Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ID upgrading

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  teamvwracing 
#1 ·
So I have enjoyed my ID so much and feel so comfortable riding her, that I decided to give the ID a makeover. Here are pics of my progress so far. I hope you all enjoy.

Before Pics:

Tear down:

some fresh paint on rear suspension linkages:

Re-assembly:

New fork:

new wheels, rear cassette, and brakes:

front derailleur:

rear derailleur:

current pic, awaiting crank and BB so that I can route cables to derailleurs:

I need to size up the hydraulic brake lines, way too long. I will also need to dial in the suspension.
I can't wait to take her out on a "maiden" ride. Hopefully this Saturday!!!!
Let me know what you think.
Cheers:thumbsup::thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
The crank is a race face next sl. She is all assembled now. I need to upload the pics. Taking her out for a first ride in the morning!!!
Regarding the stem: I am going to ride it like this for a few rides and see how it feels. I am anticipating a change since the fork is 10mm more travel over the old fork.
Thanks for the compliment on the wheels, they are really nice pieces. The spin/roll soooo smoooth. Mavic did a niece job.

#6 ·
I am currently running a 100mm 0degree stem. I am not sure that I want more of an upright position. 70mm would be to short I think. Maybe 90 at most, with 0 degree? I am pretty comfortable in the riding position now. I tend to ride more singletrack crosscountry trails in the area that I live.

I want to ride a few more times in it's current setup. Then I would like to try the 90mm.

I wish there was an Ellsworth dealer in my area, but there isn't. :bluefrown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.