mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Anyone running 07 Fox's on their Epi's ?

If so - what do you think and lets see them !

cheers

locked - time out
    Dec 2005
    There is NOTHING wrong with your new Pike's Justa! Try and wear stuff out!

LOL

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    your right - theres nothing wrong with them,

I just prefer a coil sprung fork to air sprung

locked - time out
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by justa
    I just prefer a coil sprung fork to air sprung
    Or do you not like the colour of your current forks, doesn't match the gleaming bike!

Time is not a road.
    Get a coil Pike...they're really blowing them out right now on '06s. Your not going to find a Fox that's better than the Pike. There's nothing coil that has the 20mm TA that will fit your frame. And the new Vanilla is not as stiff as a TA is. Heck, it won't even be lighter!

However, if you're dead set on it, I'm going to sell my virtually new 140 Vanilla. I'm going to a 20mm TA for my bike - it makes more sense for me (I'm on a Moment). PM me for details.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    chad1433 - thats a good point....

Erm I'm in England or I would have been interested..

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Get a coil Pike...they're really blowing them out right now on '06s. Your not going to find a Fox that's better than the Pike. There's nothing coil that has the 20mm TA that will fit your frame. And the new Vanilla is not as stiff as a TA is. Heck, it won't even be lighter!

However, if you're dead set on it, I'm going to sell my virtually new 140 Vanilla. I'm going to a 20mm TA for my bike - it makes more sense for me (I'm on a Moment). PM me for details.
    The coil Vanilla weighs 4.1 pounds
    The air Pike weighs 4.5 pounds
    The coil Pike weighs 5 pounds
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    The coil Vanilla weighs 4.1 pounds
    The air Pike weighs 4.5 pounds
    The coil Pike weighs 5 pounds
    Have a salad.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Have a salad.
    just to compare in our group...I'm with a 125mm Vanilla RLC on my Id, Mrs. M. has a 130mm Talas Float RLC on her Blur, the little kid has a 100mm Black on a Stumpy FSR, her BF has the 120mm Black on a Trek Liquid

everyone agrees that the Vanilla wins hands down for weight, reliability and comfort...can be dialed in to suit any terrain

I'm told that both Manitou Blacks are being replaced with Fox forks next year

just my .02

mtbr member
    Have a salad.
    God that's funny.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Chad, I can't believe you're getting rid of the Vanilla already!!!

So you're not liking it? Why? Shoulda bit the bullet and went TA, but I can understand that you didn't want to let go of the pretty pink breast-supporting front hub. It's ok, you can still have a healthy interest in breasts without it

Good thing you didn't get the Vanilla PUSH'd yet. What are you going with now??

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    Chad, I can't believe you're getting rid of the Vanilla already!!!

So you're not liking it? Why? Shoulda bit the bullet and went TA, but I can understand that you didn't want to let go of the pretty pink breast-supporting front hub. It's ok, you can still have a healthy interest in breasts without it

Good thing you didn't get the Vanilla PUSH'd yet. What are you going with now??
    I've got Larry's 2-Step Lyric for the week while he's at Interbike. We'll see how that feels. It's between a Pike, '06 Z1 SL (RC2 seems really positive) and a Lyrik Solo-air (I'd have to have the black... ). I can drop the travel on the Lyrik to mimic the Pike, so it should be good test of both forks, essentially.

It's been sort of a perfect storm of money, availability and consolidation that's led me here. I figure it's time to stop fooling around, get the TA on the front once and for all and pick a fork I'll stay with for a few years. More and more forks are made with the TA so if you don't have the hub, you're limited on products in the 6"+ travel range. I don't plan on having a diff bike anytime soon, so I gotta work with what I got.