I'm trying to install disk brakes on my 1997 Truth, which has old-style 22mm Hayes mounting holes on the seat stay instead of on the chainstay which would have been typical for that application. I'd like to use a modern 51mm IS bracket, but I can't figure out what sort of adapter I need.

Here's the bike:
Name:  without.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  68.8 KB

I bought the adapter below without looking at it closely enough...
Name:  Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  29.5 KB

...but it's not right, obviously. In addition to the angle looking wrong, it would position the caliper too far in-board, even if I could get it bolted on:
Name:  with.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  71.7 KB

I've found images on the internet of the following three 22mm adapters, but they appear to be discontinued, and I'm not sure if any of them would have been correct anyway.
Name:  HT0995.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  30.1 KB
Name:  866.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  5.9 KB
Name:  images.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  3.7 KB

This one, from a2z, is readily available, but I've only seen photos of it used on the chain stay application. It looks like it will give me a better side-to-side position than the one I have, but it looks like it will locate the mounting holes at a simmilarly goofy angle. Plus it looks kind of cheap.
Name:  A2Z%20AD-PMR.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  6.2 KB

Before I order another adapter that I can't use, does anyone have any insight or experience with this? Thanks!