Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98

    No good Anex bikes REVIEW

    Tyler Pace of Anex Bicycles runs Ellsworth's CPO and trade in program this is not an licensed business as claimed on his website and the Anex Bicycles facebook page. He sold me a bike with a cracked frame and will not return calls or messages. Beware and take your business elsewhere.
    Last edited by hedonistic; 06-23-2014 at 09:44 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flucod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonistic View Post
    Tyler Pace of Anex Bicycles runs Ellsworth's CPO and trade in program this is not an LLC or a licensed business as claimed on his website and the Anex Bicycles facebook page. He sold me a bike with a cracked frame and will not return calls or messages. Beware and take your business elsewhere.
    Just curious why you think it is not a legit business? They are listed on the Ellsworth web page as legit?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    Why is it not legit? Well he lists anex bikes as an LLC on Facebook, in the last four states he has lived UT, ID, CA, and CO, there is no LLC under his name or Anex bikes. The city in which he does business nor the neighboring cities list him as having a business licence. The BBB and yellow pages have no listing for him. Mostly because he sold me a pile of junk because in part because I trusted him because of his relation to Ellsworth and his listing as an LLC That and he flat out lied and said on pink bike that I did not try to contact him, in response I have screen shots of text messages he has not replied to posted on my pink bike profile.

    Edit, There is an LLC listed under Annex Bicycles.
    Last edited by hedonistic; 06-23-2014 at 09:45 PM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flucod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonistic View Post
    Why is it not legit? Well he lists anex bikes as an LLC on Facebook, in the last four states he has lived UT, ID, CA, and CO, there is no LLC under his name or Anex bikes. The city in which he does business nor the neighboring cities list him as having a business licence. The BBB and yellow pages have no listing for him. Mostly because he sold me a pile of junk because in part because I trusted him because of his relation to Ellsworth and his listing as an LLC That and he flat out lied and said on pink bike that I did not try to contact him, in response I have screen shots of text messages he has not replied to posted on my pink bike profile.
    I get that a he ripped you off, not denying that! It sucks and he should be called out, but unless you have proof he is not a LLC you could end up in a slander case. The info here is not enough to prove he is not an LLC. I have owned several business and made it very difficult to find me due to the nature of the business. He may have done the same, just trying to look out for you.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    24

    Clearing my name

    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    I get that a he ripped you off, not denying that! It sucks and he should be called out, but unless you have proof he is not a LLC you could end up in a slander case. The info here is not enough to prove he is not an LLC. I have owned several business and made it very difficult to find me due to the nature of the business. He may have done the same, just trying to look out for you.
    First thing's first: thank you Robert for being so gracious as to vomit your lies across the world-wide-web. I do appreciate it. Your alias names which you've used (Todd Jensen, Kevin Smith, Jake Longson) are now a known entity; you seem to think that saying the same thing, on the same day, at the same time, using three different identities, would somehow go un-noticed to the unsuspecting. You were wrong.

    So, here's the facts: Robert (Hedonistic) showed up at my house and rode the bike around, checked it out, and amazingly bought it -- without a crack. 5-days go by and suddenly the guy is blasting my name across the web (Facebook, Blogger, Yelp, MTBR, Pinkbike, just to name a few), professing that I didn't return his messages. Funny thing is: he never called. Never emailed. Never texted. Never came back to my house. Nothing. He'll tell you he did; I'll tell you otherwise. I've been selling bikes for 15-years and I sell a LOT - I have no reason to allow some moron like this clown to smear my name over a cracked frame. I would have gladly worked with him, as I've worked with dozens of buyers before, but he simply never got in touch with me. And here we are.
    So, the facts:
    1. I'm an LLC. Not sure why my previous addresses in other states matter; the LLC was created here in Utah.
    2. I don't sell crap; why would I? Why would I sell a cracked frame to someone IN PERSON? Did you ever ask yourself that, Robert?
    3. I now run the trade-in program for Ellsworth; do you really think Ellsworth would sign up a fraudster to do business with?
    4. People, if you want to laugh, listen to Hedonistic's defense of this whole scenario: you can find our thread here: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike

    Go ahead and check ever MTBR reviews: few people ever write about good experiences, just the bad. If you want to see my willingness to work with customers, check out this thread: Used El Guapo, dent in down tube

    It's really REALLY easy for cowards like Robert, or Jake, or Todd, or Kevin, or whatever his name is today to hide behind the internet and vomit across the screeen; it's a whole lot harder to defend oneself.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    Tyler it's easy to play tough guy on the internet, impressive!
    1. I was mistaken there is an LLC listed under Anex Bicycles not Anex bikes as most of his websites list, I have edited posts you have my sincerest apologies. How dare I question the integrity of someone I can prove is lying. Here are screen shots of texts sent to Tyler. All Photo Album - Pinkbike Perhaps the visit form Cottonwood Heights code enforcement officer Tony Kassapakis informing him of the need to get a business licence with the township has him bent out of shape.
    2. I sure did, and at your home no less.
    3. I sent them an email asking the same question and no reply, Elsworth makes great bikes part of the reason I thought you where legit.
    4. Please look at the link. I think Tyler comes across as being defensive, making personal attacks and being rude. Something about behaving like a spoiled twelve year old girl.

    Congratulations in 15 years you managed to do right by a customer.

    People don't generally fly off the handle and try to tarnish a company who treats its customers well. I am no exception I am trying to warn others about Anex bikes or Bicycles. I dont want someone else buying a broken rig and being injured or worse because of people like Tyler.

    Tyler you are the one getting personal and throwing around insults. Tell ya what, you and I meet face to face and if you beat me fair and square in a thumb wrestle and I will delete and or edit all my posts.

    To the rest of you, buy your bikes elsewhere, cheers and happy trails.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    24
    Check this link: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike
    Notice anything missing? Yes, your text messages -- they NEVER CAME THROUGH!
    If this is the extent that you took to get in touch with me, then congratulations, you never got in touch because I NEVER SAW THEM. WHY didn't you pick up the phone and CALL? EMAIL? Pinkbike? Bring the bike back! Instead, you retreated to absolutely destroying my name and reputation online.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. It never occurred to you to actually SPEAK with me before claiming I was avoiding you? I sell 230-bikes a year and reputation is everything; the LAST thing I would do is avoid someone, especially an unhappy customer, simply because of the possibility of THIS VERY SORT OF THING HAPPENING.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    Well heres your chance again, drop the other ventana el cuervo frame off at millcreek bikes (my shop of choice) I will pay for all the parts swap as well as some upgrades, you are welcome to the Tires and front BB5 as well as the lever and housing. I will edit my posts and reviews. If it's worth it to you to send the frame to Vantana they will repair it for $420, weld, heat treat and fresh powder coat. I also have a gentleman in Canada who is a welder by trade and interested in the frame. I will put you two in touch. If not, cest la vi.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    24
    No; for many reasons. First, the other frame is gone. And second, to use a phrase that you're clearly well versed in, since you have disclosed your experience being deployed overseas, working as a police officer, and being 'entrusted' with national secrets: I don't negotiate with terrorists. You, sir, are the very definition of an online bully, and you're clearly working hard to intimidate and harass. I've proved my point all along: no communication was ever received. Period. End of story. It's a simple story because it's true. I have nothing to hide. And with that, I'm done with this.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    You may think you are "done with this" however you are not, these posts show your character and are staying around forever. . It's funny how according to you I am a coward, a spoiled twelve year old girl, and a bully. Its pretty hard to harass and intimidate when as you claim I do not try to communicate call or stop by your house. You sir, are the one being a bully and calling names. I am a consumer dissatisfied with a product and a service.

    I am no terrorist! I am FREEDOM FIGHTER! Battling the injustice of inflated scrap metal sales posing as bikes! I may make costume complete with tights and underwear on the outside!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    24

    I rest my case

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonistic View Post
    You may think you are "done with this" however you are not, these posts show your character and are staying around forever. . It's funny how according to you I am a coward, a spoiled twelve year old girl, and a bully. Its pretty hard to harass and intimidate when as you claim I do not try to communicate call or stop by your house. You sir, are the one being a bully and calling names. I am a consumer dissatisfied with a product and a service.

    I am no terrorist! I am FREEDOM FIGHTER! Battling the injustice of inflated scrap metal sales posing as bikes! I may make costume complete with tights and underwear on the outside!
    Dear MTBR Forum readers and customers,

    If you'd like to know the nature of Hedonistic, all you need to do is google Anex Bicycles -- pretty much every single word of hatred vomited my way is his. He claims to have no Facebook account -- but somehow, 3 different individuals by the names of Todd Jensen, Kevin Smith, and Jake Longson all posted the very same hatred towards me regarding purchasing a DH bike within a 1-hour timespan on 6/18/2014. It's strange; I don't recall meeting any guys by those names, especially selling them all the same DH bike in question.
    He's vomited his attempts at character-assassination, online-bullying and intimidation towards me using the most blatant of threats regarding his profession: just read his threads. You'll see his true character.
    He proclaims that I avoided him; he claims I avoided phone calls and texts. Here are screen shots of my phone that day he bought the bike from me, in person: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike
    Notice -- no missed calls from 801.599.4934.
    Here's my text messages from him: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike
    Notice -- no texts received once he arrived that day. Nothing. He has my email; never emailed back. He has my PB account -- has only used it to slam me. He knows where I live -- never returned with the bike, arguing it was too far to drive.
    He now claims that HE'S the victim. I just went to the police station and spoke with the code enforcement office who paid me a kind visit yesterday to my home at the 'request' of Hedonistic: I explained that he was harassing me non-stop online and asked if the officer had his name and address -- apparently, both the name and address which 'Hedonistic' gave 'didn't check out' - they were false.
    Why would someone who claims to be a victim lie to the police? especially when they themselves were apparently part of the force? Why would someone provide a false name and address? Why would someone set up multiple shadow Facebook accounts and never own up to them? Why would someone claim to have done everything possible to get in touch with me, but then admit that he'd rather 'destroy' my character online rather than make the 2-hour round-trip?
    Hedonistic, you've tried your best to destroy me; but in so doing, you've only made me and my name that much stronger. Feel free to go back to the Facebook pages you tried so desperately to smear me on: you'll be amazed at the reaction I'm receiving. Here, to make things easier for you, and for EVERYONE reading this thread, take a look:
    https://www.facebook.com/ellsworthbikes?ref=hl
    https://www.facebook.com/EllsworthCPO?ref=hl
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anex-...9218673?ref=hl

    If the general public wants more good reading, here are more threads:
    Used El Guapo, dent in down tube (please pay special attention to his most recent post, he brings up his profession allows him to wear body armor and use machine-guns ... but he can't take them home)
    Anex bikes REVIEW (he discloses my 4 most recent states of residence -- how did he find this out?)
    Beware Anex Bikes REVIEW
    Cracked frame 6061 T6 (this is where he professes to 'do his best' to ruin my business)
    in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike (he talks about the 'national secrets' he is entrusted with and karma)

    Enough said. My conscience is clean. Is yours?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    I have threatened you? Seriously?

    At least you admitted in here that the officer was code enforcement. I am no longer a cop nor do I claim to be, I used to be. Do you REALLY expect people to believe you asked for the name and address of someone who complained that you are running an illegal business out of your home, told the officer that this person is harassing, bullying and intimidating you and he actually looked up the information in order to give it to you? Do you think the general public is stupid enough to believe such an obvious lie? Why on earth would anyone make a complaint and lie to code enforcement about their identity? Code enforcement does not care about my identity and they do not ask for an address. Cottonwood Heights :: Help Desk
    They do care about enforcing code and zoning.

    There is no attempted character assassination on my part, I have described a transaction with a supposed business and its owner. How many ways and means of attempting contact with a supposed business should be exhausted before before using the public forum? How long before its obvious someone is avoiding you? If you believe someone is avoiding you, a person should drive two hours round trip in the hope of confronting someone at their home? Really? Now that would be real harassment.

    I am sorry you find my profession intimidating, perhaps I should have lied and said I run an illegitimate scrap metal business from my home.

    As far as how I found out many things about you your previous states of residence for example. I have an unusual ability to use this thing called the internet. A person can find useful information such as bike company reviews, who has a business licence, etc.

    As far as doing my best to ruin your business, yes I will, if you can call it a business, real retail business are not run out a garage without a licence.

    Nearly everyone at my work is entrusted with national secrets and has a clearance. It is part of ensuring the federal government has trustworthy reliable people to do the job we do.

    Yes my conscience is clean, and it will be clear when you have to change the name of your "business" to try to sell more scrap.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flucod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    582
    Was on the fence on this topic, but after posting this:

    "Nearly everyone at my work is entrusted with national secrets and has a clearance. It is part of ensuring the federal government has trustworthy reliable people to do the job we do. "

    This is such a COMPLETE LOAD OF BS. Feds and trustworthy in the same sentence. LMAO. Anex feel your pain in dealing with this psycho.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,431
    Hey, now. The Federal Government employs the HIGHEST standards when hiring anyone for a Homeland Security-related job!
    High School diploma, MINIMUM!
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    Hey, now. The Federal Government employs the HIGHEST standards when hiring anyone for a Homeland Security-related job!
    High School diploma, MINIMUM!
    And what's wrong with a high school diploma getting someone a decent job, regardless of the employer? Jealous, are we?

    Reputation beyond repute, indeed?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppo View Post
    And what's wrong with a high school diploma getting someone a decent job, regardless of the employer? Jealous, are we?

    Reputation beyond repute, indeed?
    Yep. You got me. I'm jealous of all High School graduates! You must be one of those savvy Homeland Security experts. Actually, I'm very happy for you. I really am.
    It's a distinguished road indeed that you are on.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    Yep. You got me. I'm jealous of all High School graduates! You must be one of those savvy Homeland Security experts. Actually, I'm very happy for you. I really am.
    It's a distinguished road indeed that you are on.
    Thanks I don't work for DHS but DOD and yes there are good and high paying jobs in security. And I have 2 degrees and multiple certificates. Though I am working on my third degree and getting away from this **** job.
    08 Rush Lefty, hand built flow XTR rims, Sram X9 rear d, Pushed RP 23 , 07 Ventana Cuervo, Trek 9.8 Icetech brakes.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonistic View Post
    Thanks I don't work for DHS but DOD and yes there are good and high paying jobs in security. And I have 2 degrees and multiple certificates. Though I am working on my third degree and getting away from this **** job.
    I'm very happy for you.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  19. #19
    LBS Manager
    Reputation: Johnny Hair Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,892
    We had a customer have a bad experience with anex bikes. His bike came with missing suspension hardware and a 10 speed shifter on a 9 speed drive train. On top of that it had a short cage rapid rise rear derailleur with a triple crank set. The web site says they sell certified used bikes, I don't know who is "certifying" these bikes but they need a lesson on comparability of different standards .

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy View Post
    We had a customer have a bad experience with anex bikes. His bike came with missing suspension hardware and a 10 speed shifter on a 9 speed drive train. On top of that it had a short cage rapid rise rear derailleur with a triple crank set. The web site says they sell certified used bikes, I don't know who is "certifying" these bikes but they need a lesson on comparability of different standards .
    Have you attempted to contact him? If so any results?
    08 Rush Lefty, hand built flow XTR rims, Sram X9 rear d, Pushed RP 23 , 07 Ventana Cuervo, Trek 9.8 Icetech brakes.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 05:10 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 03:18 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 10:50 AM
  4. Fitness Bikes, Rigid Frame Hybrids, Flat bar road bikes
    By mm9 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 09:06 PM
  5. Replies: 90
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •