mtbr member

Cracked seatstay on ID...Help

I just cracked the seatstay on my ID, it cracked clean through about 1/2 inch above the rear disc tabs. My question is if Ells will warranty this part or how much is a new one.
    My ID is a 2004 and i am not the original owner....will this affect my warranty status, if so does anyone know how much a new one is...Thanks.

mtbr member
    If you are not the orginal owner, the warranty is not valid. If you received a registration card when you picked it up (the orginal owner didn't register it) you might be able to pull it off, or if you are a good standing with the LBS that deals Ellsworth. Ellsworth does ask for a copy of the reciept with said part or frame. You can also call Ellsworth and talk to them direct, and see if they are willing to help.

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    05-27-2006 #1
    theheavyone
    mtbr member

user gallery

Id rear wheel off center
    I need some help with this problem,hope someone can help. About a month ago i noticed the rear wheel on my Id was off center about an 1/8th inch to the left. The bike rides and handles as good as ever, but it's bothering me as something cannot be right back there...any suggestions ??? Thanks.

Zeb wrote:
    I think that writing was on the wall,I am sure that it is NOT warranty issue.Ellsworth has very strick policy on warranty that covers only the first owner, Sorry about that.Too bad that Ellsworth seems to have durability problems.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by theheavyone
    I just cracked the seatstay on my ID, it cracked clean through about 1/2 inch above the rear disc tabs. My question is if Ells will warranty this part or how much is a new one.
    My ID is a 2004 and i am not the original owner....will this affect my warranty status, if so does anyone know how much a new one is...Thanks.

You can buy a new one for around $300 from them (I think it's less actually).