significant miles and then maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) you'll have some real experience to share, rather than blindly defending Ellsworth simply because you bought one and apparently have a good deal of your self-worth tied up ina friggin' toy.

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    keep your mouth shut. that way you may fool some people into thinking that you still have some brain left...

    no need for any substantial comment on your Ellsworth crap. you have said what you had to say and so did I.

    fat boy will be happy to see that you think along the same lines as he does. you two make for a great team.
    So my experiences (note the use of the keyword "experiences") are "Ellsworth crap" because they challenge your view of Ellsworth (which is based upon ordering a bike, rather than riding one)?

    Excellent flail once again!

    What's so very funny about your comments about that steve guy is that it apparently it bothers you that he has been commenting on Ellsworth and his shady business practices without any personal experience with the bikes.

    Yet you have no experience other than buying one.

    You two are peas in a pod.

    Hilarious stuff oh so colon!

  22. #22
    E~Pluribus Unum
    Reputation: Paul J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    if it breaks, i'll go for an ID, if it breaks i'll go for the moment. hehe, whatever...

    thx
    Hehe? So you would be willing to fork up the upgrade fee each time your frame takes a dump?

    Clueless: After the Id breaks, perhaps you should look somewhere else................

    P.S: Make sure Ellsworth sends you some customs rails: You'll need em.

  23. #23
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,692
    If you are easily worried or really put off by what you hear in terms of bikes, I would suggest that you give up riding all togther, and further to that point most certaintly not bother with a VPP bike, all I seem to hear at the moment is bushing slop, pivot issues and front mech clearance troubles.

    It sounds like your incredibly happy with your bike, just as I am with my Truth, and although some things we read can be very off putting I don't feel the need to sell my bike purely for retrospective issues that have occurred in the past. Secondly, the ID I guess could be considered as a large travel truth and I guess the 5.5 can be seen as a bigger version of the Spyder - two very similar bikes in one sense.

    If you have had no issues yourself why sell a perfectly good functioning bike. You don't decide not to travel on a plain because the exact model crashed many years ago, you probably don't decide not to drive because of the large fatalities on the roads every day so why worry about your bike now.

    Trevor!
    Trev!

  24. #24
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    your miserable sarcasm is killing you...

    i never had a problem with your or anyone else's experience. as a matter of fact i appreciate all first hand comments.

    your endless but always sour sarcasm simply takes away any worth from your sarcastic posts. why are you sarcastic? trying to be funny? maybe you think you are funny?

    i dont argue your experience with Ellsworth, i argue your and fat boy's crusade against the manufacturer. it could have been Turner or Santacruz or you name it.while you had some worthy comments based on your experience, few times you went too personal in your posts and also insulting without being provoked.

    i suppose you wouldnt care less about what i think about you, as much as i couldnt care less about what you have to say.

    we cant contribute anything to this board by arguing between two of us. ignore me and i will ignore you. you will not change your point of view, neither will i.

    take your smart ass comments somewhere else where people might think you are funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    So my experiences (note the use of the keyword "experiences") are "Ellsworth crap" because they challenge your view of Ellsworth (which is based upon ordering a bike, rather than riding one)?

    Excellent flail once again!

    What's so very funny about your comments about that steve guy is that it apparently it bothers you that he has been commenting on Ellsworth and his shady business practices without any personal experience with the bikes.

    Yet you have no experience other than buying one.

    You two are peas in a pod.

    Hilarious stuff oh so colon!

  25. #25
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    i dont think i will have any problems with the Truth.

    i didnt buy this frame without doing some homework ahead of time.

    Ellsworth bikes had some documented problems in 2001 and part of 2002. all 2003 and 2004 frames had all but minor issues, that one could have with any other manufacturer.

    so joking and arguing aside, when real trails open here in Canada on May 1st, this board will be the first to hear about my experience... i think that is fair...


    Quote Originally Posted by Paul J
    Hehe? So you would be willing to fork up the upgrade fee each time your frame takes a dump?

    Clueless: After the Id breaks, perhaps you should look somewhere else................

    P.S: Make sure Ellsworth sends you some customs rails: You'll need em.

  26. #26
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    allright fat boy

    since ignoring you didnt rid this board off your quasi-intellectual crap, the show must go on then...


    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    "ignore me and i will ignore you."

