Thread: Evolution

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Evolution

Starting a new thread on Evolution line.

To start of, was wondering if anyone has config'd their Evolutions with 140mm fork?

I am looking for more insights on rather to go with

1. 32 TALAS 29 120 FIT CTD Remote
    or
    2. 34 TALAS 29 140 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust

I see that Evolution is rated as a 120mm travel bike...BUT will the 140mm add/ take away from the bike?

Let me know. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I am using a 140 mm RS Reba with 20 mm maxle lite. Feels just right for this bike. Well balanced.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i started off with a talas 120, 95. i feel that there is no reason to ever drop the front below 120, the bike never wandered at that setting even with the steepest climbs,,,,i'm currently running a coil u-turn at 140-120 which is perfect imo. i like to dial it down to 120 for those long and extended steep climbs. other than that, i leave it at 140, which i have to agree,, feels well balanced.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm running a Reba 120mm but thinking of upgrading to a Rev 140, mainly for the bigger tyre clearance. 140mm should help slacken the HT angle a bit, which can't hurt it at 72*, I'm also thinking of some offset bushes to lower and slacken it, just to see how it handles on the rougher stuff. There are a few people running 140mm with good results I believe.

The problem with this is people start comparing the Evolution with things like the TB LT and longer travel AM bikes, I think of mine as an effecient all day trail bike with "longer legs" to smooth out the trail, the geometry is totally different to the other new breed of "hardcore" bikes about. It's still awesome though!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm going with a 34 talas 140 and a canecreek angleset to subtract 1.5* of HTA
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes