Thread: Epiphany size?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Epiphany size?

Excuse my question again but I'm going nuts not being able to testride one but I have to order one. Here are my detailed data:
    I need your help. What Epiphany size do I need? About Me: Weight 176 pounds, Height 5,84, Inseam 34,25
    Type of riding: XC Endurance, XC All Mountain

My dealer adviced me to take a L, saying otherwise the seatpost would have to be too long. But most of you seem to me about my size and use M, right?

Would you please help me I'm desperate!

Thanx

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    could somone please measure the
    Virtual Top Tube Range of his Epiphany and state whether its a M or L?
    This is not a measurement of the actual top tube itself. Rather, this corresponds to the mountain bike industry standard of measuring an imaginary line drawn parallel to the ground along the length of the top tube from the midpoint at the seat tube to the midpoint at the head tube. This is also known as an "effective top tube."

Thanx

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    5'8"? I think a large is gonna be waaay too big for you. get a medium or possibly even a small. The medium virtual top tube is 23.5, the large is 24.25. these bikes have a long cockpit on them. Just pick the one which has a v top tube length closest to what you currently ride. A friend of mine who is 5'9" or 5'10" had a medium Moment, and quickly traded in for a small as he found even the medium was too stretched for him in technical sections.

has your dealer ever dealt with ellsworth bikes before?? by the sounds of it I'm thinking not...
    Last edited by ramazz; 03-25-2007 at 09:10 AM.