    Means you're getting frustrated with the beating you're taking for being stupid. I must remind you that you're the dupe keeping these threads at the top and made them as big and widely viewed as they are



    it is good that as many people see these threads becasue it will help them realize that your crusade is just the fruit of your attemtp to grab some attention on the internet, because you dont have it in your personal life. you had to go through different agencies to enforce the warranty on your broken Tomac, yet you dont lead any kind of crusade against Toma but against the brand you dont have any reason to. Ellsworth never denied you a warranty claim, Ellsworth never treated you bad. Tomac did, but you are keeping it quiet. Tomac probably told you that you were too heavy for the bike you broke by trying to make 2 foot drop off... go back to your books. you cant hurt yourself studying, at least not physically.



    As far as getting personal, you were the first person to begin with the personal comments that did nothing but show how much you're a failure at getting people to stray off the topic by transposing it to yourself. If anything, you made more people want to talk about it more and you've made nothing but personal comments for the last four weeks of these threads. You barely talk about EW now.

    true. just because there is nothing else to be said about EW without repeating. and it is really easy to be personal with you. just take a look at the mirror. you will have to agree with me on that one...


    " it could have been Turner or Santacruz"[/i]
    Right, but it wasn't. It was Ellsworth. Don't give anyone a reason to complain and you won't have one. He also furthered the detractors case by posting in a manner that was insulting to all of us, not only the EW owners. Because you'd follow him like a lemming into the ocean, you think he's a swell chap and don't see anything wrong.


    leave other people on this board to make their own conclusions. you have issue with me, and try to keep it between the two of us. others will come to their conclusion themselves. they dont need your help. nor mine.


    [QUOTE] Here's one of the posts where you turned it personal. I have to add you were nowhere to be found on these boards before this point.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=144 [QUOTE]

    what is your point. i admitted i was personal with you. you dont have to oversell it now. sure i was and will be personal with you. you are so easy to be personal at.


    Here you say your bike is consumable. Soda cans are consumable. I guess you're putting your Lie in the same light. Well, it's reputed to be as strong as a coke can, anyway.
    you say the Truth is as strong as a coke can? good for you. as strong as it is, it is probably stronger than your Tomac that you purchased probably after MONTHS of research and painful decision making. and it broke on you. and it probably broke on you because or YOUR mistake. otherwise, the manufacturer would have honoured their warranty as they are very reputable company and support their customers.

    lose some weight, 10 pounds is not enough, and take some riding classes. it may help.


    Lets not forget about the "creative editing" of reviews that Tony has been directly challenged to speak about and hasn't. Like I previously said, the board is only hostile if you've messed up as bad as he has.

    Here's the link to the original closed thread, for quick reference:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...worth+warranty


    is this still about Tony? i thought it was between you and I.

    however, if Tony did what you allege he did, that was a mistake. i do not approve of that.


    Furthermore, you asked me to show you where you said that you had no riding experience on your Truth and I did.
    i never ever said i had riding experience on the Truth (except few minutes on my friends Truth). i asked you to show me WHERE I WAS QUOTING MY EXPERIENCE riding the Truth. I never based my statements on any riding experience, and i stated that clearly.

    Real trails open on May 1st here in Canada. You know, we try to be environmentally conscious around here. and besides, cyclocross is incredibly fun too. cant wait May 1st though to start enjoying the Truth. i'll keep you posted.


    You responded by "threatening" to ignore me. Very laughable because if you do block me, then everyone else can still see what I'm writing about your pathetic case.
    true, i did block you hoping that if i dont talk to you, you will stop talking to me and spare this board from your stupidity. but you chose the show, and it must go on.

    you really should stick with your books, you know. and stay in school as long as you can because you are relatively safe there and you can not harm anyone else. i certainly hope your research will stay always only in experimental domain. otherwise it may become dangerous to others. although, i am sure you WILL stay in school as long as you can because you are simply worthless on the street in the real world. but fear not, internet forums are your saviour. like this one... keep posting hard.

    You still didn't comment about how you previously claimed to have all this knowledge about how the Truth and ICT is THE BEST technology, meanwhile, you haven't ridden it? Perhaps you're clairvoyant?
    that statement came from my pre-purchase research. it is based on what i could find on the internet and talking to people in the trade. i never passed it along as MY EXPERIENCE as i said many times that i didnt ride my bike on the trails yet. the trails are closed, as you know by now, until May 1st.


