Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anex bikes REVIEW

12K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  oftheworld 
#1 · (Edited)
Tyler Pace of Anex Bicycles runs Ellsworth's CPO and trade in program this is not an licensed business as claimed on his website and the Anex Bicycles facebook page. He sold me a bike with a cracked frame and will not return calls or messages. Beware and take your business elsewhere.

#2 · (Edited)
Why is it not legit? Well he lists anex bikes as an LLC on Facebook, in the last four states he has lived UT, ID, CA, and CO, there is no LLC under his name or Anex bikes. The city in which he does business nor the neighboring cities list him as having a business licence. The BBB and yellow pages have no listing for him. Mostly because he sold me a pile of junk because in part because I trusted him because of his relation to Ellsworth and his listing as an LLC That and he flat out lied and said on pink bike that I did not try to contact him, in response I have screen shots of text messages he has not replied to posted on my pink bike profile.

Edit, There is an LLC listed under Annex Bicycles.

#3 ·
Clearing my name

I get that a he ripped you off, not denying that! It sucks and he should be called out, but unless you have proof he is not a LLC you could end up in a slander case. The info here is not enough to prove he is not an LLC. I have owned several business and made it very difficult to find me due to the nature of the business. He may have done the same, just trying to look out for you.
First thing's first: thank you Robert for being so gracious as to vomit your lies across the world-wide-web. I do appreciate it. Your alias names which you've used (Todd Jensen, Kevin Smith, Jake Longson) are now a known entity; you seem to think that saying the same thing, on the same day, at the same time, using three different identities, would somehow go un-noticed to the unsuspecting. You were wrong.

So, here's the facts: Robert (Hedonistic) showed up at my house and rode the bike around, checked it out, and amazingly bought it -- without a crack. 5-days go by and suddenly the guy is blasting my name across the web (Facebook, Blogger, Yelp, MTBR, Pinkbike, just to name a few), professing that I didn't return his messages. Funny thing is: he never called. Never emailed. Never texted. Never came back to my house. Nothing. He'll tell you he did; I'll tell you otherwise. I've been selling bikes for 15-years and I sell a LOT - I have no reason to allow some moron like this clown to smear my name over a cracked frame. I would have gladly worked with him, as I've worked with dozens of buyers before, but he simply never got in touch with me. And here we are.
So, the facts:
1. I'm an LLC. Not sure why my previous addresses in other states matter; the LLC was created here in Utah.
2. I don't sell crap; why would I? Why would I sell a cracked frame to someone IN PERSON? Did you ever ask yourself that, Robert?
3. I now run the trade-in program for Ellsworth; do you really think Ellsworth would sign up a fraudster to do business with?
4. People, if you want to laugh, listen to Hedonistic's defense of this whole scenario: you can find our thread here: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike

Go ahead and check ever MTBR reviews: few people ever write about good experiences, just the bad. If you want to see my willingness to work with customers, check out this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/used-el-guapo-dent-down-tube-762592.html

It's really REALLY easy for cowards like Robert, or Jake, or Todd, or Kevin, or whatever his name is today to hide behind the internet and vomit across the screeen; it's a whole lot harder to defend oneself.

#4 ·
Tyler it's easy to play tough guy on the internet, impressive!
1. I was mistaken there is an LLC listed under Anex Bicycles not Anex bikes as most of his websites list, I have edited posts you have my sincerest apologies. How dare I question the integrity of someone I can prove is lying. Here are screen shots of texts sent to Tyler. All Photo Album - Pinkbike Perhaps the visit form Cottonwood Heights code enforcement officer Tony Kassapakis informing him of the need to get a business licence with the township has him bent out of shape.
2. I sure did, and at your home no less.
3. I sent them an email asking the same question and no reply, Elsworth makes great bikes part of the reason I thought you where legit.
4. Please look at the link. I think Tyler comes across as being defensive, making personal attacks and being rude. Something about behaving like a spoiled twelve year old girl.

Congratulations in 15 years you managed to do right by a customer.

People don't generally fly off the handle and try to tarnish a company who treats its customers well. I am no exception I am trying to warn others about Anex bikes or Bicycles. I dont want someone else buying a broken rig and being injured or worse because of people like Tyler.

Tyler you are the one getting personal and throwing around insults. Tell ya what, you and I meet face to face and if you beat me fair and square in a thumb wrestle and I will delete and or edit all my posts.

To the rest of you, buy your bikes elsewhere, cheers and happy trails.

#5 ·
Check this link: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike
Notice anything missing? Yes, your text messages -- they NEVER CAME THROUGH!
If this is the extent that you took to get in touch with me, then congratulations, you never got in touch because I NEVER SAW THEM. WHY didn't you pick up the phone and CALL? EMAIL? Pinkbike? Bring the bike back! Instead, you retreated to absolutely destroying my name and reputation online.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. It never occurred to you to actually SPEAK with me before claiming I was avoiding you? I sell 230-bikes a year and reputation is everything; the LAST thing I would do is avoid someone, especially an unhappy customer, simply because of the possibility of THIS VERY SORT OF THING HAPPENING.

#6 ·
Well heres your chance again, drop the other ventana el cuervo frame off at millcreek bikes (my shop of choice) I will pay for all the parts swap as well as some upgrades, you are welcome to the Tires and front BB5 as well as the lever and housing. I will edit my posts and reviews. If it's worth it to you to send the frame to Vantana they will repair it for $420, weld, heat treat and fresh powder coat. I also have a gentleman in Canada who is a welder by trade and interested in the frame. I will put you two in touch. If not, cest la vi.

#7 ·
No; for many reasons. First, the other frame is gone. And second, to use a phrase that you're clearly well versed in, since you have disclosed your experience being deployed overseas, working as a police officer, and being 'entrusted' with national secrets: I don't negotiate with terrorists. You, sir, are the very definition of an online bully, and you're clearly working hard to intimidate and harass. I've proved my point all along: no communication was ever received. Period. End of story. It's a simple story because it's true. I have nothing to hide. And with that, I'm done with this.

#8 ·
You may think you are "done with this" however you are not, these posts show your character and are staying around forever. . It's funny how according to you I am a coward, a spoiled twelve year old girl, and a bully. Its pretty hard to harass and intimidate when as you claim I do not try to communicate call or stop by your house. You sir, are the one being a bully and calling names. I am a consumer dissatisfied with a product and a service.

I am no terrorist! I am FREEDOM FIGHTER! Battling the injustice of inflated scrap metal sales posing as bikes! I may make costume complete with tights and underwear on the outside!

#9 ·
I rest my case

You may think you are "done with this" however you are not, these posts show your character and are staying around forever. . It's funny how according to you I am a coward, a spoiled twelve year old girl, and a bully. Its pretty hard to harass and intimidate when as you claim I do not try to communicate call or stop by your house. You sir, are the one being a bully and calling names. I am a consumer dissatisfied with a product and a service.

I am no terrorist! I am FREEDOM FIGHTER! Battling the injustice of inflated scrap metal sales posing as bikes! I may make costume complete with tights and underwear on the outside!
Dear MTBR Forum readers and customers,

If you'd like to know the nature of Hedonistic, all you need to do is google Anex Bicycles -- pretty much every single word of hatred vomited my way is his. He claims to have no Facebook account -- but somehow, 3 different individuals by the names of Todd Jensen, Kevin Smith, and Jake Longson all posted the very same hatred towards me regarding purchasing a DH bike within a 1-hour timespan on 6/18/2014. It's strange; I don't recall meeting any guys by those names, especially selling them all the same DH bike in question.
He's vomited his attempts at character-assassination, online-bullying and intimidation towards me using the most blatant of threats regarding his profession: just read his threads. You'll see his true character.
He proclaims that I avoided him; he claims I avoided phone calls and texts. Here are screen shots of my phone that day he bought the bike from me, in person: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike
Notice -- no missed calls from 801.599.4934.
Here's my text messages from him: in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike
Notice -- no texts received once he arrived that day. Nothing. He has my email; never emailed back. He has my PB account -- has only used it to slam me. He knows where I live -- never returned with the bike, arguing it was too far to drive.
He now claims that HE'S the victim. I just went to the police station and spoke with the code enforcement office who paid me a kind visit yesterday to my home at the 'request' of Hedonistic: I explained that he was harassing me non-stop online and asked if the officer had his name and address -- apparently, both the name and address which 'Hedonistic' gave 'didn't check out' - they were false.
Why would someone who claims to be a victim lie to the police? especially when they themselves were apparently part of the force? Why would someone provide a false name and address? Why would someone set up multiple shadow Facebook accounts and never own up to them? Why would someone claim to have done everything possible to get in touch with me, but then admit that he'd rather 'destroy' my character online rather than make the 2-hour round-trip?
Hedonistic, you've tried your best to destroy me; but in so doing, you've only made me and my name that much stronger. Feel free to go back to the Facebook pages you tried so desperately to smear me on: you'll be amazed at the reaction I'm receiving. Here, to make things easier for you, and for EVERYONE reading this thread, take a look:
https://www.facebook.com/ellsworthbikes?ref=hl
https://www.facebook.com/EllsworthCPO?ref=hl
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anex-Bicycles-LLC/141405629218673?ref=hl

If the general public wants more good reading, here are more threads:
http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/used-el-guapo-dent-down-tube-762592.html#post11284454 (please pay special attention to his most recent post, he brings up his profession allows him to wear body armor and use machine-guns ... but he can't take them home)
http://forums.mtbr.com/ellsworth/anex-bikes-review-918712.html (he discloses my 4 most recent states of residence -- how did he find this out?)
http://forums.mtbr.com/utah/beware-anex-bikes-review-918713.html
http://forums.mtbr.com/frame-building/cracked-frame-6061-t6-917764.html (this is where he professes to 'do his best' to ruin my business)
in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States - photo by anexbikes - Pinkbike (he talks about the 'national secrets' he is entrusted with and karma)

Enough said. My conscience is clean. Is yours?

#10 ·
I have threatened you? Seriously?

At least you admitted in here that the officer was code enforcement. I am no longer a cop nor do I claim to be, I used to be. Do you REALLY expect people to believe you asked for the name and address of someone who complained that you are running an illegal business out of your home, told the officer that this person is harassing, bullying and intimidating you and he actually looked up the information in order to give it to you? Do you think the general public is stupid enough to believe such an obvious lie? Why on earth would anyone make a complaint and lie to code enforcement about their identity? Code enforcement does not care about my identity and they do not ask for an address. Cottonwood Heights :: Help Desk
They do care about enforcing code and zoning.

There is no attempted character assassination on my part, I have described a transaction with a supposed business and its owner. How many ways and means of attempting contact with a supposed business should be exhausted before before using the public forum? How long before its obvious someone is avoiding you? If you believe someone is avoiding you, a person should drive two hours round trip in the hope of confronting someone at their home? Really? Now that would be real harassment.

I am sorry you find my profession intimidating, perhaps I should have lied and said I run an illegitimate scrap metal business from my home.

As far as how I found out many things about you your previous states of residence for example. I have an unusual ability to use this thing called the internet. A person can find useful information such as bike company reviews, who has a business licence, etc.

As far as doing my best to ruin your business, yes I will, if you can call it a business, real retail business are not run out a garage without a licence.

Nearly everyone at my work is entrusted with national secrets and has a clearance. It is part of ensuring the federal government has trustworthy reliable people to do the job we do.

Yes my conscience is clean, and it will be clear when you have to change the name of your "business" to try to sell more scrap.

#16 ·
We had a customer have a bad experience with anex bikes. His bike came with missing suspension hardware and a 10 speed shifter on a 9 speed drive train. On top of that it had a short cage rapid rise rear derailleur with a triple crank set. The web site says they sell certified used bikes, I don't know who is "certifying" these bikes but they need a lesson on comparability of different standards .

#20 ·
I dealt with anexbikes on pinkbike over a year ago and in general, everything was Ok. I bought a set of wheels from him and asked about any damage or other problems etc...to be sure I covered myself. He said everything was fine, no dents, dings, large gouges etc..
I recieved the wheels and immediately inspected them, as I do with any bike part I buy, and I noticed a dent on the rim wall of the rear wheel. I contacted him right away and he was adequately fast to respond and we were able to remedy the situation. I ended up buying a new rim and he covered the cost. Overall I was pleased with the transaction, though, I would have rather not had to deal with an issue like that.

