Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Epiphany 275

9K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  9375gpd 
#1 ·
Just ordered a frame from them using the loyalty program. Great customer service by the way.

Anyone have one of these/ride one of these?

Can't seem to find anything on this bike. Wish it was in the shoot out. I'd like to hear some thoughts on this, maybe see some build pics. Ridden the 26" version and loved it so I have high hopes for this build.

Ill post up some pics as soon as the frame arrives and I start the build.
Going with that blue frame with green accents.

#3 ·
I ordered a md. I'm about 5'11 and always go between md and lg. I know the newer Epi frames have a pretty long top tube so Im Hoping the md will be good.

I haven't gotten a delivery date yet, they said they're waiting on the shock to come in from fox.

I'm gettin real antsy, just finished up my wheels, flow ex hoops sapim race spokes blue nips to green king hubs. I have all the parts for this build but no frame I'm goin nuts lol

#7 ·
Rear tire size is limited

Like the post title implies - you can't just stick any 'ol tire back there. Initially I had Fox on the phone trying to find out why their shock was letting the tire hit the frame. I had a Hans Dampf 2.35" tire in back. The same tire I have on my Ellsworth Truth. A tight fit, but workable. Now, on the 275 Epiphany - a larger travel bike - I have tire rub. First on the rear derailleur cable and then even still on the drive side of the chain stay. Putting a narrower tire in back solved that problem but left me wanting for landing confidence on jumps. Jumping was the reason for the upgrade to the bigger travel bike. I'm sure the right tire will come along. Any ideas? I prefer a UST. Anyone having any luck with a Nevegal or other? Thanks.

#8 ·
Like the post title implies - you can't just stick any 'ol tire back there. Initially I had Fox on the phone trying to find out why their shock was letting the tire hit the frame. I had a Hans Dampf 2.35" tire in back. The same tire I have on my Ellsworth Truth. A tight fit, but workable. Now, on the 275 Epiphany - a larger travel bike - I have tire rub. First on the rear derailleur cable and then even still on the drive side of the chain stay. Putting a narrower tire in back solved that problem but left me wanting for landing confidence on jumps. Jumping was the reason for the upgrade to the bigger travel bike. I'm sure the right tire will come along. Any ideas? I prefer a UST. Anyone having any luck with a Nevegal or other? Thanks.
Go for a Method !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.