mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Epi the snow-bike

Yo.
    Thought I'd post up some pics of the Epiphany in action...well sort of action, as riding solo. Woke up this morning to some late snow here in North UK, first proper dump in years. Itching for a ride so aimed for the tops, only one up there - with a surpisingly rideable 8inches of fresh snow on ground. With the sun out (here in the UK this doesn't happen so often) I was feeling the love big time. Managed to remove the gloves to take some photos before hands froze-up, bit cold....Bit of an effort to get up to 700ish metres, but had a wicked ride down. Found that with some speed the tyres would float up into the powder, and could ride all way as long as front wheel straight ahead... and worked on my snowbike drift technique for the corners, and aimed for deeper drifts to control speed.
    Epi makes good snow bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Very Cool Shot

I put that as my Screensaver!

Those who skibike, know..
    Nice!
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

JDOM for life
    Me too! Awesome pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Wick
    I put that as my Screensaver!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    Nice!

hey Rogue, how about a riders gallery on the Ellsworth website?
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by EndOverend
    Found that with some speed the tyres would float up into the powder, and could ride all way as long as front wheel straight ahead... and worked on my snowbike drift technique for the corners, and aimed for deeper drifts to control speed.
    Epi makes good snow bike
    This would have made for some really cool pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    hey Rogue, how about a riders gallery on the Ellsworth website?
    hmmm, Im starting to get kinda peeved at the web geeks. I have been told the template is up but no links yet on the pages. Your photos in the Alps should certainly be up for everone to lust after...

... I will PM you. Apparently we tried to email you [rather than use the pics you posted], but no reply...?
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

JDOM for life
    Rogue Rider x, do you work for Ells?

hmmm, Im starting to get kinda peeved at the web geeks. I have been told the template is up but no links yet on the pages. Your photos in the Alps should certainly be up for everone to lust after...

... I will PM you. Apparently we tried to email you [rather than use the pics you posted], but no reply...?

All work and no play...

Quote Originally Posted by bakalboy
    Rogue Rider x, do you work for Ells?
    Bakalboy - yes, I work for Ells. Most of my posts are meant to be from the point of view of a passionate rider [rather than the Corporate voice]. However, I am happy to try to set the record straight when there is confusion. Just dont ask me any tech questions as those are beyond my paygrade...

JDOM for life
    Sweet! Good to know that Ells is keeping in touch with its passionate riders. Keep it up!

Bakalboy - yes, I work for Ells. Most of my posts are meant to be from the point of view of a passionate rider [rather than the Corporate voice]. However, I am happy to try to set the record straight when there is confusion. Just dont ask me any tech questions as those are beyond my paygrade...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

No Snow This Year

I'm jealous. I was hoping for some nice shots of my Epi in the snow this year. But, we got practically none unlike last year's big spring blast. Anyway, something different to share...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dude that is sooo coool. Nobody gets geeked out about a bike near their altar? Do you have any pics near the Great Wall??? Now THAT would be epic...

EDIT: I just looked through your gallery.... awesome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Dude that is sooo coool. Nobody gets geeked out about a bike near their altar? Do you have any pics near the Great Wall??? Now THAT would be epic...

EDIT: I just looked through your gallery.... awesome.
    Its a Buddhist shrine. Buddhists don't have blasphemy - believe whatever you like as long as its peaceful. Veering wildly off the thread topic, this little shrine is quite historic. Its just up the hill from the Temple of Azure Clouds on the way to the Armor Hanging Tower. The Armor Hanging tower is where soldiers took of their armor to dry after sweating up the hill (I know how they felt). The whole thing is on the pilgrimage route to Miao Feng (Excellently Summit) mountain where at about 4200 ft there is a large Buddhist temple.
    No pics of the Great Wall. Sorry to burst your bubble, but all those magnificent pictures of the Great Wall are from the restored sections - rebuilt mostly with modern materials and machines. They are also enormous tourist traps. I've been to un-restored sections of the wall. These sections are usually hard to get to, often overgrown with forest. You can see layers of history because the wall wasn't all built at once.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

I've now sent some pics direct to info@ellsworthbikes.com
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Does everyone else enjoy this as much as I do? Stories surrounding the ride... it combines geography, history, politics, religion... THANKS for sharing OldHorse.

Thanks also for the enlightenment of the Great Wall. After reading what you wrote, some pics from the remote sections would be even more meaningful.

Sheeesh I may have to ride more XC [and bring a cam!]

~~~
    Does everyone else enjoy this as much as I do? Stories surrounding the ride... it combines geography, history, politics, religion... THANKS for sharing OldHorse.

Thanks also for the enlightenment of the Great Wall. After reading what you wrote, some pics from the remote sections would be even more meaningful.

+1

JDOM for life
    Xie xie OldHorse

Quote Originally Posted by OldHorse
    Its a Buddhist shrine. Buddhists don't have blasphemy - believe whatever you like as long as its peaceful. Veering wildly off the thread topic, this little shrine is quite historic. Its just up the hill from the Temple of Azure Clouds on the way to the Armor Hanging Tower. The Armor Hanging tower is where soldiers took of their armor to dry after sweating up the hill (I know how they felt). The whole thing is on the pilgrimage route to Miao Feng (Excellently Summit) mountain where at about 4200 ft there is a large Buddhist temple.
    No pics of the Great Wall. Sorry to burst your bubble, but all those magnificent pictures of the Great Wall are from the restored sections - rebuilt mostly with modern materials and machines. They are also enormous tourist traps. I've been to un-restored sections of the wall. These sections are usually hard to get to, often overgrown with forest. You can see layers of history because the wall wasn't all built at once.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

I posted a new ride report in the regional forum:
    Beijing Ride Report Mar 27, 2008
    Lots of nice Epi pics with interesting local color.