He did mention that he has a ton of bikes, wheels and other parts, and that he rides a lot of different stuff and that he most likely just overlooked the dent. I'm glad that he was willing to help me out but still would rather he take more care in properly listing his items.

#21 · (Edited)
I wanted to add my terrible experience with Anex Bikes as well. Unfortunately I didn't see this forum until it was too late. I purchased a used 2012 DiamondBack Sortie 2. After contacting him about the bike he informed me the fork on the bike had issues with the travel adjustment. He offered to put on a FOX Talas for an extra $50(without telling me it was 10 years old). I asked him if that fork was in working order and he said yes. Below is a copy of the communications I had with him through pinkbike. It is long but it paints the picture of who you are dealing with:

May 21, 2015 at 17:56
calistang1966 says:
Is your bike still available? Is there anything wrong with the bike? any leaks in the shocks? when was the last time the shocks were serviced? Thanks
May 21, 2015 at 18:00
anexbikes Plus says:
Still got it. Shock works great. Fork works well, but the travel adjustment doesnt work.
May 21, 2015 at 18:03
calistang1966 says:
I'm fairly new to modern mountain bikes. Is that something that can be fixed?
May 21, 2015 at 18:13
anexbikes Plus says:
On a marzocchi I'd recommend riding it into the ground. then replace it when the tome comes with a fox.
May 21, 2015 at 19:17
anexbikes Plus says:
I could put a fox talas on for $75 more if you're interested
May 22, 2015 at 6:53
calistang1966 says:
ok let me think about it. That is getting a little out of my price range.
May 22, 2015 at 6:55
anexbikes Plus says:
I have someone else contemplating the bike with the Talas for $900 total shipped; so I'll extend the same offer to you. Let me know.
May 22, 2015 at 6:59
calistang1966 says:
ok is the Talas new or used? is it in full working order?
May 22, 2015 at 7:01
anexbikes Plus says:
Used rlc. Working great.
May 22, 2015 at 7:11
calistang1966 says:
OK, as long as its all in working order I'll take it. Let me know what the next step is. This is my first time buying something off pinkbike.com so im a little nervous about it.
May 22, 2015 at 7:15
calistang1966 says:
I had one last question. Are you installing the Fox forks and keeping the bomber forks or are you just shipping the fox forks with the bike?
May 22, 2015 at 7:15
anexbikes Plus says:
No worries; PayPal is the way to go. Let me know your email and I can send you a money request -- it's the safest way for both of us, because PayPal protects you from getting screwed.
May 22, 2015 at 7:16
anexbikes Plus says:
I'm keeping the Bomber.
May 22, 2015 at 7:19
calistang1966 says:
ok, cool i was just curious. My email is ------------. Thanks
May 22, 2015 at 7:30
anexbikes Plus says:
request sent
May 22, 2015 at 7:43
calistang1966 says:
ok i sent the money.
May 22, 2015 at 7:46
anexbikes Plus says:
Cool. I'll get it out tomorrow.
May 22, 2015 at 7:47
calistang1966 says:
thanks! I look forward to it.
May 22, 2015 at 10:11
calistang1966 says:
could you please send tracking information when you have it?
May 22, 2015 at 10:12
anexbikes Plus says:
Will do.
May 23, 2015 at 18:54
calistang1966 says:
Just wondering if you were able to ship the bike today? Thanks have a great holiday weekend.
May 23, 2015 at 22:42
anexbikes Plus says:
It's on the way (or at least in the system): --------------.
It will ship Tuesday.
May 24, 2015 at 9:41
calistang1966 says:
Ok thanks. What shipping company are you using?
May 24, 2015 at 9:43
anexbikes Plus says:
FedEx
May 27, 2015 at 9:58
calistang1966 says:
I was wondering if I will have to sign for the bike when it gets delivered?
May 27, 2015 at 10:12
anexbikes Plus says:
Yes.
Jun 11, 2015 at 16:48
calistang1966 says:
Hello, I bought the diamond back sortie 2 from u a couple weeks ago. I finally got it put together and was riding it around. I filled the forks with air and was trying to use the lockout on both front and rear. The lockout seems to do nothing. I'm a little concerned since I paid $900 for it and the suspension is not working like it should. Do you know when the forks were last serviced? When was the last they were used and did they function properly at that time?
Jun 11, 2015 at 16:58
anexbikes Plus says:
The rear shock has pro-pedal. It stiffens up the rear but doesn't lock out completely. That's how they work.
The front may need a service. If it's not locking, it usually means there's some dirt or gunk blocking the mechanism.
Jun 17, 2015 at 7:10
calistang1966 says:
Good Morning,

So I contacted a local suspension company as well as Fox and it looks like to service the front fork it will be $175 and the rear $150. I know the front for sure needs it cause the lockouts dont work at all. The rear I am having looked at to see if it needs it but I anticipate it does since it doesnt seem to stiffen. I was under the impression that everything was in working order when we talked before I purchased the bike. I wasnt planning on spending another $300+ to get the bike working. It is also in need of a tune up. Would you be willing to throw some money back my way to help with these costs? I am willing to pay for the tune up and some of the suspension rebuilds. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Jun 17, 2015 at 7:23
anexbikes Plus says:
Those prices seem WAY over-priced for doing basic overhauls to suspension; all of the shops here in Utah charge in the $70 range for a front fork overhaul (new seals, dust wipers, and oils), and $50 for the rear shock (same thing). $175 is a complete rip off: you can purchase a used Fox for less on Pinkbike (go ahead and look some up); this is a basic servicing we're talking about -- Fox recommends it every 30-40 riding hours. $175 seems more like major surgery - like replacing the lowers or uppers. I'd keep shopping around if I were you; those prices are far excessive to normal. The funny thing is, all you are needing is the lock-out to kick back in; that typically means the fluid level is low (hence, why they replace the fluids). It's a simple fix. I'm honestly shocked that a shop would rob you that much for such a basic fix.

Check out some of the threads about this: forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/serviced-fox-float-120-rl-no-lockout-no-rebound-dampening-745183.html

Youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdevNnOxyQs
Jun 17, 2015 at 7:41
calistang1966 says:
The $175 is for a factory rebuild. both local shops I have talked to say that is what will be needed with the age of the suspension. There is one local company that will do it here and the other sends it off to Fox. There was one shop locally that I am going to call back to talk to cause they quoted around $70 but im not sure they knew it was a fox shock.
Jun 17, 2015 at 7:47
calistang1966 says:
I'm not sure why things are so expensive here but everyone I have called has quoted me a $125-175 for the front and another $150-200 for the rear.
Jun 17, 2015 at 8:40
anexbikes Plus says:
Sorry, but I'm just amazed at how little these shops you're calling know -- or how incredibly criminal their prices are. I've never heard of any shop needing to send back a Float RL or RP23 to the factory due to the age - any bike shop that knows anything about suspension knows Fox inside and out. $150 for a front and $200 for a rear? You can buy new rear's for $200. It's insane. Definately shop around - they're ripping you off.
If it were a 2001 Fox Float RC or something, I could see the need; but these are current technology Fox forks...these shops...
Jun 17, 2015 at 8:59
calistang1966 says:
Do u happen to know the year on the Fox talas?
Jun 17, 2015 at 9:38
anexbikes Plus says:
Send me a pic if you don't mind and I'll be able to tell: ------------
Jun 17, 2015 at 9:54
calistang1966 says:
ok ill take a pic tonight when i get off work and send it to you. All those quotes I have been getting are for a full rebuild and not just an oil change. im not sure why places around here are not willing to work on them without sending them to a special shop or back to fox. just is an expense i was not anticipating. and since im pretty new to mountain bikes im not sure i trust doing it myself yet.
Jun 17, 2015 at 10:28
anexbikes Plus says:
That's the thing: a standard service to a rear shock or fork is all you need; it's not major reconstructive surgery. They're making it out to be -- and it's criminal. Fox recommends servicing their forks/shocks every 30-40 hours of riding; it's overkill, but some people do it. That basic $70 service for a fork or $50 for a shock will be wipers, seals, and oils - and it will 'kick' the shock back into shape if it's not locking out or the pro-pedal isn't kicking in. I don't know what they're telling you needs to be done that's requiring a $150+ investment in each piece, but I've never heard of such high estimates for a servicing. You can send your fork or shock to PUSH and have it custom tuned and the internals replaced for almost that much: PUSH Industries
Jun 17, 2015 at 10:36
calistang1966 says:
so these are the guys locally here that can work on them. all the bike shops send it out to them.

Suspension Experts | MTB Suspension Rebuilds | Western North Carolina

and this what fox says is done for that money.

Bike Suspension Service | FOX

sounds like its a full rebuild of the shock. It does seem expensive but i cant find anyone else to do it for less.

I guess I'm mostly just concerned cause I wasnt planning on buying a bike that needed the suspension serviced. If you would be willing to at least kick in the $70 for front and $50 for the rear that you say are the normal service prices I would be happy with that. Let me know if you are willing to help out. I hate bothering people like this but after spending the $900 i really dont have the extra money I need to service these things.

I am going to keep looking around to see if i can find another shop that can do it but i have called all 3 of the major bike shops where i live.

calistang1966 says:
Hello,
I wanted to touch base with you again. I took the bike to REI to have the fork serviced. They started with a basic service and found the seals we're cracking and leaking and the fork had no oil in it. They replaced the seals and the fork still does not work properly(no lockout and dampener not working). So they took it apart more. Below is and email describing what they found and what the problem is.

"Hey James,

Just wanted to fill you in on the issues we found with your fork.

The damper side base valve assembly is cracked right where the fork lower bolts to the damper.

Your fork has an open bath damper, and the base valve is responsible for limiting the oil flow to control all the damper settings including the lockout, rebound control, and compression.

Unfortunately, the base valve also holds your fork lower onto the stanchion and the fork is not safe to ride with this crack, whether or not the damper is working properly.

In our inspection of your damper cartridge, this was the only issue we saw, so we are assuming the base valve is to blame for the lockout not working.

As part of our previous service, we have also done a lower oil bath change, and replaced the wiper seals and foam rings which were cracked and leaking oil, especially on the air side.

Because your fork is a 2005 model, Fox does not supply parts for this fork anymore.

In similar cases, we have been able to upgrade the entire damper cartridge to a newer style, but we are unable to do that in this case.

In 2007, Fox changed the "standard" size of the thread pitch and bore for their forks so none of the newer damper cartridges will fit in your fork."

End email.

So basically I'm a little upset at this point. First off that fork you put on is 10 years old and fox no longer supports parts for it. Second it does not work as you stated before I bought the bike. Third, in it's condition the bike is not even safe to ride.

So I am emailing you to see what we can do about this. They are basically recommending trying to find a part on ebay or something that will replace the broken valve or replacing the fork.

When I bought the bike you told me everything was in working condition. I do not mind minor maintenance but this is more than I agreed to.

What can we do do fix this? I don't want to have to get PayPal involved in this and hope we can resolve this. Please let me know as soon as you can what you can do for me. Thanks
Jul 3, 2015 at 19:14
calistang1966 says:
Feel free to call my cell at ------------.
Jul 3, 2015 at 20:06
anexbikes Plus says:
James,
You purchased a used bike, as-is. You've now dug deep into having service techs rip apart both the front and rear suspension and dig up issues that are far below standard surface-level. You've now had the bike 6+ weeks. I don't see how you can continue to point the finger and assume that it's my responsibility to pay for the continued perfecting of your bike: it's a used bike. Used bike aren't perfect, just like used cars aren't perfect. You can't keep bringing up any/every issue you uncover with your bike and expect me to pay for it: it's been 6-weeks. Going to the extremes of having a shop rip open forks and shocks to repair them in the hopes that I'll fund the repair is borderline ridiculous. One thing you need to learn quickly before you spend a lot of money fixing old and out-dated parts is this: it's a lot easier and cheaper to replace forks and shocks rather than to repair them. As I told you with the rear shock, replacing it is a much better and ultimately cheaper option than repairing it. The same rule applies for the front fork.
I helped with the rear shock; but that's as far as I'm willing to go. Anyone else on Pinkbike, or even eBay, would have told you to take a hike after raising a concern four-weeks after purchase; I helped out. It's now been 6-weeks; I consider this issue resolved.
-Tyler
Jul 3, 2015 at 20:18
calistang1966 says:
I will be taking this up with paypal. U told me that the fork is in woring order. It is not! I'm glad I took it into the shop cause it's not even safe to ride. All I'm asking is I get what I paid for. A bike in working order. This is a complete rip off. I'm not trying to nickel and dime you. I just want what I paid $900 for. I specifically asked you if the fork was in good condition and you said it works great. We'll having the dampener not work and an integral part of the structure of the fork broken is not working great. I don't know how you can do business like this. Here are the options I consider to be fair.

1) I ship u back the bike and you give me a full refund.

2) I ship you back the fork and you ship me a worming fork.

3) I ship you the fork and you refund me $300 to buy an used working replacement fork.

Please let me know what option you would like to take.

I will be setting up a case with paypal as well as seeking other avenues to resolve this issue. If this were a small service issue I wouldn't be concerned but the front fork you gave me is basically trash and can't be repaired or used as is.

The reason for raising a concern so late is it was the only chance I had to take it in and have it serviced. I am extremely disappointed in this transaction. And judging on what I have researched of your business I'm not the only one who has had issues.

I did end up having to go through paypal to get some money back and they obviously sided with me. He is obviously not an ethical person and is just slapping parts and bikes and selling them. Please do not buy from him especially if you havent seen it in person or ridden the bike. I tried to work things out with him but he was very rude as you see in the emails. there are much better places to buy from.

#23 ·
That is a good question. Thats why I posted the entire conversation. Its super long but shows you everything you need to know about how he runs a business. He claims to have been doing it for 15 years yet he put a broken fork on my bike claiming it worked fine. My service guy at REI knew something was wrong within 5 min of me bringing the bike in. He claims on his facebook page that only 1% of his customers are unhappy. Well in good business you would take care of those 1%. All I ever asked was for money to fix/replace the fork that was broken and I was met with hostility and rude words. Luckily Paypal was able to settle it for me but I just wanted to warn others out there to beware before buying.

#24 ·
Man, I'm glad you got your money back through PayPal. I read the Pinkbike conversation you posted and anyone with half a brain can see that Anex Bikes was clearly taking advantage of the fact that you're not very experienced with mountain bikes and was trying to rip you off. You pointed out the issues you had with your suspension to him immediately after you got it yet he has the gall to tell you to pound sand after six weeks. Not only that, but anyone who knows anything about suspension will know that a seal/lower oil change isn't going to fix a broken lockout. At a minimum that's going to require a damper rebuild. The prices you were quoted ($150-$175) were right on point.

What a scumbag.

#25 ·
Yea, I really wanted to send the bike back to him just out of spite but i would have lost money on the deal and he would have gotten a better bike back after what I did to it to fix everything. then he would have just sold it for more money. So i kept it in the fixed condition and then got my money back for the repairs. Just wanted to post the review about him to warn other is possible. You can look at his facebook page and find a couple other bad reviews. Plus a bike he is claiming was owned by a pro rider. the picture of the 2 bikes are not the same. they are both red. thats about the only similarity.

I am just trying to get the word out. I even let pinkbike know about it to see if there is anything they can do in the future.

#27 ·
Well I recently bought a bike. 2015 khs. He said has minor dent you can't see in pics.but you can clearly see it. He said he would add a dropper post for 100bucks.
I messaged him about it and he said he would refund 75bucks if I sent him the fork. Or he would be willing to swap for a different dropper.

Luckily for me the dent wasn't crazy big but I'm still keeping my eye on it. The bike once washed does look fairly new. I took it to a khs dealer and they said the bike was in good working order(luckkkyyy) I was lucky on this bike. But the dropper did not work

So luckily I found online how to take the. Dropper apart and now the dropper(ks lev) is now working 100 percent

I was upset tho when I told him about the bent being so big and dropper not working

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.