mtbr member

Fork for Ellsworth Truth

I am looking to replace the 100mm sid fork on my 2000 Truth that I am rebuilding. I would like 120-130mm of plush travel. I am kind of an AM rider so changing the geometry with the extra travel is comfortable for me. I was looking at a 120mm Reba dual air in the classifieds that looks promising. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    I am sure you will get a couple of people telling you this, but more then 100mm travel fork is going to put a lot of pressure on your headtube. That being sad, the maverick sc32 is a 125mm fork and it has a pretty short axle to crown. I think I would look at that one.
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've had a 130mm Revelation on mine since day 1. I have never had any issues with it. Makes for a much softer ride on the steeps.

mtbr member
    Cool, I just bought a 130mm Fox float from the classifieds. Once my caliper adapter shows up I'll try it out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I would definitely keep an eye on the frame. While servicing my fork, I increased the travel from 100mm to 130mm. Loved how the bike decended, but it wasn't long before ( 1 season) I cracked the top tube/headtube junction.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Ellsworth sold me the bike that way so I'm assuming I wont have any issues with 130mm. So far so good. The bike takes a beating and has held up pretty well.

mtbr member
    I really like the 130mm forks. The bike handles great and is nice and plush. I bought this bike and started the rebuild just before Christmas. I have been on the phone with the guys at Ellsworth a bunch of times now. They have been great. I have new head badge, and the correct frame decals, made in USA badge. They even kicked me down a bunch of the Truth decals in case the adhesive was bad from being a dozen years old. Once I get the rear shock squared away I'll post a pic. The fresh anodizing looks great.