Thread: Fun on the Epi

mtbr member

Fun on the Epi

Thought I´d share this with yáll.

Went to Cwmcarn in Wales yesterday where as well as their excellent singletrack they have a downhill section and a new freeride area.

Thought I´d lower the seat and try the drops in the freeride area, where their are three to choose from. Had never tried dops before so started on the smallest. They all go to a steep transition.

Tried to wheelie/bunny hop as I approached the edge and landed with the back wheel way before the front. Luckily didn´t stack though.

So tried again with more of a push and lean back take off. Landed perfectly with both wheels touching down at the same time. Repeated a few times and progressed to the middle height drop for more of the same. Did not make it to the large one but I´m confident I will nail it on the next visit. I didn´t take any photos but attached are some pics of the same drops that I found on the web.

Returned to base via the downhill section but just rolling the jumps. Hope to be able to go a bit more balls out with practice.

Noticed the benefits of lowering and raising the saddle and have been thinking of getting a GD seatpost. Shame the Maverick doesn´t fit as it just looks a lot less home made than the GD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice one. Could do with enlarging them pics though!
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]