mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Epiphany Carbon 275 and Absolute Truth Carbon!

Currenty Ibis rider, but I always regretted selling my Ellsworth. Such an amazing ride quality, one that I haven't been able to duplicate riding other designs (VPP, DW-Link).
    These new bikes look absolutely stunning. I have found absolutely zero information on them. No press release, posts, nothing. Anyone have anything to share??

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx View Post
    Anyone have anything to share??
    Already on Ellsworth's site!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Good find.
    Man, what happened?
    Ellsworth forum used to be like Grand Central. Times have changed.

mtbr member
    The article that was linked to above said the Epiphany carbon has a 30.9mm seat tube for dropper posts and internal cable routing for stealth style remote dropper.

But it appears on the Ellsworth website that the Epiphany carbon and Enduro are still at 27.2 ????

If in fact they have gone to 30.9, along with the 12 x 142 rear axle, and slacker head angle for the Enduro it looks like Ellsworth is coming out with a strong showing for 2014.

I'll be interested to see reviews when they come out along with build weights.

Does the truth use a 12 x 142 rear axle also?
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    But what happened to rare earth carbon? Lol. Ellsworth press releases, always worth a good laugh with their over the top hyperbole.

Anisotropic Force Vector Carbon layup design

300 percent higher compaction pressure of the Toray Aerospace Carbon Fiber

“Both the Epiphany Carbon XC and the Absolute Truth’s sculpted shape not only provide the life and stiffness of the highest quality carbon, but the stand over height, internal cable routing and overall feel of the frames are just short of a masterpiece,” said Tony Ellsworth

Lol, great stuff

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The Epiphany 275 Enduro looks dope: Ellsworth Handcrafted Bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    But it appears on the Ellsworth website that the Epiphany carbon and Enduro are still at 27.2 ????
    Does the truth use a 12 x 142 rear axle also?
    Press releases say 30.9, but official site shows just 30. What it mean I cannot understand, I've sent email to ellsworth with some questions, but still no answer. They are alive? Knows somebody? Alu "enduro" version may have 27.2, but where is the "absolute truth"?

Concerning second question I see that Epi and truth both have same front tiangle, same chainstays, same seatstays and only rockers are different.

mtbr member
    The new 2014 all have a 30.9 seatpost diameter , all 26 " and 27.5 " have the Carbon shock stay with the 142 X 12 thru skewer ,
    2013 Ellsworth Carbon Evolve XT
    2013 Ellsworth Enlightment XTR
    2013 Ellsworth Enlightment SS

Bike Shop Employee

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    And what about headtube on those new carbon Els? Think 70° is a too steep and maybe angleset can help to make a bit slacker? I want something between 67 and 68. Can I get 68 on absolute truth with 2° headset? This only possible when there is "normal" headset, not integrated.

mtbr member
    Also curious if they have moved to press fit BB, if so its a deal killer for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Yes, BB type is also a question. But I prefer BSA.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I wished they would come out with slacker version of the alu Moment. A head angle of about 66 would be right for that bike IMO. Give it 27'5" wheels and they have winner again IMO. Oh and not to forget 142x12 thru axle.
    Last edited by TPA8580; 09-27-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Forgot something

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Someone from facebook Els page said that new carbon frames are with PF BB30 bottom brackets.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by leonid.schleicher View Post
    Someone from facebook Els page said that new carbon frames are with PF BB30 bottom brackets.
    I'm not aware of any carbon frames that are not, although there may be a couple out there. It's hard to engineer/design/manufacture carbon on the small scale, a pattern of carbon strands to provide structural integrity is vastly larger than compounds of aluminum alloy. Because of this, things like "threads" can not be reproduced, not to mention it's just easier to make a much larger structure, so this is usually applied across an entire range of bikes, not just the carbon ones, due to cost. Sad and I don't think they work quite as well, but that may just be because shimano hasn't really gotten into it yet either. We'll see.

Anyways, what happened to the solar/wind powered factory?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I'm not aware of any carbon frames that are not
    The new IBIS HDR uses a threaded BB

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Bronson too

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx View Post
    Good find.
    Man, what happened?
    Ellsworth forum used to be like Grand Central. Times have changed.
    Without changes is suspension design so many years, I suppose Ellsworth isn't as hot as all these new designs that come out every year.

But.. Man it is hard to beat the feeling of what ICT delivers. These new carbon frames look great and going to 27.5 with 2 new travel ranges is very cool.

I would imagine the Absolute Truth would be super fast/fun on tight single track

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ells website always has inaccuracies . They really ought to get it proof read by someone who knows the product better. Not the IT guy!
    On paper all the geometries look 2 degrees too steep but I doubt they are accurate. Only way is to measure one with the specified fork and tyres.