mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. 90's Truth ID???

org. owner bought this frame in 1998-grey anodized w/alloy rear triangle.no serial #'s that I can find nor any headbadge.there is a rear canti brake hanger that appears to be org./no disc tabs,rockshox deluxe.according to bikepedia the color ressembales the Absolute Truth but it has a carbon rear triangle.;BikePedia - 1998 Ellsworth Absolute Truth Complete Bicycle ideas to the year? thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by 02_NRS; 01-01-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: forgot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

first year?

no serial# on the BB,no bolt on derailleur hanger.....no headtube badge.when was the first Truth manufactured? anyone?

mtbr member
    I have a '97 that looks very similar to yours (same color, even), but not exact. The shock mount is the same, but the CNC pivot arm that attaches to the shock is slightly different. The connection at the top of the seat stays and the top part of the triangle are the same as yours, but I don't have the cable hanger for cantilever brakes. I DO have disk brake mounting holes, but they're an obsolete 22mm hayes standard.

Mine has a serial number that includes the model year (97), but it's really hard to see. It's on the bottom bracket shell, but located facing toward the rear of the bike. It's also smaller than most frame serial numbers that you're used to. Take a second look and see if you have one too.

All that considered though, I'm also guessing you have a '96 or older. Pretty amazing how well it still works, isn't it?! And that, other than bearings replacing bushings and some longer travel geometries, that the basic rear suspension design was perfected 16 years ago, and hasn't improved since?
    We still hang bike thieves in Wyoming [Pedal House]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

frame/

double checked for the # 's on the BB-bare as can be.no numbers anywheres.ellsworth stated it must have slipped thru w/out any.think it will go together w/period parts-canti brakes,org. shock,maybe a judy xc fork.nothing fancy for a 16 years young design.......can't wait to ride it.