Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fork Length for my Moment SST1.0

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Nsynk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone ,i been using 140 mm talas for my moment sst1 for the pass 1.5 years. Facing the front dive in effect a few times so looking to upgrade to 36mm fork,

Looking a Van 36 , so need your inputs on 160 VS 180 mm. Thru the Ellsworth page i found that the recommended length is 160mm. Any experience on 180mm?

See less See more
#2 ·
I had an sst1 Moment. Iwas running it with a fox 36 talas . it felt best when in the 130mm position, at 160mm the BB was too highand thefront too high too. It was nice when trucking straight down a rock strewn boulder field and was stable at speed but ultimately I decided it was compromised in handling so left it mainly in 130mm.
I also am a firm believer in balanced suspension. so with 152 (157 actually on the sst2 if you could get full travel out of the shock) so my recommendation would be a rockshox revelation 150. it is a fantastic fork.

I sold my moment bought an sst2 epi and upped the rear travel to 150mm and specced a rev. it's superb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.