mtbr member

Evolve Carbon purchase

A few Evolve carbon questions:

Was there really a $500.00 price increase over last year? Why?

Any current owner incentives?

Is there a clean way to run the cables outside the frame?

Thanks. There seem to be no knowledgeable dealers in Atlanta, and I can't reach anyone at Ellsworth (several emails and phone messages have gone unanswered).

mtbr member
    The Ellsworth forum needs to be accompanied with the sound of crickets. Where is everybody?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yeah - this forum has kind of dried up. Ellsworth did raise their prices this year - not sure why. Speaking as a long time Ellsworth rider, I feel they're at risk of pricing themselves out of the market. Their alloy frames are priced at a similar level to competitor's carbon offers, and their carbon stuff carries a significant premium. Great riding bikes, but hard to understand the business model right now.

On the carbon evolve, contact Wes at Pinkgorilla (www.pinkgorillabicycles.com |) - he's sold a few through the shop, and can provide details you're looking for. He can probably help claw back some of that price increase, too.

LBS Manager
    There is really no clean way to run the cables on the outside of the frame but I can see no reason you would want to. The internal cable routing is really easy to do and keeps your cables cleaner. I ran one set of cables all last season and Nov of the previous one. Ellsworth did increase their price alot this, year I don't understand why. As for the performance of the bike its near perfect I just wish they would have put water bottle mounts inside the front triangle like the absolute truth.

mtbr member
    So the Evolve Carbon is over $3500. 00 Frame and shock
    The Absolute truth (Carbon) is over $3,600.00 Frame and Shock
    and The Epiphany Carbon is over $3500.00 frame and shock.
    These prices are a great deal more than similar carbon offerings by Turner, Santa Cruz, Ibis, and the like. Is it worth it? I really enjoyed my 2011 Aluminum Evolve, and I'm a fan of ICT, but I don't get why the prices have shot up so much in just a year. Last year the Evolve C was under 3k. If someone from Ellsworth or with knowledge of their products could explain the 20% price increase that would help. Are the bikes 20% better? Is it nicer material? No one I've contacted at Ellsworth can give me an answer.

Also, I'm hearing a lot of chatter concerning Ellsworth as a company that has lost their way, gives poor customer service, and is experiencing more than their fair share of frame failures. I'm not trying to spread unfounded rumors. As I said I love my Evolve, but I'm in the market for a new ride and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a new Evolve, or Epiphany based upon what I'm hearing. Anyone have any input?
    Thanks