Thread: Dare Sizing

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Dare Sizing

Hey guys, i'm about 5'7 to about 5'9 (not too sure about the measurement in feet, i'm 176cm) and was interested in the new Dare. I'm just getting into DHing and i'm not too sure about the size of the frame i need to use for the Dare. There is only Small and Large on the site but i somehow feel like i should be a medium. I am correct or should i follow the when in doubt go for the smaller size? Or do they make medium sizes?

Thanks for your help in advance.

p.s i emailed ellsworth about my plight but i guess they are pretty busy cos i haven't got a reply yet.

VooDoo user.
    I'm confused by the TT measurments. FOr the small it says 21.X with (20") next to it. Then for the large its 24 with a (21") next to it.

Best to call ellsworth. They are not replying to email but you will get a real person if you call.
    Last edited by TIMBERRR; 01-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Custom User Title
    That's the effictive and (actual) lengths. They differ because of the geo of the frame. The TT length is x inches but feels like (x) inches.

The larger bike will be more stable in teh air and down fast straight-ish runs. The small will be more manuverable. They don't list the wheelbase. I have an '05 and the WB is 48.25 inches with a fox 40. I steers like a diesel tuck but floats through the air nicely.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

whatever she says gueuze.

Dare

I'm 5'8" and have owned 2 Dares in the past. They've always came in Small or Large sizes. You should definitely get the Small size. Unless you're over 5'11", the large will stretch you out too much for DHing.