mtbr member
    Feb 2006

How many rocker failures on Epiphany's ?

How many people have broken the rockers on there Epi's ?

I know one person that has - just wondered whether its a big problem or not,

thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by justa
    How many people have broken the rockers on there Epi's ?

I know one person that has - just wondered whether its a big problem or not,

thanks
    I didn't...but upgraded to the beefier alum. version anyway.

I beat the orignal Magnesium rocker pretty hard for the first year, with Zero probs. but didn't want to take any chances and also wanted the piece of mind. Ells did the swap for me hassle free and also free of charge.
    Last edited by RACERX70; 12-23-2007 at 05:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I got my one broken before and got replaced. The broken one was replaced before becos of corrosive problem too.

The sole agent here in Hong Kong, said several epithany rocker had been replaced. And claimed that epithany users, just like me, riding it without "care"!!!!!!!!!, and the ride is not designed go for big!!!!!!!!!...

But i think.......... need to ride with extra care on a bike frame over $1500??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?

then why don';t i go back to some taiwan bikes just cos few hundred bucks................

And the guy of the sole agent said the bike is not designed for going some big drop........but my setup is something more than XC.......crosmax wheels, carbon stuffs...etc.........

sign.....................

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Broke my Mag rocker too I'm afraid. The issue of broken rockers has been quiet on here for a while, I was aware of the problems (corrosion/ cracking) with the Mag rockers before I purchased my Epi a year ago - However, I was still a bit surprised when my rocker snapped in the same place that others have posted up on here. Surprised because mine was a later serial numbered rocker that I thought would be ok, and I am light at 150lbs, I ride it like it should be ridden - on rocky technical trails, sometimes small jumps but nothing stupid.

I didn't make a fuss about it on here, as to be honest the customer service from the UK importer was first rate - and they sent me a new stronger Alu rocker within a few days which they assured me would not break. I like the bike and there is nothing on the market which I would rather have.

But- I wish they hadn't made the rocker out of magnesium in the first place, the alu version is 150g heavier but not noticable - and they could have lowered the cost of the bike. Now I have a small nugget of doubt that the bike is not built as strong as it should be, and although it rides superbly I'm checking it often for cracks - If i think too much about this I would admit I'm a bit miffed, It would be nicer if Ells was more upfont and honest about the problems they've had. They should look carefully at how D.Turner handles problems with his bikes (plenty of Turners break too! but homers seem happier and more loyal despite probs). I won't be buying another Ells.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    oh....hmm.........its surprising me that the roker arm also broken by light weight rider. it was do some design problem of the bike........(every user got broken on the same position, Ells didnt carry out enought testing of the bike???? sign..............)

thought the performance of the bike is great....but the problem really made me so disappointed which ellsworht was my dream bike before........

my sole agent just replaced my one with another mg rocker, and didnt mention any option to replace with a Aluminium one...........