mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Customer Service & LBS ROCKS

I was in the St. George, Utah area all last week riding when both mag rockers on my 05 Epi broke out on JEM. I heard a crack on a big fast G-out and I stopped and checked the frame. The frame looked fine. I never thought to look at the rockers. Anyway on the next big wash G-out the bike immediately stopped when both rockers went and collapsed on the rear tire. It was a 3-1/2 mile walk out over to Virgin.

I called Ellsworth customer service and they referred me to the LBS, Cedar Cycles. Brian at CC and Paul at Ellsworth worked out overnight shipping and I was able to pick up my bike late the next day. My helmet goes off to those guys for making it happen.

I did not want to miss a day of riding so I rented a Kona Dawg and headed up to Grafton Mesa. The difference between the two was like heaven and hell (I bet the Dawg guys won't like hearing that). After my 1st big crash I elected to let my buddies’ do two more runs and I stayed at the bottom.

I rode Gooseberry, JEM and Grafton the day after I got my Epi back and it sure was a sweet day riding with my tried and true sweetheart.

mtbr member

Thanks for sharing

It's nice to hear the good stories here too,

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm sorry, not being neg, but what part of "I heard a crack...the bike immediately stopped when both rockers went and collapsed on the rear tire. It was a 3-1/2 mile walk out over to Virgin", is good? Maybe that Bliss was still able to walk after? EEK!

Rolling
    Glad you got good treatment. Glad you had fun in the St George area and glad you got to compare to a Kona.

I'm sure the budget minded Kona riders won't mind. If you did think the Kona was as good, I guess there would be no need for the Epi, would there?

St George is such an nice place...for the biking that is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrod35
    I'm sorry, not being neg, but what part of "I heard a crack...the bike immediately stopped when both rockers went and collapsed on the rear tire. It was a 3-1/2 mile walk out over to Virgin", is good? Maybe that Bliss was still able to walk after? EEK!
    Okay let me qualify what I said. It's nice to hear good stories about Ellsworth customer service instead of just bad ones.

Jeez man can't even say something nice on this site anymore...
    Last edited by RockyRider; 04-14-2008 at 08:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yeah I know what you mean Rocky.
    LBS
    Ride on...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrod35
    I never heard a "crack" but still had my LBS replace my rocker without any issues (for the new bearings more than anything) within a couple days without any questions!! Thanks to Ellsworth and Beyond Bikes!!

JDOM for life
    I've never had a problem with my LBS. They are the local distributors of Ellsworth and Titus here in the Philippines and they act really fast when they are faced with customer care. The only problem here in the Philippines is shipping, because it takes a few weeks to ship frames and components here so customers are forced to wait. Nevertheless, I've never had issues with my Epi and I love it to death but the new Moment is starting to become a big temptation