banned
    Mar 2005

Good price for a Moment?

Being in Canada I'm not up on U.S. prices...but very tempted to order one of these...beats everyone up here, but is it a good price in the American market?

thanks

http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...OD&ProdID=1282

[SIZE="3"]Ellsworth Moment All-Mountain Custom Bike [/SIZE]

Price $3,295.00 (about 3900.00 CAD)

Frame Ellsworth Moment w/ choice of Fox DHX 5.0 Coil or Air Rear Shock. Annodized Black, Grey or Blue. 15,17,19in.

Fork '05 Manitou Nixon Super Plus w/ SPVE, 145mm Travel, Standard QR, Black.

Headset Cane Creek S2 Cartridge Headset, Black

Stem Race Face Deus (25.4 x 100 x 6D). Black Stem

Handlebar Race Face Deus Low Riser Bar, 25.4mm Clamp, 1" Rise, Black

Seatpost Thomson Elite Mountain Seatpost. 27.2 x 330mm. Black

Saddle THE Mountain Cross Saddle. Black

Grips ODI Ruffian Clamp-On Grips w/ Clamps and Bar Plug. Black

Crankset/BB Race Face Atlas X-Type Crankset and Bottom Bracket, 175mm. 44/32/22. Black

Chain Sram PC-991 Mountain Chain

Cassette Sram PG-970 9-Speed Mountain Cassette. 11-34

Rear Der. '07 Sram X9 Rear Der. 9-Speed, Long Cage

Front Der. '07 Sram X7 9-Speed. High Clamp, Dual Pull

Shifters '07 Sram X9 9-Speed Trigger Shifters

Front Brk. '06 Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic Disc Brake w/ 185mm Rotor

Rear Brk. '06 Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic Disc Brake w/ 185mm Rotor

Brk. Levers Avid "

Wheels *Magura Comp Disc wheels, 32 hole, Black

Tires/Tubes (2) WTB Mutano Raptor Race, 26 x 2.24 w/ WTB Inner Tubes, Presta.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amphibious Technologies
    Call The Path and ask for Tani or Mondo, he should be able to hook you up with a nicely spec'd Moment at a very reasonable price. 714-669-0784
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 02-21-2007 at 04:24 PM.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

keepin' it rural

i bought this build...

i bought a moment from them last august, this exact same build, except they let me upgrade the fork to a Pike 454 and the wheels to accommodate the maxle and switch out the seat.

the price was $3490 US but i had a $100 coupon for test riding one with their road team and an additional $100 off because a coworker of mine ordered one at the same time, so i only paid $3290 shipped. they were really cool about everything. they sent pics of the bike as they were building it too, i highly recommend their shop...oh yeah and dont forget the free t-shirt!

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by summud
    i bought a moment from them last august, this exact same build, except they let me upgrade the fork to a Pike 454 and the wheels to accommodate the maxle and switch out the seat.

the price was $3490 US but i had a $100 coupon for test riding one with their road team and an additional $100 off because a coworker of mine ordered one at the same time, so i only paid $3290 shipped. they were really cool about everything. they sent pics of the bike as they were building it too, i highly recommend their shop...oh yeah and dont forget the free t-shirt!
    WOW...you realize that this build would be over 6000.00 CAD in Canada...my 2004 Id with an XT/Vanilla build was tagged at 5999.00 CAD

may be time to talk with the wifey

Time is not a road.
    Yeah, that's a pretty good price. Beyond Bikes offers a $700 credit on the Moment frames, so let's say you got a fork and maybe some wheels, you still be talking another grand or so to fully build it getting you in the $3200 range (conservatively). Ellsworth might still offer you $700 on trade for your Id, if you're selling or moving that frame. This is how I got mine from Mondo at the Path. Used parts from the old frame to complete the new one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

swap the fork

Itís a pretty solid build, except for the fork. Greenfish has the 06 Marz All Mountain 1 on sale and itíll be a better match for the Moment. I just bought an Intense 5.5 frame with the Marz fork from Greenfish and they gave me a great deal on the package, much cheaper price than buying the frame and fork individually. Call them up and see what they can do for you.

Hooray Beer!
    swap out that fork. maybe RS Pike or even Marz 66 (although 66 may be too high and mess with head angle???)
    Last edited by kid A; 02-22-2007 at 04:15 PM.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Thanks again...next steps is to see who ships to Canada, and the duty/tax implications