Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Isis geometry

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chad1433 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have the geometery for the Isis 17" Medium size frame. I am particulayly interested in the frame angles and wheelbase. Thanks.

#2 ·
Here's a screenshot I got from www.archive.org. The stylesheet is missing, so the text isn't formatted too well, but it looks like for the 17", the wheelbase is 42.7", the head angle is 70° and the seat tube angle is 72.5°. Although, Ells doesn't specify exactly what length fork these numbers are based on. *Probably* based around a 100mm travel fork, but I'm just guessing.

By archive.org accounts, this page was captured in January '04. Not sure if Ells varied the angles for previous years.

#3 ·
Thanks a ton.

I have to put this in my "you learn something new every day" I have been on the web for years and I did not know that you could do that. Some sites give archived info but that is just great that you can look everything up.

Thanks again, now if I can find a blue frame I will be set.

#4 ·
Good luck...they stopped making those at least two or three years ago. Mine went back to Ellsworth...maybe they have some? They were supposed to donate the frames (or proceeds from the sales of?) collected from a trade in program to Katrina relief. Who knows what became of that...:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.