Leash Law Enforcer

Ellsworth Facility

Anybody know how the facility faired in the SD wildfires? Just from looking at the maps, it appears the facility would have been in the path of the fire from Ramona down to Rancho Bernardo and Lake Hodges.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

HIYAH
    Did you see the note on their website that they are considering moving to washington...? Posted the day the fire started...
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    It doesn't look good. This map of the burn area seems to show the Ellsworth facility was in the middle of it all.

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/dmpr/emer...0_allfires.pdf

Silver bullet
    Hopefully the facility survived but I also wonder about the people themselves. They most likely live in the area and have homes too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I spoke to someone who is close to the facitlity. The office is fine, just without power. They're going to be installing generators today or tomorrow to get the phones and IT up.

mtbr member
    Received this e-mail today from Ellsworth

Perhaps it was Tony Ellsworth's vision of building an environmentally conscious factory constructed of concrete and metal, geothermically heated, and solar-powered that helped it escape ruin from the raging fires in southern California. Regardless, Ellsworth Handcrafted Bikes employees, friends and neighbors were evacuated Monday and the crew quickly reassembled 'online' to make sure it is 'Business As Usual' in the most unusual of circumstances.

"We escaped about 4:00am with fireballs flying overhead and all of our servers loaded in the trailer." said Tony Ellsworth from his makeshift office in Oceanside. "Our fabrication facility in Vancouver, Washington has really stepped up in making sure all orders are filled, our website has all contact information via email. Right now the only thing not operating is our phone line as all electricity, phone lines and water has been destroyed."

Amphibious Technologies
    Not sure what this update means though: "The Organic Avacado grove that houses the Sustainable Ellsworth Administrative, Design, and wharehouse has burned, and Highland Valley Road is a war zone and all electric and telephone poles, and infrastructure was destroyed."

I think they are saying the Ramona Facility burned down.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC
    Received this e-mail today from Ellsworth

Perhaps it was Tony Ellsworth's vision of building an environmentally conscious factory constructed of concrete and metal, geothermically heated, and solar-powered that helped it escape ruin from the raging fires in southern California. Regardless, Ellsworth Handcrafted Bikes employees, friends and neighbors were evacuated Monday and the crew quickly reassembled 'online' to make sure it is 'Business As Usual' in the most unusual of circumstances.

"We escaped about 4:00am with fireballs flying overhead and all of our servers loaded in the trailer." said Tony Ellsworth from his makeshift office in Oceanside. "Our fabrication facility in Vancouver, Washington has really stepped up in making sure all orders are filled, our website has all contact information via email. Right now the only thing not operating is our phone line as all electricity, phone lines and water has been destroyed."
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    LOL, I got that email and I did chuckle. Did TE patent the construction of his building? LOL, I know I'm being a troll. :-) Sounds like there's at least some pretty good damage. Hopefully, everything is good.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Not sure what this update means though: "The Organic Avacado grove that houses the Sustainable Ellsworth Administrative, Design, and wharehouse has burned, and Highland Valley Road is a war zone and all electric and telephone poles, and infrastructure was destroyed."

Or at the very least, there will be no Guacamole at the upcoming Ellsworth Gathering in Moab--if they don't cancel it.

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO

If I read that right, the avacado grove has burned, but the facility was not destroyed. Either way, that's some crazy stuff going down in CA.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yeah, I think they came out ok. I'm seriously bummed though, the home I grew up in is gone, just down the road near Bandy Canyon Rd

Good luck to those dealing with the fires in person.
    Last edited by phatfreeheeler; 10-24-2007 at 09:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The facility made it without any loss except for power and water. They have generators running to the building and should be shipping by Monday from what I was told. They got lucky, the surroundng area is a war zone.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by rnm6400
    The facility made it without any loss except for power and water. They have generators running to the building and should be shipping by Monday from what I was told. They got lucky, the surroundng area is a war zone.
    I thought you guys lost the Guacamole Farm.

Good to know the building is still there and will be up and running next week. Lucky indeed.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech