mtbr member

New question here. Id rear tire fit question

Anyone try mounting a Panaracer FR 2.4 on the back of an Id? If so, does it fit?

Thanks

mtbr member

Or how about a Maxxis Mobster/High Roller 2.35?

BTW, got the first question answered here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...38788#poststop

Drugstore Trailrider
    Quote Originally Posted by vibiker
    Anyone try mounting a Panaracer FR 2.4 on the back of an Id? If so, does it fit?

Thanks
    I have the Panaracer FR 2.4 on an Intense, and there is no way it would fit on my Id. On my Id I am currently using a Geax Sturdy 2.25 and it comes within a mm or two of rubbing the chain stays.

There was a thread about this issue several months ago, you might try to search for it. I can't understand why Ellsworth made a free-ride bike that has such limited space for the rear tire.

John
    Body Armor--Don't Leave Home Without It!

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn
    I have the Panaracer FR 2.4 on an Intense, and there is no way it would fit on my Id. On my Id I am currently using a Geax Sturdy 2.25 and it comes within a mm or two of rubbing the chain stays.

There was a thread about this issue several months ago, you might try to search for it. I can't understand why Ellsworth made a free-ride bike that has such limited space for the rear tire.

John
    The ID is not actually a FR bike. But i do have a Conti vertical pro 2.3 (which is the carcus not the knob with) and I have plenty of room (1/4 in around). If the Panaracer is measured to the outside of the knobs you might be ok. you might still have some rub until the knobs get worn down.
    My ID is an '02 I dont know if the clearance has changed through the years.

Ologist
    I put a Wierwolf 2.5 on the back with low pressure and didn't find any rubbing - clearance was minimal. I did replace it with a 2.3 though.

mtbr member

Fyi

For anyone else interested, I ended up putting an IRC Kujo DH 2.35 and it worked great. A very slight amount of rubbing on the edge of the front derailuer when in the small chain ring. The big red sidewalls look kind of ugly, but oh well.

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla
    I put a Wierwolf 2.5 on the back with low pressure and didn't find any rubbing - clearance was minimal. I did replace it with a 2.3 though.
    The 2.3 is what is going on my bike and I will keep the 2.5 on front. I am not going to reverse the direction like some do.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Tire Fit for Id

I've run 2.3 Conti and 2.4 WTB Mutos, both are close but stay away from mud with either one.
    Another local rider uses the 2.4 you asked about but those are real close, he went back to the 2.1 Fire XC for the rear.

dan996tt

Rear Tire Fit - ID

Anyone here fit a Kenda Nevagul 2.35 on the back of an ID?

After speaking to a few members on this board, I am interested in going with a Kenda BG/Nevagul combo, with BG 2.1 F / Nevagul 2.35 R. Anybody recommed against this setup?

Thanks,
    Dan

mtbr member

nevegal/ID

i run my ID for most situations with a WTB Timberwolf 2.5 DH casing, up front and a Mutano 2.35 in the back...unless I'm gonna do a lot of climbing, then I put Mutanos front and rear. I just rode Downieville last Saturday with it in the latter setup and it was s-k-e-t-c-h-y on the more technical downhill sections. I would have LOVED to have had that Twolf on there.

However, I had a Nevegal on the rear and the bike handled absolutely awesome with that tire. Waaaaay better handling on the DH than the Mutano, but DAMN slow rolling on the climbs...very noticable (Of course, that Timberwolf up front ain't exactly light or fast rolling ) Only problem...it rubbed the chainstay yoke...quite a bit, depending on psi in the tire. That would be my perfect setup though if it didn't - Twolf up front, Nevegal in rear....that Kenda is an awesome tire for the trails here in NorCal
    "Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller