VooDoo user.

As if you couldn't Guess............

I ordered and just received my NEW MOMENT. Before you all tell me this thread is worthless without pictures, I'm gonna hold off until the wheels arrive (hopefully) at the end of next week.

Build spec:
    Rev 3 med MOMENT ano blue
    Pushed DHX coil
    '07 Zoke 66 ata ( fresh out of warranty )
    Industry nine enduro wheels
    Intense tires system
    Thomson stem and post
    Specalized saddle
    Fsa carbon cranks
    Hope mono minis
    XO shifters
    XO rr Deral.
    X gen fr deral
    sram 990 cassette
    sram 971 chain
    fsa carbon bar
    ruffian grips
    time atac pedals
    CK headset
    Hope seat clamp

Est weight 32#'s

Frame w/DHX air 7.6 #'s
    Frame w/DHX coil 8.4 #'s

Shock size is the same as previous years. Seatpost is still 27.2. Rear tire clearance is ample and could easly fit 2.5 tires with extra room.

Not sure if travel has increased.

By far the most B!TCHIN MOMENT YET!!!

Heading to FROOOTAHH this weekend to "POP HER CHERRY".

Forgiven
    Post those pics brrr......!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done!!

Those who skibike, know..
    Who is teasin now? Sheeeeeesh!
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

MTB SOCAL

Sweet

That looks like it's gonna be one sweet build. The Moment should be a great bike for Fruita and Moab. I can't wait to see pics.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

"Its All Good"
    Sounds like a mint mint build, enjoy that new stead..... And for sure, some pictures are needed, but you know that... Will not pull out the little graphic you are patiently waiting for..... LOL
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

VooDoo user.
    I'll try and get some pics but they would be with a borowed wheelset.

The new rear end on this thing is amazing. The rockers are beefier and the bridge (for lack of a better term) that crosses the top of the tire is stout. The ellsworth insiginia etched in is art.

Also there was no problem Mounting up the 3 yr old FSA Kforce cranks. All of you that had fittment issues can rest easy with the latest version. Looks like anything will be accomodated.

Sorry I didn't build the Trail Rogue but when I went to order, a little bird mentioned a revised Moment and that's all it took to change the order.

Full Timberrr review after fruita.

mtbr member
    This one is a contender for a second bike though the 2009 year is going to see some other potentially incredible bikes I'm interested in. Anyone know the geometry on this new Moment? Is it on the website?

Rolling
    Maybe you can scratch it up riding down Horsethief bench.

What is the BB height on this version? It looks like Ells is still doing the high BB thing.

mtbr member
    Looks like a sweet build. I want to go to fruita, however I am still stuck in iraq for another month or so. Is it so hard to put in a larger seatpost so we can all use a speedball adjustable seat post. I suppose it might mean redesigning the rocker arms witch would cause some reverse compatibility issues and then ellsworth would have to keep making parts for frames it no longer sells. Bah maybe crank bros will produce a 27.2 version.
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14
    Looks like a sweet build. I want to go to fruita, however I am still stuck in iraq for another month or so. Is it so hard to put in a larger seatpost so we can all use a speedball adjustable seat post. I suppose it might mean redesigning the rocker arms witch would cause some reverse compatibility issues and then ellsworth would have to keep making parts for frames it no longer sells. Bah maybe crank bros will produce a 27.2 version.
    Are you against the gravity dropper?

mtbr member
    Yes I am against the gravity dropper. However since I have ridden neither and have done only cursory research the only arguments I have are: 1. I don't like the silly looking dust cover 2. The speedball seems to have a better clamp and 3. I would prefer not to have a handle bar remote and I like the speed ball on post lever better. However like I said I have not ridden either of them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The seat post clamp on the Mavic speedball is terrible. I know that it was not intended for freeriding but have broken my clamp on both bikes I own with that seat post. Either way it has to be one of the greatest invention ever to come to biking. The handle bar remote is key to making the system work well. It was never nearly as enjoyable when I had to reach under the seat, particularly when approaching stunt in the trail. Next time I will try the Gravity Dropper for several reasons.

1. 4 inch travel movement compared to 3 inch with the Mavic.

2. sock covered area on seat post movement section (several times during muddy rides my Mavic it ceased up due to dirt getting stuck inside the post).

3. Clamps on the new Gravity dropper turbo seem to be much stronger than the clamps on the Mavic

4. Faster seat movement on the Gravity dropper for quicker changes

just my 2 cents

Rolling
    Yes I am against the gravity dropper. However since I have ridden neither and have done only cursory research the only arguments I have are: 1. I don't like the silly looking dust cover 2. The speedball seems to have a better clamp and 3. I would prefer not to have a handle bar remote and I like the speed ball on post lever better. However like I said I have not ridden either of them.
    I have and like the GD. I have the remote and can't imagine having to take my hand off the bar to reach below the seat to move mine in most of the situations I encounter (riding technical section where you need your post high, then quickly pop it down on a drop-in). Plus you prolly know GD makes the decender that has the knob on the post with no remote.

But hey, if you rather do without than get a GD, then I suppose that is your choice. But at least there is an adjustable post out there for 27.2 size.

Outcast
    hey bridgstone, when you are riding your gravity dropper equiped bike, you never see the rubber boot dust cover. Just a thought.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    hey bridgstone, when you are riding your gravity dropper equiped bike, you never see the rubber boot dust cover. Just a thought.
    Rumor is that it can be removed too.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Rumor is that it can be removed too.
    I did that once for a little while. Turns out, the rubber bootie isn't there just for it's good looks; it does actually keep contaminants out of the mechanism.
    I think front derailleurs are ugly, but I don't let that keep me from using one.

mtbr member
    Ride bikes??? who rides bikes I just hang mine on the wall. However you make some good points, I am off to whistler in aug and fruita in july so I may use some of my combat pay to get a gravity dropper since it seems like it could help.
    So before I completely hijack this thread let us get back to complaining that timberr has yet to post any pics.

Outcast
    Timberrr? Pffffft! He's probably on his way to Fruita right now. the kawk teaser. If he wasn't, I'd stop by his place of employment on my way home and give hime some chit!

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Timberrr? Pffffft! He's probably on his way to Fruita right now. the kawk teaser. If he wasn't, I'd stop by his place of employment on my way home and give hime some chit!
    If I catch him out there this weekend, i will take some spy pix and post them :P

VooDoo user.
    Just finished the build. (minus grips) 32.5#'s with pedals and loaner wheels. I hope the
    I9's bring it in under 32. I'll try and get some measurements off it tomorrow. (ie BBheight, ETT, wheelbase) With the 66 it does feel longer than it did on the '05. More choppered out.

My initial thought is that the new moment is embracing the FR spectrum more than previous versions. I'm not saying it's a full on FR bike. Just a little more FR friendly. Still too new to really say. Gotta git this thang to FROOOTAH!

Forgiven
    Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with you on the freeride thing. Following the trends/culture. Smart bike. Smart company.

Just came back from Sea Otter. I was blow away by how many downhillers there were. Nearly everyone in their twenties is riding a slacked out bike. Friggn cool.

The new Moment is wicked. I'm looking forward to spending time on one (It was a kiddie day). Met Rogue. The guy is chill. Timberrr I'm green with envy.....

Custom User Title
    Quick Hijack

Check out the All Mountain Post. http://precisioncyclingcomponents.com/amp.aspx

I really like mine.
    Team MOJO Wheels.