Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Christmas present to myself

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  swimriderun 
#1 ·
Here is my Christmas present to myself. 22.75 pounds.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I had the bike out for its first ride today. I couldn't push it as hard as I wanted with snow and wet leaves on the trail but it felt good. I know this sounds like a smart ass remark, but it rides like a lighter, stiffer, faster evolve. They give you 2 options for the internal cable routing. One lets you run full length housing and is super easy to set up. The other more refined way with interrupted housing takes some patience but nowhere near as bad as a Niner. This is my first Rock Shock since the mid 90's and I love how the fork felt and I am glad I opted out of the Fox. The AM classic Wheels are flawless and very light. The Woodman 134 gram seat post scares me a bit but I will see how it holds up. I will run thinner, lighter tires in the summer, I don't need 2.35's but they were what I had in stock at the time so I tried them. I have been riding my 34 pound fat bike for the last 6 or 7 weeks waiting for this bike to come in, and getting on this bike after that made me feel super human. I am a spoiled bike shop guy who gets to ride almost everything out there and I have never been this impressed by a first ride.

#4 ·
Hope I feel the same when i get my 1st ride.Mine will be done in the morning going for a ride Sunday.Went XX1 so can't run my A/C race wheels yet.Bought a sram rise 40 for rear until american classic has freehub.Also went with 2013 rock shock fork sid 120 to match 120mm rear.Frame was 5.74lbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.