mtbr member
    Dec 2004

A little concerned with my Truth.

I have a 2001 Ellsworth Truth frame and very concerned with what I have been reading. When I first purchased the rrame, the mtbr.com posts & reviews helped me make my decision. Every time I ride the Truth, I'm worried that the thing will snap in half and I will end up killing myself. I am 230-240 lbs and am worried that the extra garbage I am carrying will do the Truth in. Besides my worries, the bike has been pretty good.

Are you talking to me?

It will not kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
    I have a 2001 Ellsworth Truth frame and very concerned with what I have been reading. When I first purchased the rrame, the mtbr.com posts & reviews helped me make my decision. Every time I ride the Truth, I'm worried that the thing will snap in half and I will end up killing myself. I am 230-240 lbs and am worried that the extra garbage I am carrying will do the Truth in. Besides my worries, the bike has been pretty good.

The breakage problem seems to be isolated to the seat tube around the welds supporting the linkage. Just keep an eye on that area, and ride on.

You seem to have a couple of choices, at least. You can continue to ride it, and if it cracks, pay for a new shock, and get the front end and the linkage under warranty.
    gfy

Rolling
    My question is this...

Why do people keep creating new accounts to troll like this? It's funny, but only in the sense it's been done so many times. This is the only serious answer, I can give to a question like this!

My non-serious answer chunky is don't worry about it. Someone your size should really just watch tv and have the Truth as a conversational piece. Some people pay way more for art that is less functional than the Truth!

Are you talking to me?

I agree.

[QUOTE=lidarman]My question is this...

Why do people keep creating new accounts to troll like this? It's funny, but only in the sense it's been done so many times. This is the only serious answer, I can give to a question like this!

QUOTE]
    I was answering on the assumption that it was a serious question.
    gfy

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    I was answering on the assumption that it was a serious question.
    I see that.

I might be wrong but seems every couple weeks some new person posts something like this. Seems too much info to be ligitimate. I think a person who it really concerned will generally:

1. Do nothing and sit at home worrying.
    2. PM or email a specific person.
    3. Ask a specific question.

This post rather, is retorical! There is no question one can simply answer that hasn't already been addressed. It appears to be motivated to raise the issue regarding rider weight and the truth.
    Last edited by lidarman; 01-02-2005 at 02:18 PM.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    II am 230-240 lbs and am worried that the extra garbage I am carrying will do the Truth in.
    what da puck u're doing riding a Truth then
    I Ride, I Know

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    what da puck u're doing riding a Truth then
    Did the line just tug!!!!

Are you talking to me?

Strong points, Lidarman.

I tip my hat in your general direction.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    To quote Harry's first defense against the dark arts teacher, Professor Quierrel (sp?):

"There's a troll in the dungeon!"

FB

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I didn't weigh as much when I purchased the Truth. No I'm a fat, lazy redneck that put on a few lbs eating ribs and washing it down with sweet tea.