mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Evolve model year changes? Concerns?

Evolve riders please help. I demo'd an Evolve and quite liked it but can't afford a new one. I might try buying a used one. There are several mediums in the classifieds. What significant changes have occurred in the last five years or so? I know the SST made it a litttle lighter. Has geometry changed? Tire clearance improved? Any specific concerns with older (2007 - 08) Evolves - rocker issues? Frame breakage? This would be my first 29er coming from a SC Superlight and riding mostly flowing cross country with lots of long climbs. I searched several different ways but as far as I can tell people seem happy with this frame regardless of the year. Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    KMalo,

It doesn't look like this thread got much attention, which is too bad because it would definitely be useful information. I am also looking at the Evolve models and I have been reading a lot of forums and old press releases. I can't find much on problems with the Evolve, however, I did find that the only major changes were to the 2010 and 2011 models. 2010 brought SST1 and 2011 brought SST2 and some design changes to the seat tube, neck, and gave it a bit more stand-over height. The 2011 definitely has smoother lines and I think a much cleaner look. I hope this helps and maybe someone a bit more knowledgable can add some more details and opinions of year changes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Evolve

I have ridden the Evolution as a demo 3 times so far and have ordered one, The Ellsworth is truly amazing. I will never feel the same about my 26r after this
    Mike

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

sultan or evolution

how does the 5 inch evolve compare to the turner sultan
    Last edited by trlrdr; 08-08-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: title
    trlridr

mtbr member
    I saw non-sst evolves (size XL only) of BonkTown a few evenings ago ... 50% off only $2,100.

Of course, wholesaling like this kills the prospects of getting any kind of reasonable price for your used rig...

SPP
    Rigid.