    Enjoy your day posting and not riding, like you constantly tell others. Maybe it's time to ride your Truth now. I just don't understand how any mountain biker can buy a bike like that and wait months to actually ride it, let alone comment on how it rides as if he knows it inside and out.
    oh thanks, you are exhibiting some care for your fellow human being. i am getting goose bumps... but thanks for asking, i did go out yesterday for a short 30 mile ride on my cyclocross bike. it was kinda cold, just bellow 0 celsius, but boy it was fun and i was able to break a good sweat... enjoying my 205 pounds and feeling good.

    you know, i understand you, i had to drop my weight from 225 pounds after i stopped competing. I was at 225 pounds in 1998 in Nagano (Japan) on my last Olympics. if your brain really is any bigger than an average pea, you may find my name on one of the official final events list. go for it and show me that you are at least partially as smart as you think you are, fat boy.
    Last edited by osokolo; 04-06-2004 at 07:20 AM.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    305

    Re: Crash's Question

    Am I the only one that tends to see a little "sarcasm" in that post?
    Or is that just my general upbeat attitude?
    If it really is a real question, consider this...

    Crash YOU weigh 150 lb, I weigh 250 with gear ( at least) and have been on the Id since late 2001 ( frame 42 I think).

    IT AIN'T BROKE YET!
    ( axels bent, wheels trashed/folded, wheel bearings warped, but no frame issues)

    I did buy the "upgrade" brake stays though... I had thought eventually I would break them because of all the crap I've seen posted, but I finally gave up and paid to have the disc only stay that provides the additional tire room for the 2.4 Muto's.

    ( And no, I don't have a problem "paying" for that upgrade.. I bought the bike as it was.. it did not fail, I wanted to change it)

    Last thought... I've seen bottle rockets stay on course when just layed down on the road better then this and a number of other Ellsworth threads, because they allways seem to become pissing matches between two of three regular posters.

    Real experiences good and bad are appreciated, sandbox comments back and forth pretty much suck.

    But maybe this is what gets some guys off...

    Ps Crash... if you were to just cave and give in to the Wuss side... it's possible that if you wanted to sell the Id and buy that wonderbike 5 _ _ _ _ , you might not get much for it now for a number of reasons.

  28. #28
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    you are already hurt mentally..

    but i have to admit, it could get worse in your case...


    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    " go back to your books. you cant hurt yourself studying, at least not physically."
    What does this mean? I could hurt myself mentally? Like i said, you seem to have something against people who do well in school and have higher aspirations than "minimum passing".



    blah, blah, blah... you are repeating yourself. is this the best comeback you have. sigh. it is pretty weak.


    And I have been vocal about my Tomac. Just drag that little pointer over to the Litespeed-Merlin-Tomac page. Do a search for "broken tomac". You'll see. More misinformation on your part.
    good for you. now if you can only get them to warranty your frame that you broke because of your mistake, life would be GRAND, wouldnt it? in the meantime, please come over to Ellsworth board and be as miserable as possible because that will make you feel better about your Tomac. heck, maybe you even forget about your Tomac for a moment or two...

    " they dont need your help. nor mine."
    Ok, then stop helping them in a horrible attempt to keep your name up on these boards. You're only publicising the questions of Ellsworth. You don't realize that it's these questions you're keeping in the forefront that is making people shy away to other brands. You have hurt EW as much as Tony has.


    bwahaha, is that all? your words have a real punch today. what happened? you switched to Vector cereal for breakfast? or you dont have breakfast at all in order to shed few more pounds... hmmm, be careful with that diet. dont hurt yourself.


    " is this still about Tony? i thought it is between you and I."
    No it IS about Tony and his business practices. YOU think it's between me and you because you take the talk about EW as a personal attack on yourself. You are trying to divert attention from EW, using yourself. Quite noble, but ineffective since these threads have been at the top for a while.


    there is nothing new to say about EW. actually, few people reported that they had really good experience with EW customer service. it is good that the manufacturer is listening to their customers. but please dont take any credits for that. when and if Tomac repairs your frame, we'll talk about Tomac then. only because you DONT HAVE ANY experience with EW customer service. not that this is a valid reason for you not to talk about it... eh?

    See, I don't mind how you constantly have to have the last word because the thread stays at the top when you do. I've even left these threads for a while and you picked someone else to go at it with. If it's not me, it's someone else.
    ah yes, it is Pete. you and Pete. what is the difference anyway? the only difference is that Pete did own EW bike. but that is about it...

    besides, due to popular demand, this show must go on... we cant allow popcorn to get cold, can we?

    And I like your name calling. Too bad you don't know that you can't hurt someone's feeling over the internet. Since you changed the focus to "you and I", perhaps you're getting upset over all this.
    you like being called fat boy? i knew that. i am probably not the first one that called you fat boy. but again, worry not. the life in science is rewarding and sometimes not that boring. just go for it...

    You also proved that you can't ignore me, as you've been claiming because you've been keeping up with my posts, quite religiously.
    my life suddenly became to slow and almost empty without you in it. i just couldnt stand the fact that i didnt argue with you every day . please forgive me for ignoring you couple of days. it will never happen again. i promise.

    This certainly is worth a chuckle. You've been suckered into keeping the threads up.
    you betcha... the pleasure is entirely mine...

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i dont argue your experience with Ellsworth, i argue your and fat boy's crusade against the manufacturer.
    What's bizarre is that you equate sharing experiences and telling the truth with a "crusade." Perhaps you feel it's a crusade because I've pointed out your idiocy time and again. That makes sense and even explains your silly posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    take your smart ass comments somewhere else where people might think you are funny.
    Awesome! I love wannabe moderators. They really make me laugh.

    p.s. Only an idiot would believe that that the Truth is as strong as the Id. Given the way you've bought into Ellsworth marketing hype (see your hilarious ICT comments), I'm not surprised that you would believe that. It's funny, but also sad at the same time.

  30. #30
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriderpro
    Am I the only one that tends to see a little "sarcasm" in that post?
    Or is that just my general upbeat attitude?
    That's what I thought originally and that is why i posted about the paper bag...

    This forum needs a name modification; "Ellsworth Passion" It's totally amazing how fired up everyone gets about these bikes.

  31. #31
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    this post is not funny either

    nor it is smart. actually, it is pretty stupid. no wait, it is oh so colon... naah, it is bizare...

    that is the width of your vocabulary. it matches the size of your brain though.

    get a life Pete. you can do beter than this... dont try to prove me wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    What's bizarre is that you equate sharing experiences and telling the truth with a "crusade." Perhaps you feel it's a crusade because I've pointed out your idiocy time and again. That makes sense and even explains your silly posts.


    Awesome! I love wannabe moderators. They really make me laugh.

    p.s. Only an idiot would believe that that the Truth is as strong as the Id. Given the way you've bought into Ellsworth marketing hype (see your hilarious ICT comments), I'm not surprised that you would believe that. It's funny, but also sad at the same time.

  32. #32
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    lets do it again...

    but this time i will type slowly, so that you can follow...


    Quote Originally Posted by steve3

    getting back to the issue, Tony told someone to modify their frame permanently and this is an irresponsible action. It's a conflict of interest because he shouldn't be telling someone to do something contrary to the guidelines of the warranty.

    This is another clear example of why people are so mad at him.
    [/b]
    TE said: "...Unofficially speaking, if you had a failure AT THAT spot--yea, it wouldn't be warranted..."

    so he is confirming the warranty statement.

    However, if you wish to proceed with brake bosses removal (after all it is your f***g bike) this is the least aggressive method: blah, blah, blah...

    what is wrong with that?

    i, though, agree that TE should not have posted that post. someone (like you) will always jump on it and make it a big issue...

  33. #33
    Not a Barry supporter.
    Reputation: Crash_FLMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,839
    Very good points indeed. I told you I was just being a wuss. I'm going to shut up, go ride and enjoy my bike as much as I have these past 11 months.

    And I didn't mean or want this to turn into another EW bashing thread. So Pete, Oskolo and all the other dweebs who constantly post negative thoughts about EW's, leave please. You are not wanted here. (Wow, that's gonna cause some flaming! )
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

  34. #34
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    ...So Pete, Oskolo and all the other dweebs who constantly post negative thoughts about EW's, leave please. You are not wanted here. (Wow, that's gonna cause some flaming! )
    Sure it's gonna cause some flaming because once again, this board is pointless if everyone just talks positive about Ellsworth bikes.

    Sure it's being taken too far in this, and other cases, but this board is for he positive and NEGATIVE experiences with the bikes--I hope that is what you mean.

    I would hate to see the Ellsworth board as a cave full of zombies...someone needs keep a torch lit here.

