mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Ellsworth TRUTH or 2007 Trek Fuel EX 9.5

Please help me choose a new FS bike

Time is not a road.
    I'd have to say that that spec on the Trek looks pretty darned good. To build the Truth like that would cost you a pretty penny. If money isn't a big deal, then it comes down to frame design. While the carbon frame may be desireable, the suspension of the Ellsworth will be superior to the Trek. Fuels were notorious for ramping up at then end of their cycle which limited their overall travel gained. With the better design of the Ellsworth, you won't have to rely so much on heavy compression damping of the shock to alleviate undesireable suspension action.

Since the Trek is a 120mm frame, it might be better to compare it to the Epiphany which will have a geometry that more matches that of the EX 9.5.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Also, the epi is a sweet ride with a great company that has supported USA with a new enviromentally friendly factory and you will get great service and can talk to the company owner on this forum.
    Take a look at the Ibis Mojo also in that same category.
    But, I love Trek's cause their high end bikes have lifetime warranty. The others.......don't. (Finally with the 9.5 for this year they added the faux horst link like turners flux, etc. and bearings in the main pivot, but not in others where not needed.) I would say you need to ride them all cause what's good for one person..... That said, Medium carbon mojo dw-link, 5.8 lb frame @ 1899.00 ...........I know get all 3 !
    Last edited by gehulme; 01-30-2007 at 05:35 AM.