Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MTB SOCAL

Can't we all just get along?

I was fortunate to be able to get off work early and do a ride with my buddy JR today. It's such a blast to be riding when you are usually working! It was also my maiden ride on the new Moment and can be summed up with one word - awesome! My buddy was on his RFX. I've included some pics just to prove that the E's and the T's can get along (even if the T's aren't 110% efficient).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

VooDoo user.
    Gosh DARN is that pink!!!!

I dare you to post those pics on the TURNER board.

I triple dawg dare ya.

Moment looks even better in the sun.

Rolling
    Nice.

I know that feeling

Time is not a road.
    Yeah, that pink really pops out in the sun. That Turner is really an Ellsworth anyway...check the rear!

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Yeah, that pink really pops out in the sun. That Turner is really an Ellsworth anyway...check the rear!

Sharp eye! His RFX is a Horst-link model (pre-TNT). So, I guess you are technically correct (although JR will never admit to riding a bike influenced by the dark side ).
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

weekend worrier
    Dude, that Moment looks like a labia.

MTB SOCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by sactojesse

Thanks, Jes. Coming from you, that's a compliment! How's your new Moment - now that you've gotten it dirty?
    Kokopelli Racing

MIA
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sactojesse
    Thanks, a guy needs a good laugh first thing in the morning... I almost filled my keyboard with coffee (through my nose) on that one....

Those who skibike, know..
    NOOB QUESTION: why are Ells and Turner like the Hatfields and the McCoys? I see the weapons of two passionate bike soldiers in those pics, not something more sinister.

Nobody around here tells the janitor anything. Can anyone briefly sum up the history in 2 paragraphs or less??
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    There isn't a problem between E owners and Turner owners. I own both. It's only a minority that have a problem, the same dozen or so 'homers' - god I find that whole thing so sickly. I just refuse to be one of them as they are so far rammed up DT's backside they can't see the light. They play up to him and he plays up to them. Most normal people just get along and ride, the dozen or so people I'm talking about you're never gonna meet and are a mere drop in the mountain bike ocean.

While they are trolling and flaming we are out riding. They have nothing new or interesting to say anyway.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

VooDoo user.
    Both Brands are awesome. Can't go wrong either way.

Live 2 Ride
    I'm still trying to figure out why you all spend over two grand on a frame when you could get a fully loaded bike for that price...
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197
    I'm still trying to figure out why you all spend over two grand on a frame when you could get a fully loaded bike for that price...
    Only one way to find out the answer to your question .

Live 2 Ride
    No thanks. I'd rather buy a Santa Cruz or Giant.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Alright , let us know how it compares to your yukon .

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Why don't you post that on the Turner forum as the Kona design is the same. Or you can continually float around this forum trolling and flaming and generally not adding much. Enjoy your Kona, if you like it great, don't begrudge other peoples choices. I rode a Kona and hated it, and in my opinion overpriced (in my country anyhow). So should I go to the Kona forum and bang on about how crap I think it is?
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Where I come from Ellsworth are cheaper than Turner, Santa Cruz, Intense, Cove etc. In fact they are more comparable to Kona frame prices.

MTB SOCAL

Isn't that kinda like asking a Porsche owner why he/she didn't settle for a Camry?

Seriously, I have several Ellsworth bikes and I love the way they ride. Over he last 3 years, I've owned bikes from Intense (1), Titus (3), Foes (1), Seven (1), Banshee (1), Niner (1), and Gunnar (1). I still have several of the bikes and ride them periodically. But, I keep riding my Ellsworths because of the ride. My buddy, on the other hand, swears by Turner. They both make great bikes. I think SC and Giant makes some pretty nice models as well. It just depends what you prefer.
    Kokopelli Racing

Those who skibike, know..
    Passion, passion, passion. But I still dont understand why people flame other frames... isnt it kinda silly? Kinda cool to see Kona0197 visits this forum tho -- the more the merrier...

Hey K197 - maybe you wouldnt buy anything else, but would you RIDE with anything else?? If so I might hafta roadie up to Oregon and ride some -- you guys build awesome trails...
    Last edited by Rogue Rider x; 03-24-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

Rolling
    LOL...so you don't even own a Santa Cruz or a Giant or a Turner or an Ellsworth? Are you just one of those people who talk sheit and just envy every one elses bike?

And please tell us why you spend time here on this forum? I don't spend time of the Kona Forum, maybe I'm missing out.

Live 2 Ride
    Zakster, lidarman - I don't ride a Kona. Oh and I do own a Giant.

The reason I asked about why you guys spend so much money on a frame is because I'm a poor guy and can't justify spending that kind of money on a frame alone.
    Last edited by Kona0197; 03-24-2008 at 01:46 PM.

~~~
    Most bikes on MTBR are luxury items. Pure and simple. None of us really NEED a bike that costs more than a few hundred bucks. There are plenty of ppl who can kick my butt up and down the trails on a red tricycle if they wanted to.

Some ppl justify it b/c it's a luxury item that makes them happy. Some ppl work their asses off to make enough money to buy as many Ells as they want. Some ppl luck out and are born into money.

My belief is that if you use it and it makes you happy, the purchase is justified. I'm no rich guy. I have a mortgage to pay, and I drive a crappy car. But my passion is cycling. I look out for great deals in the classifieds and I do my own wrenching. I have also found that buying high end frames and components is not a waste of money, b/c they actually retain a lot of resale value. I funded more than half of my current Ellsworth build by selling off old components and a Heckler frame.

MTB passion also goes beyond the ride. Many here can just gaze at a beautifully CNC'd hunk of aluminum, or admire the details in a expertly powder coated or painted or anodized frame. Or spend hours debating suspension design!

MTB SOCAL
    Zakster, lidarman - I don't ride a Kona. Oh and I do own a Giant.

The reason I asked about why you guys spend so much money on a frame is because I'm a poor guy and can't justify spending that kind of money on a frame alone.

I think if you are happy with your Giant - awesome! Ride it and enjoy it.
    Kokopelli Racing

Live 2 Ride
    I'm happy with my Giant to a point. I wish I had a few better parts hanging on it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei
    I was fortunate to be able to get off work early and do a ride with my buddy JR today. It's such a blast to be riding when you are usually working! It was also my maiden ride on the new Moment and can be summed up with one word - awesome! My buddy was on his RFX. I've included some pics just to prove that the E's and the T's can get along (even if the T's aren't 110% efficient).
    Is the picture from Sunset? Did you ride Middle Merrill? If so, how was the trail maintenance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast