mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Epiphany, Float R setup

Hi,
    I will try to dial in the suspension on my new Epihany this weekend. Any suggestions of what pressure and rebound setting on the Float R to start with? I'm 75kg (165lbs) with biking gear and I will ride the Epi as intended. I use a Fox shock pump.

Best regards

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Maybe I should point out that it's the rear shock I'm talking about, not the fork. (I have a 2007 Fox 32 Vanilla R fork).

Best regards

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

epi setup....

Guma75,
    I also have an 07 Vanilla fork on my Epi, first thing i did when i installed it was to swap out the stock spring for the lightest one in the box (purple i think)....I weigh about 160 lbs

as for the shock, i would say that generally Epi riders are running pretty much their own body weight (165 psi) in the shock although most of these are RP3's. I run my Rockshox MC 3.3 at about 70 psi, but it is a higher volume air can.
    Basically you should start out with setting it up for about 20% sag (somewhat less than 1/2" for a 2" stroke shock). Start here and adjust air pressure to your liking.

I strongly recommend that you completely deflate your shock and fully compress the suspension (to be sure measure the distance between the o-ring on and the air can after extension...it should be 2") and check for clearance between your drive-side chainstay and the bottom of the front derailleur. A number of us have bottomed our chainstay onto the derailleur at full compression.

thumb

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks Thumbies!
    I will use your input tomorrow, when I work with the bike.

Best regards