mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Has anybody put a 888 on their Rogue?

I just bought a 2007 888 SL for my Rogue and my head tube, with headset, won't allow the top crown to get onto the fork legs. I can buy a drop top crown for another hundred bucks, but I already have spent a pretty penny on this fork. Any suggestions?

Time is not a road.
    Check it:

Rogue and the 2007 Marzocchi 888Rc2x?

well, actually, this thread doesn't help...

Anyone else?

Looking at that Boxxer, it looks like you need a crown that drops significantly. The other crown should have some value to someone though. Don't you think you could trade or sell it?
    Last edited by chad1433; 01-12-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by powfiend
    I just bought a 2007 888 SL for my Rogue and my head tube, with headset, won't allow the top crown to get onto the fork legs. I can buy a drop top crown for another hundred bucks, but I already have spent a pretty penny on this fork. Any suggestions?
    You spent what on the frame, and what on the 888? I think you gotta fork over the little extra money to make it work.

Unless you can get a lower profile headset, but then headsets aren't free.

The only other solution I can imagine is to somehow decreasing the travel inside the fork, then lowering the lower crown to make it work. I have no idea if it can be done or how to do it though.

Just another FOCer
    Mondo at The Path may be able answer your questions.

The first production Rogue that The Path built had a 2006 888 RC2X on it:

I believe Nathan runs a 2005 888 RC on his:

Good luck.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

Team Sanchez
    The problem may lie in the length of the headtube. I know the Large is .5 inches longer than the Small.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    My Rogue is the large with the 5.5 inch headtube. I suppose will need to just go ahead and by an 04-05 888 crown. The 888 SL looks awesome and is hella light. I look forward to raising my bottom bracket. I am running an 06 66 right now and find that I clip rocks quite a bit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Let me know how that 888 works out for you. I have an 06 66SL on mine that I'm not all that happy with, so I was thinking of going with a Totem coil, but the 888SL does look pretty cool, and I think it weighs about the same.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer299
    Let me know how that 888 works out for you. I have an 06 66SL on mine that I'm not all that happy with, so I was thinking of going with a Totem coil, but the 888SL does look pretty cool, and I think it weighs about the same.
    What about the fox 40? Very nice fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The 66 I have now is the Light - coil in one leg, air in the other. I love it, wished it was 20mm longer. The 888SL is the lightest triple crown on the market right now - lighter than the Fox 40 - and it has adjustable travel.

El Malo
    As we know, the rear ends are pretty much the same, and although I haven't compared the specs between the front triangle of the Rogue and the '05 Dare I am curious to know if those of you running the '06 66Light or RC2X have restricted bar movement due to the corner of the crown on the fork barely clipping the down tube.
    In my case, I am not able to do Xups or bar spins due to the crown/downtube interference on my Dare... Anyone ?

Aside from this discrepancy, I'll have to say that I absolutely love the 66L on that bike. There's no place it won't take me.
    "... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - "