Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Epiphany 275

mtbr member

Epiphany 275

Just ordered a frame from them using the loyalty program. Great customer service by the way.

Anyone have one of these/ride one of these?

Can't seem to find anything on this bike. Wish it was in the shoot out. I'd like to hear some thoughts on this, maybe see some build pics. Ridden the 26" version and loved it so I have high hopes for this build.

Ill post up some pics as soon as the frame arrives and I start the build.
    Going with that blue frame with green accents.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    What size frame did you order? Did you get a delivery date? I REALLY want to try one of these.

mtbr member
    I ordered a md. I'm about 5'11 and always go between md and lg. I know the newer Epi frames have a pretty long top tube so Im Hoping the md will be good.

I haven't gotten a delivery date yet, they said they're waiting on the shock to come in from fox.

I'm gettin real antsy, just finished up my wheels, flow ex hoops sapim race spokes blue nips to green king hubs. I have all the parts for this build but no frame I'm goin nuts lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Really a great ride !

You will love it

Ciao,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Epiphany 275-epi-275.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice build looks great!!

What size frame did you buy and how tall are you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jredone View Post
    Nice build looks great!!

What size frame did you buy and how tall are you?
    Frame size Medium

Me 176 cm

Ciao,

Bicyclezero
    Oct 2006

Rear tire size is limited

Like the post title implies - you can't just stick any 'ol tire back there. Initially I had Fox on the phone trying to find out why their shock was letting the tire hit the frame. I had a Hans Dampf 2.35" tire in back. The same tire I have on my Ellsworth Truth. A tight fit, but workable. Now, on the 275 Epiphany - a larger travel bike - I have tire rub. First on the rear derailleur cable and then even still on the drive side of the chain stay. Putting a narrower tire in back solved that problem but left me wanting for landing confidence on jumps. Jumping was the reason for the upgrade to the bigger travel bike. I'm sure the right tire will come along. Any ideas? I prefer a UST. Anyone having any luck with a Nevegal or other? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bicyclezero View Post
    Like the post title implies - you can't just stick any 'ol tire back there. Initially I had Fox on the phone trying to find out why their shock was letting the tire hit the frame. I had a Hans Dampf 2.35" tire in back. The same tire I have on my Ellsworth Truth. A tight fit, but workable. Now, on the 275 Epiphany - a larger travel bike - I have tire rub. First on the rear derailleur cable and then even still on the drive side of the chain stay. Putting a narrower tire in back solved that problem but left me wanting for landing confidence on jumps. Jumping was the reason for the upgrade to the bigger travel bike. I'm sure the right tire will come along. Any ideas? I prefer a UST. Anyone having any luck with a Nevegal or other? Thanks.
    Go for a Method !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bicyclezero View Post
    im currently running a racing ralph rear 2.25 with plenty of clearance and a nobbiy nic front 2.35

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The ride is smooth. It delivers power when you need it. Excellent acceleration and is a super fast bike. Its only been 2 weeks since I got it assembled so no problems noticed so far.
    I got a medium size with sram xx groupset, I9 torch wheelset and Enve cockpit. Epiphany 275-407148_466242710117919_2143362414_n.jpg

mtbr member
    so far so good, I love this bike.

photo 49949EC3-C638-4EAD-9389-E667F81CBB78-2300-000002BBF19B362D.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I have been waiting for mine to show up. Curious, did you all order just frames or full bikes? I am being told that there is a hold up on Fox end of things??

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by teamvwracing View Post
    I have been waiting for mine to show up. Curious, did you all order just frames or full bikes? I am being told that there is a hold up on Fox end of things??
    In my case, I ordered just the frame since it was a Epiphany 650b. Good luck on your bike bro.

mtbr member
    i also ordered just the frame, I waited about a month and a half due to a delay on the shock and the anodizing on the rocker

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Ok, makes sense. Supposedly my new Epi is en route! Can't wait!

mtbr member
    We are building one up next week as a demo for the Colorado Ellsworth rep. If it arrives in time it'll be at the go pro mountain games too.

In any case, if anyone is in Co. and wants a demo ride on it pm me or contact Full Service Bicycle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Ok, makes sense. Supposedly my new Epi is en route! Can't wait!
    you can see my new post, my Epi has shown up!!! yahoo

mtbr member
    you can see my new post, my Epi has shown up!!! yahoo
    Sweet, lets see some pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Here you go!

Epiphany 275-img_1614.jpg

mtbr member
    nice build looks great all black.

enjoy it, this bike is a blast

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    thank you! I have already started to enjoy it very much!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    thank you! I have already started to enjoy it very much!!
    Did you go with a 140 or 160 fork??

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Good job!

The bike is a 140mm travel bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I see that you are running XX1 on yours, as am I. I have the 156 Q cranks and they are within about 4 mm of each chainstay. Are yours this close, or am I just paranoid??

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 9375gpd View Post
    I see that you are running XX1 on yours, as am I. I have the 156 Q cranks and they are within about 4 mm of each chainstay. Are yours this close, or am I just paranoid??
    156Q doesn't fit on my bike. Crank arms hit the chain stay. After speaking with SRAM, they stated that the bike cannot be a 156Q. I had to go with 168Q factor. Plenty of clearance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast