Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VooDoo user.

Ellsworth to use DW for '09

Found this on www.ellsworthbicycles.com

Ellsworth is proud to announce its partnership with Dave Weagle of e.thirteen for the coming years, bringing renowned Ellsworth quality together with high-performance DW-link suspension. Ellsworth holds a DW-link licence as of the 2009 model year.

Tony Ellsworth, owner and proprietor of Ellsworth Bicycles, had this to say:
    "I am psyched to have Dave aboard, he brings a wealth of technical knowledge with him that will no doubt improve our product lineup to the point where there simply is no question - if you want the best, this is it. His technical acumen coupled with our legendary build quality and after-sales backup will ensure that each and every one of our customers will be blown away by their new rides."

DW-link Ellsworths will be available as of April 1, 2009. The 2008 model year will be the last to feature our ICT suspension, which is still the market leader in marketing.

Rolling
    Actually I heard that Ellsworth actually made a variation on the DW link and is now forcing Dave Weagle to pay him royalties for the DW2 Link, claiming that the basic DW link infringes on the DW2's patent.

MTB SOCAL

April Fools?

I've already been fooled twice today. I'm not getting fooled a third time. At least I hope it's a joke.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei
    I've already been fooled twice today. I'm not getting fooled a third time. At least I hope it's a joke.
    Not a joke!

Least not here, it's 22:48.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Actually I heard that Ellsworth actually made a variation on the DW link and is now forcing Dave Weagle to pay him royalties for the DW2 Link, claiming that the basic DW link infringes on the DW2's patent.

LOL.... thats too funny..

Forgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Found this on www.ellsworthbicycles.com

Ellsworth is proud to announce its partnership with Dave Weagle of e.thirteen for the coming years, bringing renowned Ellsworth quality together with high-performance DW-link suspension. Ellsworth holds a DW-link licence as of the 2009 model year.

Tony Ellsworth, owner and proprietor of Ellsworth Bicycles, had this to say:
    "I am psyched to have Dave aboard, he brings a wealth of technical knowledge with him that will no doubt improve our product lineup to the point where there simply is no question - if you want the best, this is it. His technical acumen coupled with our legendary build quality and after-sales backup will ensure that each and every one of our customers will be blown away by their new rides."

DW-link Ellsworths will be available as of April 1, 2009. The 2008 model year will be the last to feature our ICT suspension, which is still the market leader in marketing.

Classic! You had me. I'm softening since F88 shut down. Any idea what Tony would call his new DW rides?? An Ellsworth 'Judas' perhaps?

VooDoo user.
    SO who's waiting for an '09?

April fools.

I saw this posted on Ridemonkey and had to "cut" and "paste" it over here. When I first saw it I nearly SHEET myself. Moments later I realized the DATE.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well if this were true, the ICT and 110% efficiency would be lost and he would have to deal with 9X% efficiently..no way Tony would do that! Plus DW would not want to get sued anyway. I mean, if there is a way that can be found to sue someone........

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    We could always go Faux bar for ultimate braking and traction! Apparently the faux bar design after all these years - now works!
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No way dude, that would make the bikes too stiff. That would really suck.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ah wondered when the trolls would arrive. Yep forgot to add, now with more stiffness due to now being used by DT.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't get it. Without well-engineered flex, how would a bike ride well? This is confusing. Even the experts in the Ibis forum have said this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Okay, just playin'- you're being a good sport

AKA Frank N. Bike!!
    It's funny you guys think that ICT is the best out there.
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197
    It's funny you guys think that ICT is the best out there.

we don't

AKA Frank N. Bike!!
    Fair enough.

Those who skibike, know..

this is a great forum for discussion, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197
    Fair enough.
    ... Kona0197, "best" is so subjective. How about we use "efficient." What, in your comparisons, have you found to be more efficient than ICT?
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

Rolling
    I knew this April fools joke would involve into some mud slinging.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    ... Kona0197, "best" is so subjective. How about we use "efficient." What, in your comparisons, have you found to be more efficient than ICT?
    That depends, not only do I get an extra 5 feet every furlong, but my bike pedals like a much lighter bike, I mean, how can you beat that? It pedals like a lighter bike!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

AKA Frank N. Bike!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    I need to ride an Ellsworth first. So far I've only read that others are better but I need to form my own opinion.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, you need to do that. Don't forget to come back here and the Ibis forum to post your impressions/opinions.

Ask TIMBERR if you need help with the subject line.

Rolling
    I think the Ellsworth forum has more non-Ells owners than Ells owners viewing and posting. Wonder why that is?

Envy?
    Rubbernecking?

I know that the Kona, or Giant Forum isn't worth my time, that is for sure...Why? Not because they aren't good bike for what you pay for, it's that I have no interest in those bikes.

(especially Kona0197, who has never ridden an Ells, but he reads a lot and forms--denies it though-- strong opinions based on this reading.)

PS: I have ridden Giants and Konas.
    Last edited by lidarman; 04-02-2008 at 05:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Definitely the DW that caught my eye but how could one not be envious of you guys.

VooDoo user.
    Ellsworth isn't the best design. It's just what we prefer.

On a side note I have riden a DW bike and thought it was POO.
    I have also riden Giant, Trek, specialized, Kona, Yeti, Turner, Chumba, Santa cruz, Rocky mountain, Niner, Voodoo, Spot brand, Pivot, Moots, Wilits, Titus, Maverick, and a few others. Might not have owned all those but have had the pleasure and sometimes the mis-pleasure of riding all those brands and then some.

Damn my legs are tired.

Was I trying to make a point or something?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast