I'm UTarded

Can't get XX1 156 or 168 Q on Carbon Evolve

Both Q-factors hit the swingarm where the cranks bend outward. My LBS sent me both of these pics. What are they doing wrong or will XX1 just not fit with this swingarm?

Do you have to add spacers with the 168Q? SRAM doesn't recommend that, but who knows. I told them to try spacers as it sounds like that would be the only way to get it to clear. Heck, the 156Q may just fit with a spacer.

Can't get XX1 156 or 168 Q on Carbon Evolve-ellsworthec_xx1cranks.jpg

I'm UTarded
    It turns out that the XX1 cranks are simply not compatible with my swingarm revision. Ellsworth is working on a revised swingarm to accommodate this crankset.

Meanwile, I've got to figure out my options. Luckily, I hear that RaceFace is introducing their XX1-compatible chainrings soon (if not already). That might be my only option for now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    [QUOTE=powderboy;10449996]It turns out that the XX1 cranks are simply not compatible with my swingarm revision. Ellsworth is working on a revised swingarm to accommodate this crankset.

I am running the 156 Q XX1 on my EvolveC.....no issues

I'm UTarded
    [QUOTE=drnich;10450281]
    Quote Originally Posted by powderboy View Post
    It turns out that the XX1 cranks are simply not compatible with my swingarm revision. Ellsworth is working on a revised swingarm to accommodate this crankset.

I am running the 156 Q XX1 on my EvolveC.....no issues
    Hmmm... to get it to work on mine, I have to put a spacer on the non-drive side. Odd and a bit frustrating.

So, no spacers needed for yours to clear? I wonder if I have a different swingarm version that what you have. I know that they iterate on them quite regularly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    No, I used a spacer or 2. Cannot remember how many. Were needed to snug it up. Works great with spacers.

I'm UTarded
    Quote Originally Posted by drnich View Post
    No, I used a spacer or 2. Cannot remember how many. Were needed to snug it up. Works great with spacers.
    Ended up re-arranging the built-in spacers to make it fit. Ready to ride tomorrow. #stoked

LBS Manager
    Mine mounted up with the stock set up and no contact. It is close but there has been no rubbing or contact. They must have made a revision to the chain stay since last Nov. The XX1 crank looks exactly like an XO one with a different spider bolted on it. Hopefully Ellsworth will fix this issue and start offering high end Sram kits again. I have no interest in Shimano.