mtbr member

Evolve setup database; Is there one? (Post up your pics!)

Any pics of evolves, hopefully in medium frame size? Tire cleavage, er clearance, appreciated.

Didn't see a setup database in Trailadvent's sticky post...maybe I missed it?

...seems the evolve is a mysterious creature that cannot easily be captured on film

Silver bullet

See this post

Evolve...Ellsworth #3

I posted this a while ago. Since then the snow is gone and I have some good rides on it. I think I have the suspension tweaked and the thing is amazingly stable. Climbs great, it surprises me on the way it sticks on corners that are tight, technical and steep. Rolls over rock gardens pretty stable without any flex.
    I can ride anything XC style with this bike that I can ride with my Moment.
    I have Maxxis Ignitors on it and I'd like to find something that will stick better on steep rock climbs and off camber rocks. On my 26" bikes I like the Kenda Blue Groove Stick Es but they aren't available in 29"...yet.

As far as for tire clearance, are you talking toe overlap? If that's what you're referring to...there is no overlap. On my medium frame I have about 2 inches of clearance.

The past 6 or 8 rides I've ridden the Evolve and have gotten pretty comfortable on it. Tonight I plan on taking my Moment out. I want to see the difference between them. It'll be interesting. In any case, I don't think I'll be posting either one in the classifieds.