mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Air shock for Moment frame

I am switching out my DHX coil for an air shock on my moment frame and I am wondering if a standard or high volume air sleeve rp23 would better on this frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    depends on how much mid stroke support you want and how linear you want the stroke to be. The standard will support the mid stroke more but ramp up more at the end stroke.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Tried both on mine and much prefer the high volume. I struggled to get full travel out of the standard sleeve but with the high volume its much more active and enables you to get more travel out of it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Its definitely about the balance of full travel to mid stroke support. I tried a DHX air on it and found it to really wallow in the mid stroke. I am wondering if the high volume rp23 will have the same issue.

T.W.O.
    If you have to get a new RP23 you may want to consider Push Industry. It would cost a little more but you'd have the light weight shock that perform the way you like.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I ended up going with a high volume rp23 on the frame.
    Due to knee surgery I have only had the opportunity to get in a few short rides but so far I feel it was the right decision.
    The rp23 I installed has a high compression tune. It seems way more stable in the mid travel than the DHX air ever did. It's not a coil but its very plush. I seem to be using the travel well but haven't hit anything too big on it yet.