mtbr member
    Jul 2006

How do you all move your bikes?

I recently bought a 2007 Truth and built it up and now found myself a new problem, my Saris hitch rack is too wide to carry it to the trails. What hitch racks do you all have that is small enough and good enough to carry your Ellsworths?

I know there is a forum dedicated to this kind of thing but not all racks will work and I would like to just order one, seeing as my area is lacking in bike gear.

thanks to all the help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Most of my riding friends are using the Thule T2. It is one of the better ones I have used but a bit pricey. They bought the design from Sportworks if you can find an older one(they used to be about $100) and put the Thule name on it and now charge $350, but it is nice and sturdy. Make sure to get the locking pin for your car hitch as it makes it much more stable

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    My Saris was pretty expensive at about 250 or so for a two bike. I am going to get a four bike hookup with whatever the new one is going to be anyway, but I just needed to be sure which one will fit my Truth too.

Rolling
    Ride from home.

But when you have to drive, Thule T2 hands down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I am about 15 to 20 miles from the nearest crappy trail and about 140 miles from the nearest decent trail, so riding from home is kind of out of the question. I might have to check out the T2.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thule does make an attachment that will allow you to add 2 more bikes for the total of 4 you are looking to get. REI has a 20% coupon right now for members which would save quite a bit of $$ if you have one in your area

Rolling
    The only problem with the T2 is you need a tail hitch.

That's a few more hundred dollars to install and if you need to get the 1.5 version, you can't add the 4-bike attachment to it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    T2 here. Had a problem with a previous rack so I traded it in for a T2 and would never go back no matter the cost. My buddy has a roof rack and it is a pain compared to the T2 out back.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

http://blog.cyclng.com/

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushman
    Most of my riding friends are using the Thule T2. It is one of the better ones I have used but a bit pricey. They bought the design from Sportworks if you can find an older one(they used to be about $100) and put the Thule name on it and now charge $350, but it is nice and sturdy. Make sure to get the locking pin for your car hitch as it makes it much more stable
    That's not entirely true. I have a Sportworks rack that's about 4 years old (just before they were sold to Thule) and it still cost over $300 at the time. But, it's a great rack. If you can find a Sportworks or Thule T2 rack - go for it. Literally, it takes about 10 seconds to mount the bike on the rack.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03