mtbr member
    Jan 2004

fox rp 23 or MC 3.3

gonna get a new epiphany. test drove one with the rock shock and liked it okay. any thoughts on the differences between the two shocks. like to hear from somone who rode both.

Thanks

sxconway@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Mc 3.3

good luck finding someone who has ridden both, at least for anyting more than a demo.

the MC 3.3 gets terrible reviews on MTBR.com, however if you search this forum you will find numerous posts by me on the shock, and so far its all positive. I especially like the large air chamber and the much lower pressures that are required. I also like that it can be run 'right side up' with no compromises. Still the RP23 is definitely the industry standard and generally gets awesome reviews. If i had the choice, all things being equal, i would prolly follow the masses and get the Fox.

one more thing, I talked to Kurt@Ellsworth on the phone last week, and got the impression from him that generally the Ellsworth employees who own Epis really like the MC 3.3 and that the main reason for them pushing the Fox shocks is because of their ongoing business relatioship with Fox, not necessarily because they produce a superior product.

Thumb