mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Has anyone had problems w/ the 04-05 Truth

I am wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the 04-05 EW Truths. I am considering an order but have to wonder if people are still having issues since the big change for 04. Thank you in advance

Brass Nipples!

One vote for "no problems."

My wife's bike has worked great with no issues at all. She hasn't ridden it too much yet.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member

Good job!

Well, I've thrashed mine for about 2 months now and I absolutly love it. I rode several bikes, (used to work for a big Santa Cruz dealer), and came back to the Truth. After it's set up properly, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. It is a XC bike, and should not be ridden like a freeride bike (get the Moment if you're in between).

With all the bikes out now, I don't think you can really go wrong unless you're a nit-pickey wanna-be that blames all of your short-comings on the bikes design. Check them all out and see what fits your needs. And beware not to be drawn into Ellsworth's superb craftsmanship and attention to detail........ cause it's total bike p0rn.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    No problems whatsoever after 3 months.

I perhaps regret having chosen an 80mm fork rather than a 100. Cant blame the manufacturer for that.

Noc

sock puppet

nope... it is solid...

Quote Originally Posted by soh316
    I am wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the 04-05 EW Truths. I am considering an order but have to wonder if people are still having issues since the big change for 04. Thank you in advance
    at 205 pounds i did have some concerns, but no more.. after 4 months of hard riding, it has been nothing but fun...

i am even using 5th element rear shock... as someone said, when properly setup and used for it's intended application - this bike is great...

currently awaiting the start of the 24 hours of adrenaline in Whistler, BC...