Burnt Orange Lives

blackfly character...

here is private message i received from this character... enjoy it... can you spell weirdo???

blackfly says:

"I saw your email and post regarding a broken E. You told the rider to not acknowledge the posts I make as I am in rehab for substance abuse and the bike I ride. I am not making this personal email lightly.

I am, in no way, in any rehab, and the fact I point out E flaws is not my fault as a former E faithful who has seen his beloved line fall to ****. But to mention ANY form of drug use on my part is to illict the harshest penalty. I will inform the board of your outlandish ****. I can understand you attack me because of my dislike to the E brand, for whatever reason, but to attack my PERSON, is to involve lawyers and all that. I do not take such attacks lightly. I suggest you recant and apologize. The proof of your attack is for all to see and could not be dismissed. Hate me because I dislike E, but to HATE me personally, is over the board. Be warned."

Rolling
    What is your point here? Did you really tell someone that Blackfly was in rehab? Will you link that for context?

Not sure I would have done that myself...

El Malo
    what are the chances...
    I've been away for months. I decide, "ah, let's check the E forum, surely something good's come up by now..."

and then this...

It's like reality TV, only worse...

So, on the brighter side... I just got a fresh Marzocchi 66ATA and a 888 to update my Ellsworths this season... can't wait to try'em out !
    "... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - "

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'll suggest that E involves its lawyers against Blackfly for perpetual harassment and continual slandering...

mtbr member
    Kids!...grow up, will yaah
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I guess the easiest thing is to ignore blackfly and people like jayem. They don't add any value to the forum. Blackfly seems to think he speaks from the entire worldwide shore community - but our 'shore' guys reading his threads are in stitches.

He's born of the 'shore' you know! It's odd that he spends that amount of energy and time moaning about E. Get over it and get on with your life.

I own a Ells, a Turner and a SC hardtail. I don't post on the Turner forum because of people like jayem and they're sickly devotion of hate to anything that isn't a Turner which in turn makes a lot of people think the Turner riders are so far up their own backside they can't see the light.

People like them are just trolling. Anyway why they are on here being predictable and dull it means they aren't on the trails. I love mountain biking and love seeing people ride bikes - regardless of the make.

Sadly that isn't the case for the small minded minority on certain parts on this forum.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Not that we feel like getting in the middle of child's play but if you're going to lay this out for everyone, at least provide your post that blackfly is referring to as Lidarman says. Otherwise you just seem to be making an unfair charge.

Burnt Orange Lives

couldnt find it...

must have been deleted after blackfly cried to moderators...

just find all posts posted by blackfly on Ellsworth forum, and you'll get an idea...

i am not making any charge - just posting soap opera private message from blackfly for everyone to enjoy... that is all...

Quote Originally Posted by kranest
    Not that we feel like getting in the middle of child's play but if you're going to lay this out for everyone, at least provide your post that blackfly is referring to as Lidarman says. Otherwise you just seem to be making an unfair charge.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    must have been deleted after blackfly cried to moderators...

just find all posts posted by blackfly on Ellsworth forum, and you'll get an idea...

i am not making any charge - just posting soap opera private message from blackfly for everyone to enjoy... that is all...
    Fair enough. Entertainment is good.

But if you look at the real message this thread conveys is that Ellsworth owners might be whiners and thin skinned.

It's fun to point out some quarky things that people do, in particular goofy posts people make for entertainment, but to post something that includes libel-like comments or threats is beyond entertainment...

Funny is a relative thing and based on "context" and "timing."

Burnt Orange Lives

whining Ells owners is the message?????

dont want to debate about reasons for starting this thread, but where do you see me whining??????????

i was just uterly entertained by the content of the message from blackfly and thought i'd give few people a good chuckle...

you dont find it entertaining? fine, you spoke your mind... but please dont talk about whining in my message because there is none... i couldnt care less about this blackfly character and his nonsense posts, not enough to whine about it...

i also do not recall that anyone here whined about blackfly, everyone just told him to basically f@#k off and take his crap elsewhere...

so as always, i appreciate your input, but this time i have to disagree with you... blackfly got what he deserved and i dont think anyone here would miss him if he disapeared today... heck, i dont think his family would miss him...

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Fair enough. Entertainment is good.

But if you look at the real message this thread conveys is that Ellsworth owners might be whiners and thin skinned.

It's fun to point out some quarky things that people do, in particular goofy posts people make for entertainment, but to post something that includes libel-like comments or threats is beyond entertainment...

Funny is a relative thing and based on "context" and "timing."

Burnt Orange Lives

linky link..

here is the link:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...18#post2874518

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    What is your point here? Did you really tell someone that Blackfly was in rehab? Will you link that for context?

Not sure I would have done that myself...

mtbr member

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    I guess the easiest thing is to ignore blackfly and people like jayem. They don't add any value to the forum. Blackfly seems to think he speaks from the entire worldwide shore community - but our 'shore' guys reading his threads are in stitches.

He's born of the 'shore' you know! It's odd that he spends that amount of energy and time moaning about E. Get over it and get on with your life.

I own a Ells, a Turner and a SC hardtail. I don't post on the Turner forum because of people like jayem and they're sickly devotion of hate to anything that isn't a Turner which in turn makes a lot of people think the Turner riders are so far up their own backside they can't see the light.

People like them are just trolling. Anyway why they are on here being predictable and dull it means they aren't on the trails. I love mountain biking and love seeing people ride bikes - regardless of the make.

Sadly that isn't the case for the small minded minority on certain parts on this forum.
    Could not have said it better