mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Appraisal on an iD

Hey guys, I posted this in the All Mountain section also before my noob self saw the Ellsworth section. I got a 2005 iD frame as a gift from a buddy while I was in the Navy and never built the thing. It's in great condition, and a local guy is interested in purchasing but I have NO idea what value to even put on the thing. Being in Ohio, Ellsworth is pretty rare in these parts. Can anyone help me out and shoot me some numbers? I'll post up a pic below. Thanks in advance guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Appraisal on an iD-ellsworth_id_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Really? No ideas?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'll give you 5 bucks.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Cannondale: Perp, SuperSix
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    You don't see too many as they tended to crack.... Those are the older chainstays too...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomac18
    I'll give you 5 bucks.

You win the 1/27/2011 Troll award! Awarded to the lonely individual in his mother's basement that flames threads for no reason, you are in an elite group my friend. Stay classy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs_
    You don't see too many as they tended to crack.... Those are the older chainstays too...

Yeah, I was just trying to get a ball park price to sell this thing, thanks though.

mtbr member
    it's really not worth much dude. no need to be a whiny b!tch about it. they had issues when new and geometry and bb heights have changed quite a bit since this was new. you're not gonna get much. if the guys offering more than a couple hundred, jump at it

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestBob
    Hey guys, I posted this in the All Mountain section also before my noob self saw the Ellsworth section. I got a 2005 iD frame as a gift from a buddy while I was in the Navy and never built the thing. It's in great condition, and a local guy is interested in purchasing but I have NO idea what value to even put on the thing. Being in Ohio, Ellsworth is pretty rare in these parts. Can anyone help me out and shoot me some numbers? I'll post up a pic below. Thanks in advance guys.
    $500 max.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    it's really not worth much dude. no need to be a whiny b!tch about it. they had issues when new and geometry and bb heights have changed quite a bit since this was new. you're not gonna get much. if the guys offering more than a couple hundred, jump at it

Where am I being a whiny *****? Do yourself a favor and keep your self righteous comments to yourself, because I do not entertain such immature comments. I asked for some help, and got one snide comment as a reply. I responded to that individual in kind. Go troll around elsewhere if you have nothing to add to the conversation. Thanks.

Thank you to the guy above with he $500 max quote, I'm going to look for $300.

mtbr member
    Where am I being a whiny *****? Do yourself a favor and keep your self righteous comments to yourself, because I do not entertain such immature comments. I asked for some help, and got one snide comment as a reply. I responded to that individual in kind. Go troll around elsewhere if you have nothing to add to the conversation. Thanks.

lol. you take yourself quite serious. i mentioned a couple hundred as a price. if you get 300 good for you. that's plenty for the id

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You win the 1/27/2011 Troll award! Awarded to the lonely individual in his mother's basement that flames threads for no reason, you are in an elite group my friend. Stay classy.
    It's almost as desirable as the: "I'm too cheap to buy an ad so I'll post a 'how much is it worth' thread" award!
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    A used one went on ebay in pretty decent shape this past december for just over $400. I don't know why people slag the ID. I personally love the high BB. been running my ID for 5 years without any problems (chainstays are the same and going strong as well). Someone will get a great frame for your asking price- although they may want to do themselves a favor and get a RP3 fox rear shock.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Dude, you asked for an opinion and you got one. Don't be so hurt about.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Cannondale: Perp, SuperSix
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    they go on ebay between $500 -800 based on condition and components included. i know, because I've bought and sold Ids, and Moments there.
    That bike looks to be in good shape, so I'd bet it would do better than expected there.
    My id was a great bike, and my moment is right in line with it. I've been lucky, no need to deal with Ellsworth for warranty issues.

don't have a buyer at $300? pm me. I'll pay for your ad....
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Yes but buyers on ebay tend to be freaking morons. Its because of them that the price of Suntour XC-II platform pedals have hit into the $300 range for NOS sets.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Great for sellers, though.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.