mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ellsworth Country!

One of our club members ( Thanks Don!) followed some of the local EW riders out to ALAFIA Park early this am for some action shots.

Follow the link to the pic post site

http://www.pbase.com/max99/alafia

I'll add that Don ( photog) Art ( Black Truth) Darren ( Black Id) Dave ( Gold Id) also help build these trails.
    (Art and his wife Julianne are the SWAMP club Trail managers for this park)
    These EW riders also work at the local EW shop, A J Barnes in Brandon.

**No Ellsworths were broken or harmed in any way in the process of this ride.
    ( But I did crack my Id's swingarm there earlier this year)

Enjoy!

not so super...

Nice Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Redriderpro
    One of our club members ( Thanks Don!) followed some of the local EW riders out to ALAFIA Park early this am for some action shots.

I'll add that Don ( photog) Art ( Black Truth) Darren ( Black Id) Dave ( Gold Id) also help build these trails.

Enjoy!
    I love that gold color Id.
    Nothing to see here.

Not a Barry supporter.

Enjoy!

Great pics! I have a gold Id too but I have the Marz Z1 that matches the rear triangle. Pretty sweet. But the all black and gold is nice. Looks like a Steelers fan to me. One of my old ridin' buds would love that color combo.

I have to admit my ignorance...where is that park? NoCal?
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    I have to admit my ignorance...where is that park? NoCal?
    Based on his profile I would say it is in Florida.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

REF: Where it was

Those pics are from the newest State Park in Florida.

Unlike most state parks it was pretty much built for MTB riders with all the trails having been built by the SWAMP club.

There are hose trails there as well but I think a typical weekend will see
    a couple hundred MTB riders and maybe 10 horse riders.

Soon there will be a swimming spot added just off one of the Loops near the Alafia river and another 8 miles or so of trail.

Location is East of Tampa, Florida.

Id colors... yeah I wanted the Gold too, but way back in 2001 I would have had to waited a couple months so I got the Red.
    What I really wanted was the Blue that's available on the Truth.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for posting the link to my pics. I've done lots of photography of other type of subjects, but this was my first attempt at 'fast moving' stuff. Technique needs a little work, but I'm learning. Also the tree canopy was a bit darker than I thought. Went out last week and did another set, which came out a bit better IMHO. Used a fill flash and also some different lenses. Here they are:

http://www.pbase.com/max99/alafia2

Jm.
    mtbr member
    good thing they weren't taking saftey-breaks.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Are you talking to me?

Where is rroder at?

That is the same type of riding that Tony blasetd rroder for, without proof, right? I hope that the folks at EW are ignoring this thread.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Um, I guess I'm confused. First, from the first 1/4 or so of that thread with rroeder that I read, I thought he was on a Truth and these are ID's? Secondly, I thought he was being blasted for riding 3-4 foot drops in Moab (which I think should be fine, by the way). I don't see one shot in these pictures of anybody doing any drops, let alone a drop of 3-4 feet onto rock. Just wondering...Peace.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

RE: Ellsworth Country comments

Some of you guy's must be the kind of peson that when they make a blind turn and come face to face with some kind of beautiful object of nature.... YOU JUST GOTTA GET A GUN AND KILL IT!

Somehow I thought these pics would be enjoyable and maybe even show some people that actually have mountains to play in, what we do here in Florida to work with what we have.

Ps.... Someone at EW did contact the local shop I mentioned and no it WAS NOT to advise that anyones warranty was in danger.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Um, I guess I'm confused. First, from the first 1/4 or so of that thread with rroeder that I read, I thought he was on a Truth and these are ID's? Secondly, I thought he was being blasted for riding 3-4 foot drops in Moab (which I think should be fine, by the way). I don't see one shot in these pictures of anybody doing any drops, let alone a drop of 3-4 feet onto rock. Just wondering...Peace.

There is a Truth in those shots and they are catching some air, but it's no biggie and it is no different than how I rode my Truth.

I never did 3-4 ft. drops in Moab on my Truth, but there are plenty of smaller drops I hit and I do love to haul butt on Porc. Rim as well as other Moab trails

We have a few 3 ft. drops on a local trail that we ride weekly and sometimes we hit these drops and yes I rode them on my Truth but these drops are at speed and the landing is no harder on the frame than jumping or riding a rocky downhill where the suspension takes big hits-I never bottomed my suspension which is what Ells. said causes the seattube failures. I rode these drops on my previous 2 bikes(HT and Proflex) and one of my buddies still rides them on his Schwinn alum HT-no breaks.

IMO, the problem is not that the Truth cannot handle this type of riding or a larger rider, the problem is with the seat tube and Ellsworth not taking responsibility. They made a VERY lame attempt at discrediting me to take the heat off them and their broken Truths.

Anyway, I don't dwell on things and I don't want to sound bitter so I try not to bring it up unless it's relevant to the thread.

BTW, it was not TE that wrote that post against me, it was his PR guy-Jim something.
    Last edited by rr; 08-02-2004 at 09:12 AM.

Are you talking to me?

Somehow I thought these pics would be enjoyable and maybe even show some people that actually have mountains to play in, what we do here in Florida to work with what we have.
    Do not get me wrong. The photos are awesome. I am sorry for not saying so in my first post. I was only pointing to the 1 or 2 photos that are "outside" of the boundries that EW has set for the Truth frame. Relax, the photos are great, and it looks like fun. Later.
    gfy

Shot Down in Flames...
    Where exactly is this new Park located, and how are the trails?

I'm originally from Tampa and am curious.

mtbr member
    Oops, sorry, I missed that shot of the Truth. I was actually trying to avoid another round of warranty bashing by pointing out what I thought were differences in the situations. I love the photos, and as a Truth-riding vegetarian pacifist (yes, I am a hippie with a bike problem) I highly doubt I'm going to take a gun to anything, let alone a beautiful object of nature. Sorry for any confusion, and, again, Peace.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

For D-Rock: Alafia State Park

Alafia Park is East of Brandon out Hiway 60 to Hiway 39, South about 12 miles, park is on the left. I'd say for Florida, these trails are just about the best if you like to be challanged. How offten do you ride trails where the test is not how fast you can do them but CAN you do them without getting off or falling off?
    That's pretty rare in Florida, but very common at Alafia.

Here's a link to the park site.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/ala...er/default.asp

Most current trail map...

http://www.swampclub.org/AlafiaTrailMap3_03.jpg

New trails are being added...

CHECK THIS LINK FOR MORE PICS OF ALAFIA.

http://homepage.mac.com/weseubank/PhotoAlbum18.html