Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Epiphany weight

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Nsynk 
#1 ·
Can those of you who own Epiphanys tell me what they weigh with all stuff on, pedals, etc? I don't need exact details of complete set up, just ball park like "all XTR" or whatever.

I'm comparing to a Mach 429 which weighs 27-29 lbs.

#3 ·
Mine is specced with sensible trail bike parts such as Easton haven bars and stem , Mavic crossmax st wheels, gravity dropper post, maxxis hgh roller lusts. It weighs 26.5lb. I can't really see anywhere I could save much weight without compromising performance and durability.

#8 ·
Bridgestone, thanks for the clarification on second post. Your first one got me really confused. Especially since I'm torn between buying an evolve or the Epi. My only bike is a 29er hardtail and always rode FS 26er's so was looking to upgrade to a FS 29er. The thing is that a FS 29er really jacks up the weight so I was opting to go back to a full 26er and what better option than the much hyped Epi. Any thoughts?? BTW, I'm very open minded and don't believe in the "once you go 29er, you never go back" I'll be happy riding either I'm sure, but a little help from fellow riders deciding isn't a bad thing either.

#9 ·
Clearly the best answer is to find a way to demo both of them. The Evolve is one of ellsworths best selling bikes of all time and I see them more than I see other ellsworths. I like my epiphany and it is a great trail bike, but mine is a 2007 and I know they have made a few changes in the last few years. I think they still run a 27.2 seatpost though, which is annoying if want to run an adjustable seatpost. Niner makes a racing carbon 29er that looks pretty light and pivot makes a carbon 5.7 which is worth a look if you want something bearlier.

#10 ·
Just got this email from Ellsworth. I get a ton of crappy email.
SAVE UP TO $1500.00. During the month of July, buy a complete Shimano XT equipped Ellsworth Truth, Epiphany, Evolve or Evolution for $5295.00, and get a FREE upgrade to a XTR component group. A $1500 VALUE
In case you were still looking for a ellsworth.

#11 ·
That's a good deal.

I think the epic is a great handling bike. I have mine set up 150mm and I have an Anglesey slackening the angles. It's a perfect trail bike or enduros downhill bike.

Don't worry about the 27.2 post there are already several companies making 27.2 adjustable posts, i have a gravity dropper and a black mamba, and next year there's going to be a new kind shock lev which some are already saying is going to be the best on the market.

29'bikes are good at what 29 bikes are good at. Straight lining over rocks and routes but they lose a lot to 26 inch wheels when the trails are tight and twisty. 29ers are less popular in Europe because we tend to ride less double tack, fire road and jeep track and more tight twisty single track. Depends on your local riding. Of course 650b is commg ......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.