Some gear, some idea
    Feb 2005

Anyone try an Avalanche Chubie on an 04 Moment?

So, I'm gonna go coil, and I've decided that setup seems like its too difficult on the CCDB - feedback from one of the other top UK tuners that its finicky, but brilliant, - I don't do finicky.
    Avalanche advise that their 500lb spring is only 1oz lighter in Ti than steel (because they've got some fancy new Japanese steel for the springs) , so may as well go steel.
    So I can have a custom valved Ti springed Roco TST for ~400, or a steel springed, custom valved Avy Chubie for ~300 - seems like a no brainer.

BUT will it fit?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I don't know if this helps, but I run an Avalanche Chubby on my Id. Works pretty good, just wish I had a slightly lighter ti spring. If you do get an Avy, I definately recommend the upgrade for separate hi/lo adjusters (red and blue). It made a huge difference on my Turner RFX, that thing feels sp dialed and plush. Right now, my Id feels a bit stiff and like there's too much shock (dh shock on light trail bike), but I think that's the spring issue. Avys are great, get it custom valve for you by Craig and enjoy!

Bryan

Lay off the Levers
    What L7 said. I have one w/the HL adjusters on my RFX as well, an amazing shock. Def talk to Craig and get it custom valved.
    I can't comment of the fit but I'm sure Craig can. Send him an email if its impractical to make the international phone call.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.