Brass Nipples!

Looks like Steve3 is persona non grata.

The pot stirrer Steve3 seems to have been expunged from mtbr.

I was trying to make sense of the "Are Ellsworth bikes made of Easton?" thread and there were references to posts from Steve the third that I couldn't find. I remembered that his posts were usually diatribes against Ellsworth bikes. I did a search of the archives. His name seems to only appear in other's quotations of his rants.

Kinda spooky, but I think he had it coming. I was going to look up his profile tonight to see what kind of bike he did like to ride, anyone remember?
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Brass Nipples!

I'm not the first to ask.

After I typed this, I noticed that over on the Turner board, they're asking the same question.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

sock puppet

he owns turner burner... used to own tomac

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    After I typed this, I noticed that over on the Turner board, they're asking the same question.
    but it broke on him..

Trail rider and racer
    He was removed from the forums for too many reasons all valid including hijacking threads, flaming, attacking posters etc etc.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Hey Trevor, not to interfere with the mods, but there was a thread (that Steve started) in "General" re the 4" rocker arms for Turner Burners, O2s, etc... Is there any chance that the thread could be resurrected? I only ask as that particular thread was an attempt to get a group buy going and many people had indicated that they were interested (it would be a shame to lose that information). Thanks. Take care.
    Chimay: nectar of the gods
    Macallan: sweet ambrosia

Are you talking to me?

Wow. No kidding?

He was removed? Are you serious?

He was a bit of ass at times, but he also helped to raise some interesting questions.
    gfy

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lushmd
    Hey Trevor, not to interfere with the mods, but there was a thread (that Steve started) in "General" re the 4" rocker arms for Turner Burners, O2s, etc... Is there any chance that the thread could be resurrected? I only ask as that particular thread was an attempt to get a group buy going and many people had indicated that they were interested (it would be a shame to lose that information). Thanks. Take care.
    I'll ask the powers to be about that!

Cheers
    Trevor!
    Trev!

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    He was removed? Are you serious?

He was a bit of ass at times, but he also helped to raise some interesting questions.
    No kidding, quite serious indeed.

Cant really comment on why he was removed etc since I didn't remove.
    Trev!

Jm.
    mtbr member
    not suprising, like the negative ellsworth reviews that have "dissapeared" in the past.....
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    not suprising, like the negative ellsworth reviews that have "dissapeared" in the past.....
    I'll betcha every one didn't meet the posting guidelines, e.g. only posted about customer service issues and didn't review the bike itself, provided no detail and just said it sucked, or didn't provide a valid email.

steve3 was a bellicose buttinsky begging to be banned.
    Long Live Long Rides

sock puppet

after much thought about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    He was removed from the forums for too many reasons all valid including hijacking threads, flaming, attacking posters etc etc.
    i hope steve3 was given a fair warning in the escalating manner. what didnt work for him is the fact that he was never ready to let dead issues go for some reason, when Ellsworth was in question. from that prospective, i saw this coming...

on another hand, steve3 did contribute to many forums positively and he tried to help other members... it puzzles me why he was on the crusade against Ellsworth. we all acknowledge certain problems with Ells and are more than interested in helping the manufacturer get over them, but steve3 took an exception with his Ellsworth thrashing beyond practical benefit...

i have to say though that i am a bit disappointed that steve3 was banned from the forum. i strongly believe that personal opinions must not be basis for any penalty... racism, profanity and other similar negative behaviors are something that no one would dispute. i am sure that we dont know all the details of this move nor i am necessarily interested in finding out... that is the role of moderators. i know though that the show will go on, no matter what.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I'll go out and say that while Steve went overboard on the Ellsworth comments, he also made many contributions to this board. Perhaps the powers that be would consider reinstating his membership. Is there a way that you could simply block him from posting on the ellsworth board?
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMC
    I'll go out and say that while Steve went overboard on the Ellsworth comments, he also made many contributions to this board. Perhaps the powers that be would consider reinstating his membership. Is there a way that you could simply block him from posting on the ellsworth board?
    Steve3 posted many of his diatribes on other boards, too......not just this one. Like someone else posted, I hope that he was given fair warning. If he was, and still screwed up.....Oh well. adios.

The only thing that I disagree with is the purging of all of his posts. In this case MTBR is re-writing history. I wonder if some sponsers "requested" that the posts be removed.

sock puppet

yes, good point...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Steve3 posted many of his diatribes on other boards, too......not just this one. Like someone else posted, I hope that he was given fair warning. If he was, and still screwed up.....Oh well. adios.

The only thing that I disagree with is the purging of all of his posts. In this case MTBR is re-writing history. I wonder if some sponsers "requested" that the posts be removed.
    deleting all posts is not something that i would call fair... re-writing history is exactly where it leads to... it is not good. particularly if the request came from someone outside the MTBR... but we dont know that and it is not fair to assume...

Trail rider and racer
    It may be worth raising your concerns with the powers to be -Like gregg and Fracois. They may be able to help you a bit more.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    It may be worth raising your concerns with the powers to be -Like gregg and Fracois. They may be able to help you a bit more.
    I thought that's what we were doing here. You mean they don't read EVERY post?

What's the best way to alert gregg and francois?

This isn't a big deal (except maybe to Steve3). We're just coming up with hypotheticals. I thought that you , as the moderator, would alert Gregg and / or Francois when you feel that they need to know.....imo.......OR, better yet....You find out what happened and post back here. That would make the most sense. Gregg and Francois could get innundated with posts / email, otherwise.