mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Epiphany/Moment sizes vs Truth

Need a little help if you would. I have a Large Truth and love the fit of this bike for myself. I am looking at purchasing an Epiphany or a Moment for larger stuff. The Ellsworth website looks to me like a medium in either of these frames is closer to the size of my large Truth than the Large Epiphany or Large Moment. I don't have access to ride these frames for sizing so anyone else have an opinion on which size to buy to match the large Truth?

Thanks,
    Kelly

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have a large truth and then got a large moment both fit very well. I would probably prefer the Moment in large versus going medium

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Ellsworth sizing

Sounds to me like a L would be the way to go as well. If I can help any further please let me know - dimensions (inseam/height) would help! -JB

For a good time check out http://www.jbmountainbikes.com

Derrick
    Mar 2006

Ellswoth Moment sizing

Also considering a Medium Moment. 5 feet 8 inches tall. 31 inch inseam. Will a medium be too big? Comfortable now on my current bike with a 23 inch horizontal top tube. thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I ended up getting a large Moment to go with my large Truth and it worked pretty well. I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam if that helps.

My guess for someone 5'8" with a 31" inseam would be to go with a medium size.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am six foot and ride a medium moment. The salesman who sold me my bike lent me his for a trest ride it too was a medium and he was 6 foot 3. If i had a Truth it would be a large for definate.

It depends on your use, as a bigxc/trai/light all mountain bike a larger size moment with a longer top tube is generally better as it aids pedalling, climbing etc but as a big mountain/light freeride/miniDH bike a smaller bike tends to suit (added manouverability easier to chuck about better cornering better position on the bike for jumps drops etc
    The only contradiction to this is that the larger frame also has a longer wheelbase (longer front centre) aiding straight line stability on the descents.