Thread: Farewell Moment

Brass Nipples!

Farewell Moment

I finally sold my Moment (still have the Epiphany). What a great bike it's been. I have a little seller's remorse, but with the lighter Epi and a heavier Six Pack I really didn't need this bike. I used the Steelset (couldn't get it out), 36 TALAS and a left over Control Tech post and WTB saddle, but the rest of the parts are new. Here's the build:

WTB Laser V saddle, WTB bar, stem, hubs, grips, tires, SpeedDisc Trail rims, DT spokes.
    XT cranks, shifters, cassette and front derailleur, XTR rear der.
    Juicy 7 brakes with 7" front and 6" rear (perfect sizes for this bike imo).

The buyer is coming off a hardtail. This will be a huge step up for him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Hooray Beer!
    she's a beauty and am sure will be missed. just don't let your post count and RR's go down now that you have 1 less Ells in stable
    Last edited by kid A; 12-27-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Time is not a road.
    Wow that bike looks brand new. Don't be a stranger, I'm sure there's plenty of folks with Epi questions!

VooDoo user.
    So why did you sell the moment over the 6 pk? Is the 6 pk tnt or HL?

Just curious.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    So why did you sell the moment over the 6 pk? Is the 6 pk tnt or HL?

Just curious.
    I have the HL 6 Pack. The path to my current quiver is long and convoluted, but I'll try to give a Reader's Digest version.

My first "superbike" was a Turner RFX, the original 5 incher with geometry very much like a 5 Spot. I added an O2 (3") and was happy, but after an injury I was unable to ride for almost 3 months. Friends were needing bikes, so I sold both of mine. When I could ride again, I bought a SC Blur and the Moment as replacements. I never really liked the Blur, but I loved the Moment.

As time went on, I made the Moment heavier and heavier and realized I really wanted a bike to replace the Blur that rode more like a lightweight Moment. The Epiphany filled the bill for the lighter bike, but then the Moment seemed a little too similar to it. The 6 Pack was, in my mind, a little burlier and more oriented for aggressive riding, and complemented the Epiphany better than the Moment. In practice, both the Moment and Pack are sturdy enough for me. I haven't been able to exceed the capabilites of either.

In my mind, the 5 Spot and the Moment are the "sweet spot" bikes for me. If I only had one bike, it would probably be one of those two. Since I'm lucky enough to have two, I bracketed that sweet spot.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Hooray Beer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    but after an injury I was unable to ride for almost 3 months. Friends were needing bikes, so I sold both of mine.
    you sold your rigs cause you were off bike for a few months? damn, i have similar injury time line (3 month no riding) and ended up getting another bike while on the DL!. in fact heading back to surgeon just after new years to see if I finally get green light to ride dirt (and press for okay to snowboard).

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by kid A
    you sold your rigs cause you were off bike for a few months? damn, i have similar injury time line (3 month no riding) and ended up getting another bike while on the DL!. in fact heading back to surgeon just after new years to see if I finally get green light to ride dirt (and press for okay to snowboard).
    I knew I was going to be back on a bike sooner or later (I still had several other bikes, too), but in the meanwhile the bikes ended up being a race steed for the 24 hours of Moab for one person and a Christmas present for another hard-to-buy-for friend. I was glad to share the stoke when I couldn't ride.

Hooray Beer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    and a Christmas present for another hard-to-buy-for friend.
    very nice gift. btw- if you need another friend i am available

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kid A
    she's a beauty and am sure will be missed. just don't let your post count and RR's go down now that you have 1 less Ells in stable
    True dat Bob. I've always enjoyed reading your ride reports since they're accompanied by photos. Keep posting your reports Bob, it's always nice to see different terrain compared to where I live.