  35. #35
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    What's bizarre is that you equate sharing experiences and telling the truth with a "crusade."
    How is steve sharing experiences?, he has no experience w/ Ells., as far as telling the truth, I would prefer to hear the truth from someone w/ firsthand knowledge like yourself other than someone who has admited he IS on a crusade.

    steve3 quote:
    "Like I said, Tony's practices are bad for the industry and not enough people have spoken out enough to force changes."

  36. #36
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    How is steve sharing experiences?,
    I highly doubt that Pete is defending Steve

  37. #37
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    what???

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    And I didn't mean or want this to turn into another EW bashing thread. So Pete, Oskolo and all the other dweebs who constantly post negative thoughts about EW's, leave please. You are not wanted here. (Wow, that's gonna cause some flaming! )
    drop your pipe dude and read few posts before you comment on them...

  38. #38
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I highly doubt that Pete is defending Steve
    Not saying that, but he did reply to osoklo's comment about steve3 by saying sharing experiences is hardly a crusade, well, steve is on a crusade and he is not sharing experiences.

    I'm not taking sides, just pointing something out.

  39. #39
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    Pete is not defending steve

    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I highly doubt that Pete is defending Steve
    but rroeder is bringing up a good point here.

    Pete is a valid guy. he has a problem with me and by attacking me he appears to be on fat boy's side. i dont think he is on fat boy's side though.

    pete has had valid issues with EW and his experience counts. that was never in doubt.

    my argument with pete is mostly personal. has very little to do with EW.

  40. #40
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Not saying that, but he did reply to osoklo's comment about steve3 by saying sharing experiences is hardly a crusade, well, steve is on a crusade and he is not sharing experiences.

    I'm not taking sides, just pointing something out.
    Read it again. You're characterization is inaccurate.

    "i dont argue your experience with Ellsworth, i argue your and fat boy's crusade against the manufacturer. "

    Hint:

    Keyword "your"

    Good luck.

  41. #41
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    fat boy got a burner...

    teehee, good for you. hopefully you will start spending more time on the turner board. god forbid if it breaks, which is not impossible... you btoke your tomac, not that tomac is bad brand either eh?

    let other people judge who stupid is, fat boy. feel good about your bike and have fun with it... just dont stick your nose where it can get broken. you may get all the degrees in science, but on the street you are worth nothing. i am sure you know that...

    Ellsworth will get customers that they deserve. so will any other manufacturer. on every basher and negative crusader on this board there will be ten times more happy customers, and this applies to any brands.

    so our personal wars is kinda washed out already and holds only and exclusively entertaining value. other members are laughing at some of the staff and shaking heads at other stuff that we post.

    i am so happy for you that you have rode your burner more in 24 hours than i did my truth in few months. but your statement is so idiotic because i already said that trails are closed her in Ontario until May 1st, and i dont want to ride my truth on the street, like you probably did your burner...

    blah, blah, blah... i can go on and on, fat boy. just wasting the bandwidth. as long as it is fun...




    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    There are no sides here, just individuals with different purposes in mind.

    Osokolo's motive is the pride he has tied up in a bike with gang banger writing on it. I've done more riding in the less than 24 hours I've had my Burner than he has in months of having his EW.

    Like I said, there are different sides and you're trying to use some sort of retarded divide and conquer tactic that isn't working. The people opposite you are not conspiring behind your back. Everyone is posting individually. I can see a secondary motive of some is to see how stupid you really are. I know it's mine and I'm having a huge chuckle out of it. The longer this goes on, the more stupid you look.

    I've stated my reasoning quite respectfully to rroeder. Read it again. i think these practices are bad for the industry, and Tony jumped in here and insulted the intelligence of present and potential owners. And then we have you spreading misinformation. I highly doubt that Tony will give you the "token of his appreciation" which is reason enough to void the credibility many claims by posters.

  42. #42
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Read it again. You're characterization is inaccurate.

    "i dont argue your experience with Ellsworth, i argue your and fat boy's crusade against the manufacturer. "

    Hint:

    Keyword "your"

    Good luck.
    Ok, so your sharing your experiences-thank you, but steve is not.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: erol/frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    491


    "Ellsworth Passion"

    Thumbs up Lidarman.

Similar Threads

  1. Gotta love this bike...
    By MTBsSd in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 08:43 AM
  2. Gotta love Ediscount's customer service...
    By DeeEight in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 02:13 PM
  3. Not a hater ( I love Intense bikes)
    By yogreg in forum Intense
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 02:10 PM
  4. Love the bike. Hate the man.
    By sugardare in forum Ellsworth
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 01:31 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:21 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •