Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166

    Ellsworth wheels

    Hi
    where could I find more information about Ellsworth wheels ?

  2. #2
    HIYAH
    Reputation: heeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    692
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166
    thanks
    somme one ride it here ?

  4. #4
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,120
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    thanks
    somme one ride it here ?
    I think they are still "vaporware"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166
    Ellsworth have it in stock in usa
    i think somme people allready ride with

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166
    hello
    i just test it on my Truth


    good wheels
    light and rigide
    it look like the easton one
    Ellsworth addict cince 16 years

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    760
    I have the AMs on my moment and have not had any issues yet. I got them in late Feb and ride about twice a week so they have seen the dirt and still loving it.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

    www.cyclng.com

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    79

    POE on hubs

    whats POE on these? they 72 like Chris king and other high end hubs?

  9. #9
    Praise Bob
    Reputation: Spartacus Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    490

    Not to hijack this thread but...

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    hello
    i just test it on my Truth


    good wheels
    light and rigide
    it look like the easton one
    Wow, i've never seen brake levers turned downwards like that! Is that just an optical illusion in the pic or do your levers really point straight down? Just curious.

  10. #10
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus Rex
    Wow, i've never seen brake levers turned downwards like that! Is that just an optical illusion in the pic or do your levers really point straight down? Just curious.
    I was curious about that too. Boss, you also seem to have a very short stem going there too (at least for an XC/race type bike). Do you ride waaay over the front of the bike such that your hands are really rotated forward? I gotta wonder how that works for when (if) you get off the back of the bike for a technical descent. It would be cool to get a better undserstanding if you don't mind.

  11. #11
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,699
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    I was curious about that too. Boss, you also seem to have a very short stem going there too (at least for an XC/race type bike). Do you ride waaay over the front of the bike such that your hands are really rotated forward? I gotta wonder how that works for when (if) you get off the back of the bike for a technical descent. It would be cool to get a better undserstanding if you don't mind.
    His lever position is fairly ergonomic because often people put their levers way too high, and that forces the hand to rotate up, which is a position that is not very natural, your hand naturally wants to curve, just hold your arm level and relax your hand and see, so that makes a pretty good position for the levers usually, maximizes your force and minimizes fatique/uncomfortable position. You see this often on lots of downhill bikes.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  12. #12
    locked - time out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    Hi
    where could I find more information about Ellsworth wheels ?
    Aren't you an ellsworth distributer? a guy who has had 70 ellsworth bikes through the years? how the hell do you not know where to get an ellsworth product? who in their right mind would buy ellsworth wheels? why not stick to a proven product like king or hope with a rim like mavic or dt swiss. ells makes nice bikes. i've had a moment and my wife rides a truth but this wheel business is just marketing hype. who is going to be stocking parts for these? what type of hub do they use? who makes it? i have no idea why someone would drink the kool aid and buy wheels from ellsworth. i wish they would just stick to frames and customer service. master that and then get into the wheel business but please give some info on design of the hub. what type or pawls, seals, bearings, spokes and who makes the rims.
    seriously though why is an ellsworth european distributer stirring up interest on these wheels undert the guise of a customer. this is the sh!t that pisses peolpe off aout ellsworth. they are constantly marketing on the sly. make a good product, back it up and the word of mouth alone will help sales. all this fake sh!t from boss and rogue rider x just annoys people. stick to frames

  13. #13
    Those who skibike, know..
    Reputation: Rogue Rider x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    329

    Go easy, bud..

    Quote Originally Posted by plmrman
    all this fake sh!t from boss and rogue rider x just annoys people. stick to frames
    Yikes! That might be a little more confrontational than I am used to.

    How does one progress the sport by 'sticking' to any one product line? Are you saying there is NO room for improvement on the current 'state of the art' of wheels? The fine folks at Mavic and DT got it right forever? Do you want more options [i.e. Companies] to choose from or less?

    Fair request by you for more info on what type or pawls [wha?], seals, bearings, spokes hub, rims, etc. Too bad you used other inflammatory language though... can't we try to stick to positive vibes?

    More to follow on specs and pics. Coffee finally kicked in. Time to ride.
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

  14. #14
    locked - time out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    Yikes! That might be a little more confrontational than I am used to.

    How does one progress the sport by 'sticking' to any one product line? Are you saying there is NO room for improvement on the current 'state of the art' of wheels? The fine folks at Mavic and DT got it right forever? Do you want more options [i.e. Companies] to choose from or less?

    Fair request by you for more info on what type or pawls [wha?], seals, bearings, spokes hub, rims, etc. Too bad you used other inflammatory language though... can't we try to stick to positive vibes?

    More to follow on specs and pics. Coffee finally kicked in. Time to ride.
    hey bud sorry for the foul language. it is interesting that your wheels aren't built in the states. also amazing that you can find master wheel builders in a buddist temple in thailand with twelve years hand crafting custom wheels. some of the women in the video look to be in their twenties i guess they must have started young. can't wait to see the specs on the hubs and rims. i love that i have to ride them to fel how fast they are. any demo sets out there i can ride before dropping my hard earned cash?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166
    plmrman
    just look when i post my 1rst question !!!!
    10-19-2007
    it was a new product
    at this time i never seen anny ellsworth wheel
    and allso never seen anny test on web or magazine
    so i was looking for information !

    you know plmrman
    I was a big big fan off Ellsworth 2 years before i start to import them
    i start to ride an Ellsworth probably in 1992
    at the same time I importe some off the best bike in the world
    Intense, Turner, Foes, cove, Ibis, Niner
    And i never find a better bike

    I dont have anny reason to said that in this forum
    I will never sell anny bike in USA !!!!
    and I dont know who is rogue rider X !!!
    I never have anny communication with him in this forum
    i dont know if he work for Ellsworth or is a fan like me !
    Ellsworth addict cince 16 years

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166
    """Wow, i've never seen brake levers turned downwards like that! Is that just an optical illusion in the pic or do your levers really point straight down? Just curious."""

    when i take the photo I just finish to build the bike but not finish to adjust it
    now it is in a better position
    Ellsworth addict cince 16 years

  17. #17
    Those who skibike, know..
    Reputation: Rogue Rider x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    Hi
    where could I find more information about Ellsworth wheels ?
    Ok - the new website has been updated to include wheels and specs.

    Just visit www.EllsworthBikes.com and click on the Wheels tab in the upper left.

    There are hi-res pics and downloadable pdf spec sheets.
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    760
    RRX, are the spec for the AM wheel wrong, it looks like those are the xc wheel specs???
    Also do you have the POE on the hubs as asked above? Just curious, I asked my buddy that works at ells and he said he didn't know it.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

    www.cyclng.com

  19. #19
    Those who skibike, know..
    Reputation: Rogue Rider x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    329
    You are correct sir. Nice catch JJ. The proper wheel tag has now been uploaded. Remember to refresh when you look again.

    And refresh my memory on what POE stands for?? [Sorry, im not the tech guy...]
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    79
    POE = Points of Engagement. basically how many active engagement points are in the hub. High end, quick engaging hubs such as chris king or hadley have 72 POE, shimano is at 24 though I believe this years models are up to 36. Many points of engagement means less pedal stroke required before the power is actually transferred to the rear wheel through the hub, a low poe means you can have a couple inches of free play which is just wasted energy. This is a big deal when ratcheting the pedals in technical sections as well as for many trials and urban riders or simply just for those of us wanting to get power to the ground the instant we start mashing the pedals.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    760
    Very well put ramazz.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

    www.cyclng.com

  22. #22
    locked - time out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    plmrman
    just look when i post my 1rst question !!!!
    10-19-2007
    it was a new product
    at this time i never seen anny ellsworth wheel
    and allso never seen anny test on web or magazine
    so i was looking for information !

    you know plmrman
    I was a big big fan off Ellsworth 2 years before i start to import them
    i start to ride an Ellsworth probably in 1992
    at the same time I importe some off the best bike in the world
    Intense, Turner, Foes, cove, Ibis, Niner
    And i never find a better bike

    I dont have anny reason to said that in this forum
    I will never sell anny bike in USA !!!!
    and I dont know who is rogue rider X !!!
    I never have anny communication with him in this forum
    i dont know if he work for Ellsworth or is a fan like me !
    how do you not know that rrx is an ellsworth employee, it says so in his sig.
    he isn't hiding that he is an employee any more. it's cool how you don't know any more about ellsworth than the average joe but you started the thread that the new website was up. great sleuthing by a regular guy/consumer.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166
    I just said i dont know who he is (his name)
    but i know that he work for ellsworth
    Ellsworth addict cince 16 years

  24. #24
    locked - time out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    I just said i dont know who he is (his name)
    but i know that he work for ellsworth
    actually you said you didn't know who he is and that you didn't know that he worked for ellsworth. try to stick to the same story. your post is right there in front of you and you only said it a few days ago.

  25. #25
    locked - time out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    64
    just look when i post my 1rst question !!!!
    10-19-2007
    it was a new product
    at this time i never seen anny ellsworth wheel
    and allso never seen anny test on web or magazine
    so i was looking for information !

    you know plmrman
    I was a big big fan off Ellsworth 2 years before i start to import them
    i start to ride an Ellsworth probably in 1992
    at the same time I importe some off the best bike in the world
    Intense, Turner, Foes, cove, Ibis, Niner
    And i never find a better bike

    I dont have anny reason to said that in this forum
    I will never sell anny bike in USA !!!!
    and I dont know who is rogue rider X !!!
    I never have anny communication with him in this forum
    i dont know if he work for Ellsworth or is a fan like me !


    here is what you said in case you forgot. i bolded the part where you said you didn't know that he worked for ellsworth in case it wasn't still fresh in your memory. is it tough being a distributer and a "fan"? doesn't that kind of mean that in a way you do work for ellsworth being a distibuter?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •