Thread: Aeon????

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Aeon????

My Isis is labeled Aeon by Ellsworth. Who/What/ or how does Aeon relate to the Isis line of bikes. Thanx for the info!!!!

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    u have one of the first production models with the ATLAS design.
    Aeon was designed by Ventana and Ells, but it ended up under Ells flagship after only a couple of years.

I guess Ventana walked away with a nice, fat check

aka Willy Vanilly
    no message here to read
    Last edited by will8250; 03-25-2004 at 08:53 AM. Reason: accidental reply
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
    E. F. Schumacher

sXe

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    u have one of the first production models with the ATLAS design.
    Aeon was designed by Ventana and Ells, but it ended up under Ells flagship after only a couple of years.

I guess Ventana walked away with a nice, fat check
    http://forums13.consumerreview.com/c....2@.efd5924/18

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    don't really care what happend between them. we'll never find out the real truth anyways. That's their business and not YOURS

one thing that does matter, ATLAS is the best single pivot design, and Ellsowrths craftsmanship is #1 on the market.

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    don't really care what happend between them. we'll never find out the real truth anyways. That's their business and not YOURS

one thing that does matter, ATLAS is the best single pivot design, and Ellsowrths craftsmanship is #1 on the market.
    Ellsworth doesn't build bikes and Ventana designed the frame.The term craftsmanship is not applicable with Ellsworth as they didn't design or build the frame. I still think Titus Loco is a better single pivot design.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    Ellsworth doesn't build bikes and Ventana designed the frame.The term craftsmanship is not applicable with Ellsworth as they didn't design or build the frame. I still think Titus Loco is a better single pivot design.
    My wifey loves her Loco!

I was thinking about that handcrafted in CA thing. Obviously that means Ellsworth gets all the parts from Oregon and press the bearing and tightens the bolts...that is handcrafted.

That said, I love my new shorter romic on my Id. I rode some gnarly trail today and felt like my Id was dialed in. Climbed like a goat and gave me rock solid confidence on the drops. After my experience, the CA edition Id may actually have too short of a shock, and the moment headtube may be too slack.

Members who have read this thread: 0