mtbr member
    Sep 2004

ID shock question - rebuild, Push, or Cloud9

I have 04 ID with a now played out Fox FloatR. I ride mostly XC to All mt (3-3.5 ft drop max)
    I have 3 choices for my shock
    1. Have the FloatR rebuilt. Cost??
    2. Send the FloatR to Push Industries for their rebuild with custom tuning and stable platform. cost $150 (I think)
    3. Or change from the Float to Cane Creek Cloud9 for $225 (Normally 325 but I have an AD12 I can get $100 rebate for it)

I know how the stock FloatR works on the ID. Does anyone have experience with a Pushed Float on the ID? Is it worth the $$.
    Does anyone have experience with the Cloud9 on the ID? The only reason I am entertaining the thought of buying the C9 is reliability and easy/cost of rebuild.

Thanks for the help.

Time is not a road.
    Anytime you can get your bike custom tuned to you, you should do that. Unless your Float is damaged in some way, I'd say even a rebuild is sufficient, though I'd go ahead and let Push do it. You don't necessarily have to have the custom platform option, they can do basic rebuilds as well. It's listed on their website.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm with Chad, any time you can get custom tuning that's a plus. I'm running a RP23 on mine and while it's really, really nice, some custom tuning would be great. It's only $55 more over the rebuild so I'd do that.

mtbr member
    Go with Push. Here's a review...

Push'd Id w/increased stroke
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I'm going with Push.
    It was almost a no brainer, I guess I was just getting a gut check.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

another option..

Velocycle.com, a Quebec Canada company that just recently stopped being the major Fox service center in Canada is blowing out all of their old stock.
    RP3 and RP23's are going for 249 to 299$ CAD, they also have many other fox products that they have set up for final sale.....

Not pushing their company, i have actually recently had some less than stellar dealings with them (in terms of service of a FOX fork), but if you are int he market and know what you want....

cheers, thumb