Build spec:
    Enve XC wheels with DT 240 hubs wrapped in Racing Ralphs
    SRAM XX-1 drivetrain
    Formula "the one" brakes
    xt pedalsLong awaited Epi 275-img_1614.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Just to ask.

Given the fact most bikers expect some years from their bikes what happens if the 275 tire standard goes bust? Will the bike still work well with 26" tires with no issues framewise? Gorgeous bike BTW, but I wonder about these "fly by night" standards with no real proven track record.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfly View Post
    Just to ask.

Given the fact most bikers expect some years from their bikes what happens if the 275 tire standard goes bust? Will the bike still work well with 26" tires with no issues framewise? Gorgeous bike BTW, but I wonder about these "fly by night" standards with no real proven track record.
    Technically you should be able to run 26 inch wheels if the 27.5 became a bust. I would argue the evidence shows the "bust" in the other direction. Many companies jumping on board with the 650b! I only see growing popularity so I feel comfortable in saying its here and going to stay.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I had the opportunity to ride the bike last weekend at Kingdom Trails VT. I am extremely impressed with the bike. Like most people claim it is an in-between ride as compared to the 26inch wheel. IMHO, it is more the decreased rolling resistance that is felt on my Epi as compared to my old 26er. The handling and agility is of no significant difference.
    The Epi climbs like a mountain goat! I didn't even change the CTD settings on the Fork/Shock. I left it on Trail the entire time. There was no perceived "bob" when pedaling up hill off the saddle.
    Down hill trails; the bike was extremely well mannered, soaked up all the bumps, and gripped extremely well.
    This is the best overall bike I have ridden to date, and I happy to say, "She's all mine...waa haa haa!" lol
    (bikes I have ridden for comparison: Ellsworth ID, Joker, Cannondale Rize, Prophet, Ibis Mojo, Mojo HD, Gary Fisher superfly, Kona stinky dee lux, satori, big kahuna, santa cruz tall boy hd, specialized epic comp, bmc trailfox, and many older 26ers not worth mentioning).